Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Thoughts
Posted By: Stryfe Bringer <dvdmcculley@gmail.com>Date: 7/3/12 11:10 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Thoughts (Dragonclaws)

: I have a script. The "lucky me" line was inserted on a whim to
: break it up and perhaps point out the way the line references his luck to
: those who didn't get that.

Oh I got that. But as I said, such things made the flow a bit choppey in places.

: The characterization is so bland that I had to focus on that one exchange for
: insight into their characters. When putting this together, I considered if
: i was nitpicking for focusing on such a simple comment, but there wasn't
: much else to go on at all.

Perhaps if you find that there is so little to work with in any single book, you could just bundle it all together in an overarching analysis of several books at the same time to give you more to go on. You seemed to almost do so with FS and Onyx anyway.

: The Spartans being presented as inhuman is an ongoing theme throughout the
: series that is unrelated. It is possible to have aliens with good
: characters--Yayap for example--that you would never call human.
: Technically, I would call the Spartan-IIs posthuman, a label I would also
: put on Cortana.

I personally disagree with this. Since so many of the books (especially the later ones) focus on the inner thoughts of John-117, other Spartan IIs, and SpartanIIIs, I'd say they're presented as pretty human within the series. They're just viewed as inhuman by the rest of the world due to they're abilities, and this stigma fuels the tension they have with the ODSTs and regular parts of the military.

Message Index

Replies:

Feminist Analysis of TFoRDragonclaws 7/1/12 9:41 p.m.
     Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRGrizzlei 7/1/12 10:18 p.m.
           Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRDragonclaws 7/1/12 11:05 p.m.
           Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/3/12 9:43 p.m.
                 Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRserpx 7/3/12 10:21 p.m.
     Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRTDSpiral 7/1/12 11:17 p.m.
           Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRArchitechnid 7/2/12 1:02 a.m.
                 Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRDragonclaws 7/2/12 1:44 a.m.
                       Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoR *long*Architechnid 7/2/12 1:25 p.m.
                             Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRArchitechnid 7/2/12 1:35 p.m.
                             Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRDragonclaws 7/2/12 2:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRArchitechnid 7/2/12 6:53 p.m.
           Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRTDSpiral 7/2/12 1:14 a.m.
           Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRpadraig08 7/2/12 1:53 a.m.
                 Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRTDSpiral 7/2/12 9:02 a.m.
     Purple and pink are long time Bungie game colorsFlynn J Taggart 7/2/12 2:18 a.m.
           Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloDragonclaws 7/2/12 2:42 a.m.
                 Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Battuta 7/2/12 10:14 a.m.
                       Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloLouis Wu 7/2/12 11:09 a.m.
                             Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Battuta 7/2/12 12:23 p.m.
                                   Ah. *NM*Louis Wu 7/2/12 12:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloFlynn J Taggart 7/2/12 1:51 p.m.
                                         Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Battuta 7/2/12 2:00 p.m.
                                               Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 7/3/12 2:56 p.m.
                                                     Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloSonofMacPhisto 7/4/12 1:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloCody Miller 7/2/12 2:56 p.m.
                                         Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloDragonclaws 7/2/12 3:44 p.m.
                                               Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloCody Miller 7/2/12 4:50 p.m.
                                                     Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Battuta 7/3/12 6:55 a.m.
                                                           Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloCody Miller 7/3/12 12:10 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Battuta 7/3/12 12:17 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloCody Miller 7/3/12 12:31 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Battuta 7/3/12 12:58 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloCody Miller 7/3/12 1:07 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Intent and dead authorsArchitechnid 7/3/12 2:00 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloDragonclaws 7/3/12 2:11 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game colothebruce0 7/4/12 9:49 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloLeisandir 7/4/12 10:48 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game colothebruce0 7/4/12 12:08 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Vagueness 7/4/12 8:19 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game colothebruce0 7/5/12 8:27 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloArchitechnid 7/5/12 10:35 a.m.
                                         Re: Purple and pink are long time Bungie game coloGeneral Vagueness 7/4/12 6:28 p.m.
     Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRGeneral Vagueness 7/2/12 1:35 p.m.
           Re: Feminist Analysis of TFoRDragonclaws 7/2/12 2:12 p.m.
     ThoughtsStryfe Bringer 7/3/12 1:44 a.m.
           Re: ThoughtsDragonclaws 7/3/12 2:24 a.m.
                 Re: ThoughtsStryfe Bringer 7/3/12 11:10 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.