| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

The seige of Rochester Castle

Posted By: taggat <mail@mail.com>
Date: 31 May 2001, 05:02

In Response To: A challenge to you all re: Phoenix! (Miguel)

I might be going out on a limb here but, it does have to do with trepeget and mangonel and the phrase "you may win the wall in spite both of trepeget and mangonel"

in 1215 King John was at war with some rebels He had left London and went to the southeast, trying to put together an army to fight the rebels.
the rebels wanted to take over London and one way they thought to stop King John from returning was to hold Rochester Castle. The King attacked the castle and to make sure the rebels didn't get any reinforcements they burnt down the Rochester bridge (Rochester bridge = Chester(male) bridge = Chelsea(Female) Bridge)
any way when the got to the castle they setup seige engines and had them fire at the castle for days the walls would not fall so in a last effort they dug a tunnel (shaft) under the walls filled it with dead pigs and set it on fire the fire burnt the wooded beams that held up the tunnel and the castle wall so
you see "you may win the (castle) wall in spite both of trepeget and mangonel"
I have an active imagination also elmo is holding "lip bomb" but I don't know what to make of that

taggat

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.