| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

probe to the core

Posted By: Tenebrae <heaven-sent@the-ripe.co.uk>
Date: 30 May 2001, 05:03

In Response To: Can you say HALO? (Dorram)

I have just come across this today but I have read all the existing posts so I hope I wont be repeating anything.

So far our assumptions are that the symbols inside each circle relate to a number. The far left number is 74, and I think that this is pretty definite. The others are up for grabs, but 32 x 7/10 has been posted as a posibility for the second dial. Personally I think that the first dial represents 100 as a number inside a C represents a centruy, hence that would be the first century, which ended in the year 100. Of course there could be a wide range numbers associated with the first century as a date, but I am going with 100.

A mysterious post also appeared indicating that this was not just a numerical puzzle, but there is clearly a numerical element. This leads me to believe that changing numbers into letters to reveal the code/URl/whatever will be required.

Now to the key point of this post. I think that the numbers at the edge of each circle are used to make up the number in the middle. Not all of them though, and the ones that are used will then be used to decode the letters. So far I have been working with 74 and 100 (the last and first dials) as my examples.

the first dial: 100 = 20 + 24 + 37 + 19
The last dial: 74 = (97 + 18 + 19) - (24 + 36)

So if these are the number to be changed into letter what could they be? A simble 1 = A with looped numbers greater than 26 gives us TXKS for the first circle and SSRXJ for the last, not that helpful but the code is most likely wrong for the transfer. Anyone got any ideas? I am going to the other forums to see what anyone else has come up with.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.