Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Why you should calm down
Posted By: Jooms <jooms1060@gmail.com>Date: 8/14/12 6:08 p.m.

In Response To: Why I'm mad (Andz)

: I'm mad because it makes no sense what so ever either in game or in real life
: or in canon or in any world that a melee of force whatever would JUST pop
: a shield.

Here's a possibility. The shield is a "bubble" of energy. When the bubble becomes weak, it pops. When it pops it actually POPS like an explosion. This explosion pushes away anything around it with some force. Not a lot, but enough to stop a half-powered punch (half-powered because it just made it through the shields). That means that

:It totally makes melee pointless now as it doesn't matter who
: melee's first in a fight you're both equal. Idiots who you get the jump on
: manage to turn and get a melee off are now back on level footing? Please,
: it just caters to the spray charge and pray club.

"Spray and Pray" club if I might correct you, and "it doesn't matter who melee's first in a fight you're both equal" kinda makes sense to me. I'm sure we've all seen the "slow-mo double-knock out" in the movies, and that's what I imagine when a double beat down happens and both my enemy and I die. We're game characters and we don't have the ability to block, so we can only attack. It's like two archers shooting at each other without the ability to move. Even if one shoots first, it's possible for the other to get his shot off before he's hit. The only difference is these are super-powerful super-soldiers so it happens in milliseconds instead of seconds and it's their fists instead of arrows.

: I'm not "pro
: mlg" or "Omg bungie suxs" but there's using the AR, then
: there's madly using the AR as a geust and reach's melee falls into the
: later category and just removes all skill.

I've look into games quite well and what I learned was that the only thing that can "remove all skill" is pure chance. A noob-tube does not "remove all chance," neither does a long lunge distance, nor does a double-melee. It simply means that your strategies need to change. If you find your enemy repeatedly running up to you and beating you down, stay away from him. Find long corridors, larger maps, or learn to kill him before he gets to you.

In the end. The shield in halo behaves a lot like THE SHIELD IN HALO. I don't need an explanation for why the force works, I'll just accept that it exists when I look at the Star Wars universe. I plan to do the same for the Halo universe as well. I would like if they had an explanation to everything but sometimes the answer is just "that's how it works", and I'm okay with that.

Message Index

Replies:

Grenade IndicatorsAndz 8/13/12 10:21 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsiForge 8/13/12 10:44 a.m.
     In Pro mode there are no indicators *NM*RC Master 8/13/12 10:52 a.m.
           Make that "Hardcore Mode" lol *NM*iForge 8/13/12 11:06 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsNotTheVacuum 8/13/12 11:03 a.m.
           Why I'm madAndz 8/14/12 4:39 p.m.
                 Why you should calm downJooms 8/14/12 6:08 p.m.
                       Re: Why you should calm downuberfoop 8/14/12 7:58 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm madRC Master 8/14/12 8:02 p.m.
     I've got the answers...Bryan Newman 8/13/12 11:11 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...ZackDark 8/13/12 11:27 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 12:44 p.m.
                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 1:44 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 2:17 p.m.
                             Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 2:28 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Jooms 8/13/12 2:50 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:31 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Gravemind 8/13/12 6:36 p.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 8:46 a.m.
                                               Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 9:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 9:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/14/12 8:34 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/15/12 8:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/15/12 6:38 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I've got the answers...notthevacuum 8/15/12 8:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/15/12 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/16/12 1:29 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/16/12 10:30 a.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:19 p.m.
                             "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."thebruce0 8/15/12 8:56 a.m.
                                   Re: "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."Phoenix_9286 8/15/12 3:26 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:23 p.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...stabbim 8/14/12 6:52 p.m.
     Go nuts with it 343i.uberfoop 8/13/12 8:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.