Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I've got the answers...
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 8/13/12 4:31 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I've got the answers... (NotTheVacuum)

: Halo: Check Your Brain at the Door? I'll pass.

: I would say that Halo 3's shield is just as predictable and consistent (in
: that it always behaves the same way) but perhaps less obvious. Still, it
: gives you what you need to know. If you have a lot, you're fairly safe. If
: you have a little, not as safe. If you have none, you're a hairs breadth
: from respawn.

I'll get to this in a minute.

: As far as a shield meter goes, it's identical in function to
: Reach's. However, Reach (Vanilla) just happened to have this peculiar,
: physics-defying "pop" mechanism that gave you a crutch. The only
: valid argument I've seen is that it saves your rear-end more often, and
: I'm saying that's not a good thing.

I think you two are arguing past each other-- your issue is how melees and shields interact, and his is how the player interacts with shields and health.

: An observant player will learn that a little bit of shield is false security.
: Certain weapons can still take you out instantly, most anything else
: pretty rapidly. If you have no shield at all, then it's time to either go
: down swinging or get out of there because you're one-shot. I don't think
: it needs to change your play style much whether there's a specific health
: meter.

That's not quite true, there's underlying health that regenerates independently of shields (several people looked into it and did tests, and some of the information they came up with was confirmed by Bungie). In Halo 2 it was hardly any so the shields were a better indicator, but in Halo 3 it was increased, which makes stuff a little more survivable, but unless you know how it works, you're paying complete attention, and you have a good mental clock, you don't know just what condition you're in overall unless you've just spawned (or it's been a noticeably long while since your shields came back).

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

Grenade IndicatorsAndz 8/13/12 10:21 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsiForge 8/13/12 10:44 a.m.
     In Pro mode there are no indicators *NM*RC Master 8/13/12 10:52 a.m.
           Make that "Hardcore Mode" lol *NM*iForge 8/13/12 11:06 a.m.
     Re: Grenade IndicatorsNotTheVacuum 8/13/12 11:03 a.m.
           Why I'm madAndz 8/14/12 4:39 p.m.
                 Why you should calm downJooms 8/14/12 6:08 p.m.
                       Re: Why you should calm downuberfoop 8/14/12 7:58 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm madRC Master 8/14/12 8:02 p.m.
     I've got the answers...Bryan Newman 8/13/12 11:11 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...ZackDark 8/13/12 11:27 a.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 12:44 p.m.
                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 1:44 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...Phoenix_9286 8/13/12 2:17 p.m.
                             Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/13/12 2:28 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Jooms 8/13/12 2:50 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:31 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got the answers...Gravemind 8/13/12 6:36 p.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 8:46 a.m.
                                               Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 9:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/14/12 9:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...uberfoop 8/14/12 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/14/12 8:34 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/15/12 8:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/15/12 6:38 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I've got the answers...notthevacuum 8/15/12 8:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...RC Master 8/15/12 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/16/12 1:29 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I've got the answers...NotTheVacuum 8/16/12 10:30 a.m.
                                         Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/14/12 1:19 p.m.
                             "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."thebruce0 8/15/12 8:56 a.m.
                                   Re: "It's a game, it doesn't have to make sense."Phoenix_9286 8/15/12 3:26 p.m.
                       Re: I've got the answers...General Vagueness 8/13/12 4:23 p.m.
           Re: I've got the answers...stabbim 8/14/12 6:52 p.m.
     Go nuts with it 343i.uberfoop 8/13/12 8:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.