/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

So totally wrong . . .
Posted By: MakeMineRedDate: 6/18/02 1:02 p.m.

In Response To: LOL, U prove my point. Cletus. (Agent Cletus)

: ps, don't study science pre-1860. It's all bankrupt. Chinese, Greek, Arab,
: Roman, Jewish, Indian, Japanese, European. How could it not be? They
: believed in God. -- Self stands alone.

That's not what he said. He said that metaphysics cannot be examined by the scientific method.

: Very true and well put! They are guilty as charged. And they also prove my
: point. =P

Wrong. This refutes your point.

: Science stands in the hand of self, and is ultimately corrupt
: itself until it is recognized for what it is.

"... stands in the hand of self. . ." ? What kind of babbling is this? And show me how science is corrupt. Please.

: (Do you realize, by saying
: "They fail to understand that science informs us about what IS, not
: what OUGHT to be," you are in fact showing the bias you OUGHT to be
: proud of???)

You are the only one showing bias here.

: That's a big blanket statement to say that all creationists everywhere do not
: use the scientific method.

It sure is, and I'll repeat it. All creationists everywhere do not use the scientific method. I'll repeat it again for the slow-witted: All creationists everywhere do not use the scientific method.

: Maybe scientists should debate more often.

They do. All the time. Every paper, every presentation, every journal club, every meeting, every grant application, every fucking experiment is thought about, planned, agonized over, repeated, discussed, presented to others, compared to previous work, prioritized in terms of relevancy, compared to other labs, rewritten, and fucking thought about into the fucking ground. I want you to stop talking about things you don't know about until you start to listen and understand.

: Or
: better yet, they should read Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil.

Done. So what?

: Or they
: should play more 'thon! ("Blast the genetically engineered
: frogs!" -- "Oops")

Oops means what?

: Nevertheless, would you admit that you
: are a subjective man, biased in any way? I am. And so are you. It is human
: nature.

Everyone is. Duh. So fucking what?

: So then, how can you fill the Shoes of Objectivity you create for
: yourself if you know you can't fill them?

Read a little about the scientific method. Think about it for a long time. Work as a scientist for a bit. Then come back and we'll talk.

: Then again, maybe it's the scientific method that needs revision.

Not because of any argument you've made.

: Be subjective. Be the Tru7h. Create the creator.

Makes no sense. Sheesh, these attempts to out-Kirkpatrick Kirkpatrick get lamer every day.

MakeMineRed

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneSteve Levinson 6/17/02 5:14 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneYossarian 6/17/02 8:19 p.m.
           Great references - thanks *NM*Steve Levinson 6/17/02 10:06 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneAgent Cletus 6/18/02 9:56 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneBen A. Potter 6/18/02 12:09 p.m.
                 LOL, U prove my point. Cletus.Agent Cletus 6/18/02 12:34 p.m.
                       Re: LOL, U prove my point. Cletus.Steve Levinson 6/18/02 12:58 p.m.
                       So totally wrong . . .MakeMineRed 6/18/02 1:02 p.m.
                       again...Ben A. Potter 6/19/02 1:18 p.m.
                 I couldn't have said it better myselfSteve Levinson 6/18/02 12:40 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneMakeMineRed 6/18/02 12:39 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneYossarian 6/18/02 1:39 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/18/02 2:34 p.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneYossarian 6/18/02 4:06 p.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/18/02 7:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneYossarian 6/18/02 7:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneMazilurik 6/18/02 8:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneAgent Cletus 6/19/02 6:29 a.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneSteve Levinson 6/19/02 7:48 a.m.
                                         Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/19/02 11:59 a.m.
                                               Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneYossarian 6/19/02 1:58 p.m.
                                                     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/19/02 6:35 p.m.
                                                           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneSteve Levinson 6/19/02 7:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/20/02 9:15 a.m.
                                                           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneYossarian 6/19/02 8:08 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneInverted Sock Puppet 6/20/02 12:34 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneSteve Levinson 6/20/02 7:30 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/20/02 9:13 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneSteve Levinson 6/20/02 9:35 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/20/02 9:22 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneInverted Sock Puppet 6/21/02 12:56 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneTru7h 6/21/02 7:14 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneInverted Sock Puppet 6/22/02 1:50 a.m.
                                                                                         Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/22/02 9:23 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Ouch!:: Beer Can :: 6/22/02 12:45 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Ouch!Tru7h 6/22/02 1:59 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Ouch!:: Beer Can :: 6/22/02 5:36 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Ouch!Inverted Sock Puppet 6/22/02 7:40 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Ouch!Mazilurik 6/22/02 9:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/22/02 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Ouch!Tru7h 6/23/02 7:18 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/23/02 8:26 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Ouch!Inverted Sock Puppet 6/24/02 12:37 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: Ouch!:: Beer Can :: 6/24/02 1:22 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               8^D *NM*Steve Levinson 6/24/02 7:38 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               LOL *NM*Tru7h 6/25/02 7:35 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/24/02 8:01 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Ouch!Inverted Sock Puppet 6/25/02 12:52 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Ouch!Tru7h 6/25/02 7:48 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/25/02 8:56 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Ouch!Inverted Sock Puppet 6/26/02 1:16 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Ouch!:: Beer Can :: 6/26/02 2:00 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/26/02 8:20 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Ouch!:: Beer Can :: 6/26/02 11:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Ouch!Inverted Sock Puppet 6/27/02 12:39 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/27/02 7:51 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: Ouch!Inverted Sock Puppet 6/28/02 5:54 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: Ouch!Steve Levinson 6/28/02 7:32 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: Ouch!Inverted Sock Puppet 6/30/02 5:11 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneC Lund 6/18/02 2:54 p.m.
           Perceptions of ScienceSteve Levinson 6/18/02 3:13 p.m.
                 My badAgent Cletus 6/18/02 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: My badSteve Levinson 6/18/02 3:59 p.m.
                             Re: My badAgent Cletus 6/18/02 5:13 p.m.
                                   Re: My badMazilurik 6/18/02 6:47 p.m.
                                   Re: My badTru7h 6/18/02 7:16 p.m.
                                         Re: My badYossarian 6/18/02 7:32 p.m.
                                               Re: My badInverted Sock Puppet 6/19/02 12:50 a.m.
                                               Re: My badSteve Levinson 6/19/02 7:50 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneSteve Levinson 6/29/02 8:04 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneInverted Sock Puppet 6/30/02 4:35 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Science Stands AloneSteve Levinson 6/30/02 2:58 p.m.
                       *Slight spoiler*Inverted Sock Puppet 6/30/02 4:48 p.m.
                             Re: *Slight spoiler*Steve Levinson 6/30/02 6:24 p.m.
                                   Re: *Slight spoiler*Inverted Sock Puppet 6/30/02 7:40 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.