glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. Expansion.
Posted By: Silent Knight <irish_bloke@hotmail.com>Date: 10/23/09 6:06 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Brutes in ODST (chris101b)

: Simply put he is saying that he did not like ODST because Bungie/Microsoft
: were money hungry and knew that even a half a**ed Halo game would make big
: money. SO they made a "crappy" script in which they failed to
: notice some major loopholes in the story and put out a game that was
: undeserving of 60 bucks.

: I do not agree with this opinion. He said before that everyone is motivated
: by money. Yes, that is definitely true, but that was not the driving force
: behind the game. Bungie didn't say, "Hey, you know what we could use?
: MOAR MONEYZ!!! Lets make a game in a year so we can GETZ
: PAID!!!11!!1one!!"

: Bungie's motivation is pleasing the the fans. And after playing ODST I was
: pleased. I mean they made the game in a year, you shouldn't expect too
: much.

Sorry, guys, I was ranting. My main point was the weakness of the script. Just from a dialogue perspective, it doesn't hold up in my eyes. Some of the more blatant continuity errors are annoying, but not exactly game breaking. I really enjoyed the game, but parts were hard to listen to.

Personally, I would have preferred a higher rating on the game. Here in Oz, that would mean R 18+. From what I understand of the US system, the game got an M, without age restriction (Some titles get M, others get M 17+, right?)

If I thought Bungie had decided "Let's make more money and express it with supremely poor internet grammar!" Then, I wouldn't be supporting them anymore. It would be kind of ludicrous to accuse a game developer of developing games.

It's also very odd how highly some people regard them. On this forum, we discuss the finer points of minor crap found in the game. It's fun to read into it and try to uncover a hidden story. The problem is, a lot of people can't distinguish between when we uncover a story, and when we create a story to gel it all together. Sometimes, in the latter, we just find a way to excuse someone's mistakes and make them look smarter. Like when someone sinks four balls in pool with one shot. They can always play it cool and act like "Yeah, I meant that to happen."

And guys, you keep bringing up the price tag. I explicitly said earlier that I got it for a very reasonable price, so the tag isn't something I'm worried about. I'm talking about volume of sales. If you put a $10 tag on the game and sell $2.5 million, then you're going to end up with a lot of bank. It just feels like we got the G-rated ODSTs so that it didn't get a AO or R18+ restriction.

I apologise for not being clearer. I hope this lays my views out. Script: piss poor. Maturity level felt like a Disney cartoon, but even those have intelligent jokes in there. Overall enjoyment while playing: fantastic! Up the stealth factor and you have perfect gameplay. (I may be exaggerating, but you get my drift.

Message Index

Replies:

Brutes in ODSTArchilen 10/22/09 9:21 a.m.
     Re: Brutes in ODSTVociferous 10/22/09 10:25 a.m.
           Re: Brutes in ODSTRyanTheHeretic 10/22/09 10:46 a.m.
           Re: Brutes in ODSTArchilen 10/22/09 10:50 a.m.
           Re: Brutes in ODSTAvateur 10/22/09 3:06 p.m.
                 Re: Brutes in ODSTSonofMacPhisto 10/22/09 3:23 p.m.
                       Re: Brutes in ODSTArchilen 10/23/09 1:32 a.m.
                             Re: Brutes in ODSTArchilen 10/23/09 1:45 a.m.
                             Re: Brutes in ODSTSilent Knight 10/23/09 10:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Brutes in ODSTStephen L. (SoundEffect) 10/23/09 10:49 a.m.
                       Re: Brutes in ODSTmendicantbias00 10/23/09 11:44 a.m.
                 Re: Brutes in ODSTGeneral Vagueness 10/22/09 4:03 p.m.
                       Re: Brutes in ODSTAvateur 10/22/09 9:46 p.m.
                 Re: Brutes in ODSTInnerRayg 10/22/09 10:32 p.m.
                       Re: Brutes in ODSTRagashingo 10/22/09 10:36 p.m.
                       Re: Brutes in ODSTSilent Knight 10/23/09 12:10 a.m.
           Re: Brutes in ODSTSilent Knight 10/22/09 10:27 p.m.
                 Re: Brutes in ODSTscarab 10/22/09 11:00 p.m.
                       Re: Brutes in ODSTRagashingo 10/22/09 11:43 p.m.
                             Re: Brutes in ODSTHikaru-119 10/22/09 11:47 p.m.
                                   Re: Brutes in ODSTchris101b 10/23/09 12:01 a.m.
                                         Re: Brutes in ODSTSilent Knight 10/23/09 12:21 a.m.
                                               Re: Brutes in ODSTrepivemag 10/23/09 12:52 a.m.
                                                     Re: Brutes in ODSTchris101b 10/23/09 1:00 a.m.
                                               Re: Brutes in ODSTchris101b 10/23/09 3:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Brutes in ODSTSilent Knight 10/23/09 10:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Brutes in ODSTStephen L. (SoundEffect) 10/23/09 10:53 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Brutes in ODSTVincent 10/23/09 11:04 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Brutes in ODSTchris101b 10/23/09 12:53 p.m.
                                                                             Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. Expansion.Silent Knight 10/23/09 6:06 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionStephen L. (SoundEffect) 10/23/09 8:25 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionGeneral Vagueness 10/23/09 9:06 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/23/09 11:41 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionHedgemony 10/23/09 11:59 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. Expansionserpx 10/25/09 4:35 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. Expansionchris101b 10/24/09 1:02 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/24/09 2:26 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Clarification and spoilers.Hedgemony 10/24/09 4:56 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Clarification and spoilers.Silent Knight 10/24/09 6:31 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionGeneral Vagueness 10/24/09 11:14 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSonofMacPhisto 10/24/09 3:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/24/09 7:02 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSonofMacPhisto 10/24/09 10:44 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/25/09 3:27 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSonofMacPhisto 10/26/09 4:29 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionBry 10/24/09 10:01 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/24/09 7:20 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionGeneral Vagueness 10/24/09 8:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/25/09 3:38 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionGeneral Vagueness 10/25/09 11:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/25/09 5:27 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionGeneral Vagueness 10/24/09 11:20 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/24/09 7:15 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionGeneral Vagueness 10/24/09 8:27 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. Expansionreprobate 10/25/09 2:48 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/25/09 3:44 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionHedgemony 10/25/09 8:22 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Clarification. Slight Extrapolation. ExpansionSilent Knight 10/25/09 5:36 p.m.
                                                           Re: Brutes in ODSTiMonkey777 10/26/09 3:11 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Brutes in ODSTFyreWulff 10/26/09 3:13 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Brutes in ODSTAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 10/26/09 3:50 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Brutes in ODSTSilent Knight 10/26/09 4:45 p.m.
                             DOH!scarab 10/23/09 7:51 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.