| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

What if...?

Posted By: Simon Marek <svmarek@mail.com>
Date: 28 May 2001, 08:09

In Response To: Rejected! (Joe Mahma)

What if Jonah was on the right track? If the far right symbol represents a Mayan number, this could correspond to Pathways Into Darkness. If we then assume that there are 8 circles and 7 Bungie titles, there is one left over - perhaps for another Bungie title. Perhaps for an as yet unannounced Bungie title. This seems unlikely but what else would be a goal that is 'ohh soo sweet'? There are a few hyperlinks under the puzzle, the Bungie titles are covered there. But there is one question mark with no link - signifying an announced game to be linked to? Maybe there is another reason for the question mark - I'm a new-comer to borg.

This would be backed up if the far right part of the puzzle ended up cancelling to '1', as this would be '1' in the Bungie series of games. Mayan 74 = 37X2. 37 cancelled down equals 1, but this seems a bit obscure. Also the numbers around the edges are still unexplained. But suppose each part of the puzzle represented the number 1 through 8, individually, and each number was presented in a way that reflected the game it corresponded to (for example, '2' would be Marathon 1). Another argument against my theory is that Chelsea Bridge claims that the answer is rooted deeply in Marathon. A new Bungie title doesn't sound like something rooted deeply in Marathon. Also, now (just after E3) would be a strange time to announce a new game. Perhaps some of this theory is on the right track though.

Keep it up everyone!

Jonah said:
The number is probably of significance, but I know something else that is: The mayan number is right over
pathways. Didn't that happen in a mayan temple? Well, not really, but you know. It has something to do
with pathways for sure.

Now, from there we can assume that the other number formats have something to do with other bungie
games.

The third symbol from the right looks like a pfhor symbol. I'm just guessing, of course.

There are seven symbols too. Pathways, Marathon, myth, oni, halo, and pheonix. One extra symbol.

Theres a lot of holes here, but its somewhere to start from.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.