Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I've got the answers...
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 8/15/12 6:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I've got the answers... (NotTheVacuum)

: I could have been more clear; I wasn't talking about recharge time (I was
: unaware that it took 15 seconds to regenerate health in Halo 3, as I never
: thought about how much health I had). I meant that the amount of health
: you have (and directly, the amount of damage you can take unshielded) is
: very, very small by comparison to shield strength.

Again, that wasn't quite true in Halo 3, and it definitely wasn't true in any of the other games except Halo 2.

: First of all, sure I can. Health is a relatively very small amount, even when
: full. If you have no shields, you're very nearly dead. Doesn't matter if
: you know that you can absorb two or three AR rounds vs 10, if a single
: pistol round can end you (and everybody starts with either a pistol or a
: BR anyway). Secondly, what you say does not logically follow. Just because
: it's invisible doesn't mean you don't have a working understanding of it.
: That's your assertion, but you haven't proven it.

You just said you didn't know health in Halo 3 took that long to regenerate and you've only experienced vehicle health regeneration in Banshees. It's not a "yes or no" provable thing but you showed right in your post that that lack of information works against the player understanding how the health mechanic works.

: Eh, I disagree, but I don't feel very strongly about it. In general, I'm not
: upset by the presence or lack of a health meter anyway. I just happen to
: see good reason why it could be left out entirely and not affect the way
: you play.

I think the thing is it wouldn't affect the way you play, and you don't get why other people want to play differently. Personally I like to be aggressive in multiplayer most of the time, and I think we've all had those moments where an opponent barged in right when our shields finished recharging-- that's the kind of thing RC Master is talking about, deaths in that time window would seem inconsistent, that's why people investigated this in the first place.

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

Grenade IndicatorsAndz 8/13/12 10:21 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsiForge 8/13/12 10:44 a.m.
     In Pro mode there are no indicators *NM*RC Master 8/13/12 10:52 a.m.
           Make that "Hardcore Mode" lol *NM*iForge 8/13/12 11:06 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsNotTheVacuum 8/13/12 11:03 a.m.
           Why I'm madAndz 8/14/12 4:39 p.m.
                 Why you should calm downJooms 8/14/12 6:08 p.m.
                       Re: Why you should calm downuberfoop 8/14/12 7:58 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm madRC Master 8/14/12 8:02 p.m.
     I've got the answers...Bryan Newman 8/13/12 11:11 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...ZackDark 8/13/12 11:27 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 12:44 p.m.
                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 1:44 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 2:17 p.m.
                             Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 2:28 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Jooms 8/13/12 2:50 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:31 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Gravemind 8/13/12 6:36 p.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 8:46 a.m.
                                               Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 9:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 9:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/14/12 8:34 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/15/12 8:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/15/12 6:38 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I've got the answers...notthevacuum 8/15/12 8:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/15/12 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/16/12 1:29 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/16/12 10:30 a.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:19 p.m.
                             "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."thebruce0 8/15/12 8:56 a.m.
                                   Re: "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."Phoenix_9286 8/15/12 3:26 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:23 p.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...stabbim 8/14/12 6:52 p.m.
     Go nuts with it 343i.uberfoop 8/13/12 8:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.