| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Ice...eyes?

Posted By: Mav <web_tester226@yahoo.com>
Date: 28 May 2001, 04:54

In Response To: A challenge to you all re: Phoenix! (Miguel)

Hey guys,

New guy here. But being a general Bungie fan since Myth, having loved Rubicon, being a long-time visitor of the Story page, and a semi-forum addict as of late who always loves puzzles but can't solve them for beans, I just had to sign on and put down a few of my thoughts.

Oh, and advance warning: I'm probably WAY off on the following guess ; ).

For some reason at least some of the dials strike me as a letter-related puzzle of some kind. The first dial seems to say "ice" to me.

Rationale: I took the "I" from within Dial #1 (I know, replace "dial" with "door" and, well, you know the rest : P), and the symbol within it looks like a "C" of some sort. The "C" shape seems to "point" to the number 50 on that dial, and 50 = 5+0= 5 corresponding with "e" as the fifth letter of the alphabet. That seems to make "ice" as you go from the inside out on Dial #1.

Dials 2 and 3 together seem to form "eyes."

Rationale: The central puzzle has a "32" within it, and a mostly shaded bar underneath. The bar is a bit small to get an accurate read, but it looks maybe about 3/4 full. Or maybe even 25/32 full, which is one of the numbers on Dial 2. If we leave 25 be, it corresponds to the letter "y" in the alphabet as the 25th letter. Dial 3 contains within it "ESE." Combine that with the "Y" from Dial 2, and rearrange the letter, and you get "eyes."

Yep, it's completely wild guessing on my part, and I'm very likely not even close. That and this is only scratching the very surface of this deep and inexplicable mystery : P. But hey, there's only so much I can think of in about 10 or so minutes! And heck, maybe "Chelsea Bridge" can cryptically tell me where those two guesses stand for the time being.

Of course, other feedback is appreciated too. : )

--Mav
Amateur Puzzle Solver

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.