Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Criticism of Bungie storytelling *SP*
Posted By: Narcogen <narcogen@rampancy.net>Date: 1/26/08 8:40 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Criticism of Bungie storytelling (reprobate)

: It was a bad example and I wrote it in a little bit of a hurry, I'll concede
: that, but even the average foot soldier whom you come across might wonder
: occasionally, "Hey, there's other Spartans, aren't there? Why is he
: alone?" They would especially consider that later on during the
: events of Halo 3. Humanity has been utterly decimated by the war and
: basically any moment the Covenant want to, they could kill all the humans
: left. Maybe every human alive has wondered outside of the scope of the
: game why no Spartans are around to save their butts, but given the
: standard doctrine of "Spartans never die," I think it'd be
: perfectly within reason to sneak up on some marines who didn't know you
: were coming who were just wondering amongst themselves, not intending for
: the Chief to hear, what happened to the rest. At that point do they all
: just assume they're dead or fighting elsewhere?

Spartans were supposed to be rare. That was the point.

Then, at some point, the idea of whole legions of them were made up for the novels and for Halo Wars.

At every point where Marines meet a Spartan within the context of the three shooters, they are always surprised to see one at all-- not surprised there aren't more of them.

In this way I think ancillary materials like the novels have really done a detriment to the Chief's position in the story. He's the last damn Spartan. The game says so. The marines say so. The bloody music says so. That's why people don't ask where the others are.

Of course, every time on this forum you call the Chief the 'last spartan' there's a novel fan to chime in 'oh but no he isn't'-- which is technically correct but completely misses the point.

: You can have the greatest story in the world, but if you don't tell it then
: it doesn't mean anything. I already used Half-Life above as an example, so
: I'll use #2 (and by extension the two episodes) to demonstrate. Half-Life
: 2 basically does everything that was listed there: it makes the story
: simple enough for people to understand, it repeats story fairly
: frequently, and even literally plasters hints about the world and its
: background on the walls.

: Now I've seen people criticize even Half-Life 2's story, but it isn't
: hyperbole to state that many fans and critics of FPS games, and even just
: games in general, consider it to be one of the best games of all time. The
: kind of criticism that Halo gets for its story is not usually one of the
: complaints that people have for Half-Life 2. I suppose you could try to
: make the argument that what Bungie attempted with Halo is more complex or
: in-depth than what Valve did with Half-Life 2, but Valve's world is just
: as mysterious as Halo's, and of similar detail.

The scope of Halo's story is much, much broader.

Half-Life's is told solely on the Earth, solely from a human perspective. It isn't until the end of HL2 that there's even a hint of why any of this has gone on in terms of the invaders' motivations.

And as far as mystery goes... I'd say there's a difference between hiding one's secrets well and being intentionally vague to the point that you don't even know yourself who or what a character is.

I've long wondered if even Valve know who or what G-Man is, what he wants, or what he's doing. Seems to me he's just a garden variety deus ex machina. I don't think he'll ever be explained-- not because nobody will ever figure it out, but because there's nothing there TO figure out.

Of course, some people say that about Halo, but I think the difference there is that if the games spark your interest there are other places to look for the backstory that doesn't make it into the games. And that backstory does exist.

: Valve never even states why the Combine (the Covenant of the Half-Life world)
: are doing what they're doing, but the players at least get a peak at the
: answer in game. Why are they on Earth? Well, it looks like they're
: draining it of all its resources, so that's at least one reason. Why they
: couldn't have just been nice and traded with us, who knows, but there it
: is. Why are the Covenant killing all humans? If you're looking for an
: answer in Halo, you won't find one.

That's not correct. You get one answer in the games. You get a deeper answer elsewhere. For the Combine situation, there's barely an answer in the game and no other answer anywhere else.

The Covenant at that point is as two
: dimensional as any other alien species who has ever been whooped on in
: video games. Half-Life 2 shows you its story visually when its characters
: aren't talking to you or each other, while Halo raises many valid
: questions and either never answers them, or answers them only part way. In
: the sequels, we learn (those of us who haven't read outside story) that
: there is a clear order and structure to the species in the Covenant. There
: is a kind of leader or master race even above the Elites, and they want to
: fire the Halo rings because Great Journeys kick ass.

Wow. If that's what you got out of the game I'm sorry. Maybe I got a special disc or something?

And that's fine and
: good, we're beginning to see an actual society behind the Covenant. It
: still doesn't explain why they're doing what they're doing to humans, but
: at least they're not just targets to shoot. It isn't until Halo 3 that it
: is specifically laid out (even though most of the Halo story fans had
: figured it out or suspected it by now) that humans "are
: Forerunner." OK, that's neat, but wait... don't these Covenant guys
: worship the Forerunner? So why are they attacking us exactly?

Ugh... not going there. I'm close to grudgingly accepting that, but to my mind, it does not help me make an argument that Halo's story is a subtly told epic, so I still resist when I can :)

: So the fifth Halo novel comes out (post-Halo 3) and we finally get a glimpse
: of the answer behind the big question, why the Covenant is murdering
: humans. And the grand answer is... because the leaders knew that humans
: were Forerunner and were afraid of a possible shake up of the Covenant.
: Only... the Covenant reverted to civil war anyway due to their bidding. So
: what's the deal? The only answer that I've seen that sounds reasonable is
: that the Hierarchs wanted to make sure that they kept all the power for
: themselves that goes with being the leaders of the Covenant.

That latter reason is a good one. (I'm labeling this spoilers now because you've given away a lot of CH here). Beyond that I think there is the issue of a long-held grudge. I don't think the Prophets entered into the Covenant with the best of motives. It was a way of keeping a dreaded enemy at bay. With the Journey seemingly within reach at last, I think Truth took the opportunity to betray the Elites as a kind of last stab at them. He fully expected to initiate the Great Journey before any retaliation could be made.

: I don't know what the real reason for any of their actions are, but I think
: that's a pretty good example of just how extremely murky the story is even
: to the hardcore. How anyone can expect a casual story fan to figure that
: out is beyond me. Half-Life 2 shows us that the Combine are here, they've
: enslaved nearly everyone, are hunting those who resist, and want the Earth
: for its resources (if not something else). It explains it in such a way
: that doesn't require a PhD in Half-Life 2 to understand while still
: remaining mysterious. There is a history just as tangible in Ravenholm as
: there is in High Charity, and throughout the rest of the Half-Life Earth
: as there is on ancient Forerunner installations.

That's a much, much simpler story. Halo also operates on that level:

The Covenant are on Earth. They are killing wherever they go. And they are digging under the Earth to find something. Shoot and kill them before they get it.

That's pretty simple.

What you're really pointing out is that Halo has a much deeper level that operates more subtly. Half-Life 2 doesn't tell its story less subtly. It just doesn't have anything beyond the surface level to say. Which is not a criticism. It just isn't that kind of game. It's a small scale story of an Everyman character caught up in the local consequences of a large situation that is, to be quite honest, quite beyond his grasp. You only ever see it at the end.

Actually, let me take that back. The last level of HL2 is ENTIRELY non-subtle, where the good Doctor just explains every single damn thing to you, one right after another. For no damn good reason, either.

: Well... all right. I just think it's possible to retain most of the mystery
: of the story without having to alienate as many people as it does. It's
: rewarding for those who know what's going on and put the time into looking
: everything up. As I've said before, I enjoy all the novels and comics
: (except for maybe Uprising) that Bungie has put out, but in order to
: understand the story, you really do need to have them.

To understand the deeper layers of the story, you do. To understand the shallow levels, you really don't. Plenty of people enjoy Halo without ever having thought about it. But for those who do, there's not just extra story to consume-- there are things to think about, because that part of the story is told subtly.

That's what I like about it. That's why there's no (at least not that I'm aware of) "Half Life Story Page" that's going to be going strong with philosophical arguments ten years after the game first came out. But for Marathon there is. For Halo there just might be-- we have to wait a few years and see yet :)

Submit Your Forge Creations!

Message Index

Replies:

Criticism of Bungie storytellingphatcorns 1/25/08 6:44 p.m.
     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingSinisterSamurai 1/25/08 6:53 p.m.
           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingphatcorns 1/25/08 6:57 p.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingphatcorns 1/25/08 6:59 p.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingserpx 1/25/08 7:04 p.m.
                       Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingStephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/25/08 7:22 p.m.
                             Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingserpx 1/25/08 7:33 p.m.
                                   Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingGreatest Journey 1/25/08 8:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingreprobate 1/25/08 9:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingIbeechu 1/26/08 10:09 a.m.
                                               Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingCorinthian 1/28/08 2:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingCthulhu117 1/30/08 11:42 a.m.
                             Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingreprobate 1/25/08 7:46 p.m.
                                   Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingSinisterSamurai 1/25/08 9:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingreprobate 1/25/08 10:28 p.m.
                                               Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 12:22 a.m.
                                                     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingRox 1/26/08 4:49 a.m.
                                                     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingreprobate 1/26/08 5:31 a.m.
                                                           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytelling *SP*Narcogen 1/26/08 8:40 a.m.
                                                           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingscarab 1/26/08 9:04 a.m.
                                                           Perhaps not...stan 1/26/08 11:20 a.m.
                                                     Wait a minute...stan 1/26/08 11:16 a.m.
                                                           Re: Wait a minute...Jillybean 1/27/08 10:37 a.m.
                                                                 What happened to your trilogy?UrsusArctos 1/27/08 7:42 p.m.
                                                                       Re: What happened to your trilogy?Jillybean 1/29/08 4:57 p.m.
                                                                             Re: What happened to your trilogy?Simpsons Rule 1/29/08 9:13 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: What happened to your trilogy?Jillybean 1/30/08 3:57 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: What happened to your trilogy?Simpsons Rule 1/30/08 8:59 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: What happened to your trilogy?Jillybean 1/30/08 12:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingCody Miller 1/27/08 10:35 a.m.
                                                           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingscarab 1/27/08 11:25 a.m.
                                                           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingCorinthian 1/28/08 2:36 p.m.
                                               Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingGreatest Journey 1/26/08 12:26 a.m.
                                                     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingreprobate 1/26/08 6:20 a.m.
                                                           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingDHalo 1/26/08 9:00 a.m.
                                   Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 12:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingreprobate 1/26/08 6:08 a.m.
                                               Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 8:43 a.m.
                                   That's not really all that important...stan 1/26/08 10:39 a.m.
                                         Re: That's not really all that important...scarab 1/26/08 11:42 a.m.
                                         Re: That's not really all that important...Narcogen 1/26/08 12:55 p.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingelpolloguapo 1/25/08 9:27 p.m.
                       Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingelpolloguapo 1/25/08 9:31 p.m.
     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingPeptuck 1/25/08 9:38 p.m.
           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 12:23 a.m.
           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingscarab 1/26/08 5:00 a.m.
                 Doh! ignore ^^^^ *NM*scarab 1/26/08 5:01 a.m.
     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingGravemind 1/25/08 9:49 p.m.
           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingelpolloguapo 1/25/08 10:10 p.m.
                 RealizationDHalo 1/25/08 10:19 p.m.
                       Re: Realizationreprobate 1/25/08 10:37 p.m.
                       Re: RealizationRox 1/26/08 5:14 a.m.
                             Re: RealizationThe More Deluded 1/26/08 6:56 a.m.
                                   This seems a lil garbld reading back, bear with me *NM*The More Deluded 1/26/08 6:59 a.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 12:29 a.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingscarab 1/26/08 9:25 a.m.
                       Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingCorinthian 1/28/08 2:52 p.m.
           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 12:26 a.m.
           Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingscarab 1/26/08 5:06 a.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingPeptuck 1/26/08 5:10 a.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingThe More Deluded 1/26/08 8:07 a.m.
                 Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 8:23 a.m.
                       Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingscarab 1/26/08 9:48 a.m.
                             Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/26/08 12:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Charley117 1/26/08 1:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 1:41 p.m.
                                               Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Louis Wu 1/26/08 2:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 2:04 p.m.
                                                           Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Charley117 1/26/08 3:14 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Peptuck 1/26/08 3:33 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Charley117 1/26/08 3:51 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/26/08 8:50 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 4:37 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 3:36 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/26/08 8:44 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Cthulhu117 1/27/08 10:59 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 12:53 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 1:46 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/27/08 10:38 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/28/08 3:10 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/27/08 10:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.rhubarb 1/26/08 5:02 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Charley117 1/26/08 5:06 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 5:49 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Cthulhu117 1/26/08 5:57 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 6:00 p.m.
                                                     Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Peptuck 1/26/08 3:24 p.m.
                                                           Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Cthulhu117 1/26/08 3:39 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 3:50 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/26/08 9:06 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 4:35 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Gravemind 1/27/08 5:23 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 9:28 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/27/08 9:50 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 10:11 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 8:42 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 9:56 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:06 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 12:17 p.m.
                                                                                         ooooo!scarab 1/27/08 3:52 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: ooooo!scarab 1/27/08 3:55 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: ooooo!elpolloguapo 1/27/08 4:25 p.m.
                                                                                                     Gravemind all over again.Greatest Journey 1/27/08 9:30 p.m.
                                                                                                           Exactly what I was hinting at *NM*elpolloguapo 1/27/08 9:50 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: ooooo!Narcogen 1/27/08 11:16 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: ooooo!scarab 1/28/08 1:31 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: ooooo!Narcogen 1/28/08 8:12 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.rhubarb 1/27/08 6:06 p.m.
                                                                                   Good Halo timeline for referencerhubarb 1/27/08 6:16 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/27/08 10:44 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/27/08 10:45 p.m.
                                                     Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.De Laal 1/27/08 11:00 a.m.
                                                           Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:19 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.De Laal 1/27/08 11:27 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:29 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Louis Wu 1/27/08 12:31 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 1:43 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Louis Wu 1/27/08 3:32 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 3:42 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 4:06 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 4:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Narcogen 1/27/08 11:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.elpolloguapo 1/28/08 3:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.Corinthian 1/28/08 2:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Hokey stories and ancient religions.scarab 1/27/08 9:26 a.m.
                                         The criticism should be of the pop cultureJillybean 1/27/08 10:34 a.m.
                       Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingCthulhu117 1/26/08 3:31 p.m.
                             Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingelpolloguapo 1/26/08 4:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingNarcogen 1/26/08 10:02 p.m.
                                         Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingelpolloguapo 1/26/08 10:16 p.m.
                             Jumps.Narcogen 1/26/08 9:28 p.m.
                                   Re: Jumps.Greatest Journey 1/26/08 10:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Jumps.Narcogen 1/26/08 10:15 p.m.
                                               Re: Jumps.elpolloguapo 1/26/08 10:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: Jumps.Louis Wu 1/27/08 8:54 a.m.
     The worst example is FloodgateBaratos 1/25/08 11:38 p.m.
           Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 12:31 a.m.
                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateDHalo 1/26/08 1:27 a.m.
                       Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 1:49 a.m.
                             Re: The worst example is FloodgateGravemind 1/26/08 2:19 a.m.
                                   Re: The worst example is FloodgateKanian 1/26/08 2:21 a.m.
                                         Beastarium *NM*scarab 1/26/08 5:23 a.m.
                                         Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 9:07 a.m.
                                   Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 3:53 a.m.
                             Re: The worst example is FloodgateSPARTAN-034 1/26/08 11:05 a.m.
                                   Re: The worst example is FloodgateThe More Deluded 1/26/08 12:13 p.m.
                                         Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 1:48 p.m.
                                               Re: The worst example is FloodgateThe More Deluded 1/26/08 5:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 5:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/26/08 6:01 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 6:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/26/08 6:08 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 6:10 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/26/08 7:52 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 7:54 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/26/08 8:03 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 8:05 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/26/08 8:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 8:37 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: The worst example is FloodgateGravemind 1/26/08 9:54 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateSPARTAN-034 1/27/08 10:43 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:30 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 9:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 10:17 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/27/08 4:55 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgatescarab 1/27/08 6:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/27/08 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/27/08 9:17 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/27/08 9:25 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 9:34 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 10:22 p.m.
                                                                                                           Flood nature.Narcogen 1/26/08 10:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Flood nature.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 8:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Flood nature.Louis Wu 1/27/08 8:59 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Zoology has destroyed my brainJillybean 1/27/08 10:48 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Flood nature.elpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:08 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Flood nature.Narcogen 1/27/08 11:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Flood nature.Gravemind 1/28/08 2:22 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Flood nature.Narcogen 1/28/08 8:02 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: Flood nature.elpolloguapo 1/28/08 3:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Flood nature.Narcogen 1/28/08 8:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Flood nature.elpolloguapo 1/28/08 9:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Flood nature.Narcogen 1/28/08 11:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Flood nature.elpolloguapo 1/29/08 6:39 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Flood nature.bedlam 1/29/08 11:04 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Flood nature.Narcogen 1/30/08 2:57 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Flood nature.elpolloguapo 1/28/08 3:18 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 9:31 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 10:24 p.m.
                                                                                               Flood Telepathy - Biological Robots?SPARTAN-034 1/27/08 11:24 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Flood Telepathy - Biological Robots?elpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:28 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Flood Telepathy - Biological Robots?Narcogen 1/27/08 11:37 p.m.
                                                                                   I wish I'd seen this earlierscarab 1/27/08 10:24 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I wish I'd seen this earlierelpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:13 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I wish I'd seen this earlierscarab 1/27/08 12:45 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I wish I'd seen this earlierelpolloguapo 1/27/08 1:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 8:51 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 10:25 p.m.
                                                                       That is a good questionscarab 1/27/08 10:42 a.m.
                                                                             Re: That is a good questionelpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:24 a.m.
                                                                             Re: That is a good questionNarcogen 1/27/08 11:41 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/27/08 11:39 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/28/08 3:31 p.m.
                       Re: The worst example is FloodgateGravemind 1/26/08 2:23 a.m.
                       Re: The worst example is FloodgateBlueNinja 1/26/08 4:34 a.m.
                 Re: The worst example is Floodgatescarab 1/26/08 5:21 a.m.
                       Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/26/08 3:19 p.m.
                             Re: The worst example is FloodgateCharley117 1/26/08 3:27 p.m.
                                   Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 3:41 p.m.
                                         Re: The worst example is FloodgateCharley117 1/26/08 3:49 p.m.
                                               Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 3:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: The worst example is FloodgateCharley117 1/26/08 4:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 4:09 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateCharley117 1/26/08 4:18 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 4:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateCthulhu117 1/26/08 4:46 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 5:52 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The worst example is FloodgateCthulhu117 1/26/08 5:59 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 6:02 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: The worst example is FloodgateLouis Wu 1/26/08 6:03 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 6:06 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: The worst example is FloodgateLouis Wu 1/26/08 6:16 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 7:04 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: The worst example is Floodgatebedlam 1/30/08 12:04 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/30/08 7:05 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is FloodgateLouis Wu 1/30/08 7:35 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/30/08 10:10 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateDelicious Pie 1/30/08 10:19 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/30/08 11:05 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: The worst example is FloodgateGrimlock 1/30/08 1:41 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: The worst example is FloodgateLouis Wu 1/30/08 2:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/30/08 3:57 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: The worst example is FloodgateLouis Wu 1/30/08 4:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/30/08 4:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/31/08 5:44 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/31/08 6:33 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/31/08 10:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 2/1/08 8:46 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 2/1/08 8:55 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 2/1/08 9:09 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateCody Miller 1/30/08 12:30 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is Floodgatebedlam 1/30/08 4:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/30/08 4:47 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/31/08 5:46 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgatebedlam 2/1/08 1:24 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 9:58 p.m.
                                                     Yeah that... *NM*rhubarb 1/26/08 5:47 p.m.
                                               Re: The worst example is Floodgaterhubarb 1/26/08 5:45 p.m.
                                                     Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 5:53 p.m.
                                                     Re: The worst example is FloodgateGravemind 1/26/08 6:47 p.m.
                                                           Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 7:00 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateGravemind 1/26/08 7:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 7:58 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The worst example is FloodgateGravemind 1/26/08 8:56 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/26/08 10:28 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: The worst example is FloodgateDarkendes 1/27/08 4:11 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/27/08 8:32 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: The worst example is FloodgateLouis Wu 1/27/08 9:02 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is FloodgateGrimlock 1/27/08 9:38 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The worst example is FloodgateLouis Wu 1/27/08 10:31 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Exactly *NM*elpolloguapo 1/27/08 11:09 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/27/08 11:45 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/28/08 3:14 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The worst example is Floodgatebedlam 1/30/08 12:24 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: The worst example is Floodgateelpolloguapo 1/30/08 7:08 a.m.
                                   Re: The worst example is FloodgateNarcogen 1/26/08 9:50 p.m.
           Re: The worst example is- Half-Life spoilersreprobate 1/26/08 6:41 a.m.
           Re: The worst example is FloodgateThe More Deluded 1/26/08 8:13 a.m.
           Types of immersionCody Miller 1/26/08 2:02 p.m.
                 Re: Types of immersionCharley117 1/26/08 3:25 p.m.
                       Re: Types of immersionelpolloguapo 1/26/08 3:56 p.m.
                             Re: Types of immersionCharley117 1/26/08 4:06 p.m.
                                   Random comment...Charley117 1/26/08 4:07 p.m.
                                         Re: Random comment...elpolloguapo 1/26/08 4:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Random comment...Charley117 1/26/08 4:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: Random comment...elpolloguapo 1/26/08 4:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: Random comment...Charley117 1/26/08 4:51 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Random comment...elpolloguapo 1/26/08 5:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Random comment...Narcogen 1/26/08 10:21 p.m.
                                   Re: Types of immersionRagashingo 1/27/08 3:13 a.m.
                       Re: Types of immersionCody Miller 1/26/08 8:57 p.m.
     Re: Criticism of Bungie storytellingCody Miller 1/26/08 3:29 a.m.
     Holy amazement...stan 1/26/08 5:57 p.m.
           Re: Holy amazement...elpolloguapo 1/26/08 6:03 p.m.
                 Re: Holy amazement...Louis Wu 1/26/08 6:04 p.m.
                       Re: Holy amazement...elpolloguapo 1/26/08 6:07 p.m.
     Now, see...Cthulhu117 1/26/08 6:03 p.m.
           Re: Now, see...Greatest Journey 1/26/08 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: Now, see...elpolloguapo 1/26/08 7:58 p.m.
                       Re: Now, see...Greatest Journey 1/26/08 9:42 p.m.
                       Re: Now, see...Grimlock 1/27/08 9:39 a.m.
     Here's why: there Are *NO* Establishing ShotsEpyon MX 1/27/08 3:43 p.m.
           Re: Here's why: there Are *NO* Establishing Shotselpolloguapo 1/27/08 3:50 p.m.
                 Re: Here's why: there Are *NO* Establishing ShotsEpyon MX 1/27/08 5:12 p.m.
                       Re: Here's why: there Are *NO* Establishing Shotselpolloguapo 1/27/08 6:08 p.m.
                       Re: Here's why: there Are *NO* Establishing ShotsOmega 1/27/08 6:08 p.m.
                             Excellent workEpyon MX 1/27/08 6:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Excellent workOmega 1/27/08 11:37 p.m.
           Re: Here's why: there Are *NO* Establishing ShotsStephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/27/08 4:44 p.m.
                 What I get for a belligerent tone :pEpyon MX 1/27/08 5:21 p.m.
                       Re: What I get for a belligerent tone :pelpolloguapo 1/27/08 6:04 p.m.
                       Re: What I get for a belligerent tone :pStephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/27/08 9:22 p.m.
     Has anyone EVER had 63 posts in one thread?!?!pooberry (Max Power) 1/27/08 5:16 p.m.
     "Look at point of interest"Red_Breast 1/27/08 6:10 p.m.
           Re: "Look at point of interest"elpolloguapo 1/27/08 7:26 p.m.
                 Re: "Look at point of interest"Cthulhu117 1/27/08 7:36 p.m.
                       Re: "Look at point of interest"elpolloguapo 1/27/08 8:08 p.m.
                             Wow, this must be the biggest thread here.. *NM*J23 1/28/08 3:34 p.m.
     Discovering the Halo Story: the meta-meta-gameCiarán 1/29/08 11:23 a.m.
           Wow.BlueNinja 1/29/08 2:21 p.m.
           AKA the best partelpolloguapo 1/29/08 2:59 p.m.
           Re: Discovering the Halo Story: the meta-meta-gameGrimlock 1/30/08 8:47 a.m.
                 Re: Discovering the Halo Story: the meta-meta-gameelpolloguapo 1/30/08 10:12 a.m.
                       Re: Discovering the Halo Story: the meta-meta-gameGrimlock 1/30/08 1:52 p.m.
                             Re: Discovering the Halo Story: the meta-meta-gameelpolloguapo 1/30/08 3:47 p.m.
                                   Re: Discovering the Halo Story: the meta-meta-gameInnerRayg 1/30/08 4:48 p.m.
                                         Re: Discovering the Halo Story: the meta-meta-gameGrimlock 1/30/08 9:57 p.m.
           Well-written!Leviathan 1/30/08 2:53 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.