Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I've got the answers...
Posted By: NotTheVacuum <j.dyson@mac.com>Date: 8/15/12 8:44 a.m.

In Response To: Re: I've got the answers... (RC Master)

: What is a 'relatively short scale'?

I could have been more clear; I wasn't talking about recharge time (I was unaware that it took 15 seconds to regenerate health in Halo 3, as I never thought about how much health I had). I meant that the amount of health you have (and directly, the amount of damage you can take unshielded) is very, very small by comparison to shield strength. Consider that your shields are still in place after 3 burts of BR fire land true. The fourth not only takes out your shield, but kills you if it's on your head.

: LOL. Your own words refute your argument.

No, but perhaps you thought I was making a point that I wasn't. I wasn't attempting to counter-argue anything about vehicles there, but to indicate something that hadn't been made clear. I've only ever personally experienced Banshee health (seemingly) regenerating. I don't think it's fair, truthfully (cf. Banshee spawn camping). But that's a problem with Reach's vehicle health system, and a health bar would make that more obvious.

I don't think Reach or Halo 3 has this exactly right. Knowing what I know how, I would reduce the recharge time of Halo 3's health so that it recharged maybe 5 seconds after shields. I personally wouldn't benefit much from a health bar, but I wouldn't be offended or anything if there were one.

: Do you not see? You can't possibly support this invisible health system
: because that very system means you have no freakin' clue how it even
: works!

First of all, sure I can. Health is a relatively very small amount, even when full. If you have no shields, you're very nearly dead. Doesn't matter if you know that you can absorb two or three AR rounds vs 10, if a single pistol round can end you (and everybody starts with either a pistol or a BR anyway). Secondly, what you say does not logically follow. Just because it's invisible doesn't mean you don't have a working understanding of it. That's your assertion, but you haven't proven it.

: The vehicle appearance indication is clearly and blatantly insufficiently
: communicative. I said that during the Beta (2 years ago) and I still say
: it after extensive experience with the release game.

Eh, I disagree, but I don't feel very strongly about it. In general, I'm not upset by the presence or lack of a health meter anyway. I just happen to see good reason why it could be left out entirely and not affect the way you play.

Message Index

Replies:

Grenade IndicatorsAndz 8/13/12 10:21 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsiForge 8/13/12 10:44 a.m.
     In Pro mode there are no indicators *NM*RC Master 8/13/12 10:52 a.m.
           Make that "Hardcore Mode" lol *NM*iForge 8/13/12 11:06 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsNotTheVacuum 8/13/12 11:03 a.m.
           Why I'm madAndz 8/14/12 4:39 p.m.
                 Why you should calm downJooms 8/14/12 6:08 p.m.
                       Re: Why you should calm downuberfoop 8/14/12 7:58 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm madRC Master 8/14/12 8:02 p.m.
     I've got the answers...Bryan Newman 8/13/12 11:11 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...ZackDark 8/13/12 11:27 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 12:44 p.m.
                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 1:44 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 2:17 p.m.
                             Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 2:28 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Jooms 8/13/12 2:50 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:31 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Gravemind 8/13/12 6:36 p.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 8:46 a.m.
                                               Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 9:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 9:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/14/12 8:34 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/15/12 8:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/15/12 6:38 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I've got the answers...notthevacuum 8/15/12 8:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/15/12 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/16/12 1:29 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/16/12 10:30 a.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:19 p.m.
                             "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."thebruce0 8/15/12 8:56 a.m.
                                   Re: "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."Phoenix_9286 8/15/12 3:26 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:23 p.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...stabbim 8/14/12 6:52 p.m.
     Go nuts with it 343i.uberfoop 8/13/12 8:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.