Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: This is the epitome of nitpicking.
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 1/10/13 12:53 p.m.

In Response To: This is the epitome of nitpicking. (zoojoo)

: This post has slightly irked me because it just seems like bitching to me. I
: understand that you are trying to in the long run make a better game, but
: you just tried to find anything and everything that was wrong with the
: game.

That's absolutely not what I was trying to do. All of those were things that popped into my head as I was playing or between playing. I'll admit it took me some time to remember a lot of them; if I'd taken notes like I thought about, it might sound better, but then again it might sound more upset. Like I said, some things are hard to put into question form, especially if I'm OK with them or actually like them. My original idea was a sort of bullet-point review but I realized I had a lot more questions than statements so I just made everything a question.
some things that were left out:
- the DMR sounds good
- the pistol sounds kind of like an energy weapon, especially with how the energy weapons sound now
- the plasma pistol just sounds weird and the Storm rifle has this weak and weird "chuck-chug-chuck-chug-chucka" sound
- Why does the Mammoth have wheels and not treads? It has six of them, but I've seen stuff a lot lighter that had ten or more. The tank and the Elephant have treads and they're a lot lighter. Is this remotely realistic?
- the Lich is interesting... it's kind of awfully familiar, but still interesting
- I like the needler being back to how it was... most of the time... I don't like it as much when I get killed by it, in multiplayer or especially in campaign or Spops... maybe they should've had a supercombine be 8 needles, or increased it a little for received damage in campaign and Spops, IDK
- more needler and more sound stuff: the reticle is kind of interesting, and I don't care for its new sound
- Can an Elephant fit inside a Mammoth? It looks like it could fit in that space but not get in or out.
- more sound: the incineration cannon doesn't sound like someone going "bwoosh" any more, so that's good
Also, does anyone else think Lasky looks kind of like Russel Crowe?

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/9/13 9:24 p.m.
     This is the epitome of nitpicking.zoojoo 1/9/13 9:57 p.m.
           It's like you've never met GV before =P *NM*Lurono 1/9/13 11:52 p.m.
           Agreed.Ragashingo 1/9/13 11:59 p.m.
           Honestly...SonGoharotto 1/10/13 12:09 a.m.
           Re: This is the epitome of nitpicking.General Vagueness 1/10/13 12:53 p.m.
                 ITS OK.....zoojoo 1/10/13 2:00 p.m.
     Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4Avateur 1/9/13 10:12 p.m.
           Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/10/13 2:08 p.m.
                 Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4uberfoop 1/10/13 4:06 p.m.
                       Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/11/13 7:20 p.m.
                             Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4uberfoop 1/11/13 7:35 p.m.
     Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4uberfoop 1/9/13 10:32 p.m.
           Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/11/13 12:07 a.m.
                 Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4uberfoop 1/11/13 1:40 a.m.
                       Oops.uberfoop 1/11/13 1:42 a.m.
                       Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/11/13 11:18 p.m.
                             Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/11/13 11:34 p.m.
     Selected Sarcastic ResponsesRC Master 1/10/13 11:34 a.m.
           Re: Selected Sarcastic ResponsesGeneral Vagueness 1/11/13 5:56 p.m.
                 Re: Selected Sarcastic ResponsesRC Master 1/12/13 9:03 a.m.
                       Re: Selected Sarcastic ResponsesGeneral Vagueness 1/12/13 12:11 p.m.
     Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4scarab 1/10/13 12:35 p.m.
           Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/11/13 6:21 p.m.
                 Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4uberfoop 1/11/13 6:44 p.m.
                 Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4scarab 1/12/13 3:41 a.m.
     Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4Quirel 1/10/13 7:55 p.m.
           Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4snakegriffin 1/10/13 9:48 p.m.
                 Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4thebruce0 1/11/13 9:11 a.m.
           Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/11/13 7:50 p.m.
                 Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4Quirel 1/12/13 8:09 p.m.
                       Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/12/13 8:19 p.m.
                             Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4Quirel 1/13/13 6:31 p.m.
                                   Re: Questions: a (sort of) review of Halo 4General Vagueness 1/13/13 7:08 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.