Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Geez... why the negative spin?
Posted By: PCDestroyerDate: 4/18/02 9:57 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Geez... why the negative spin? (ferrex)

Sorry Rex... didn't mean it as a personal attack...

I know yer a Mac User through and through... but I was just stating the obvious... which is that any company that is attacked needs to be defended by someone non affiliated.

I know that I can scream and rant all I want about how Macs are better than PCs, and blah blah blah... but you think any self respecting PC lover is going to believe my biased opinion (whether it is or not)? No... but when you hear about some PC lover switching to the Mac or something... it hits those other PC people a lil bit and makes them consider.
Hell, if something cool comes out from Microsoft or for the PC... I take a look at it at least... especially if one of my Mac using friends picks up a copy or goes and buys a Dell or something...

Honestly, I have the utmost respect for Bungie and for you Rex... it was just an opinion posted on behalf of the community of doubters... to hopefully provide a middle road.

As to my views on the release of Mac/PC halo... that's just my opinion... and it is shared by quite a few people on the boards. We are in fact very EAGER to be proved wrong... but we just don't think it's going to happen under the flag of Microsoft.
They are a company based on marketing strategy as the number one goal of earning a buck... not customer friendliness on the whole.
If they were smart they'd have a Halo 2 or Halo 1.5 coming out soon... because there are just so many people out there not giving Microsoft their goal with the XBox... "Lose money now, make money back on games" (that was a quote taken from Money magazine and given by the lead project manager for XBox at Microsoft). My friends and I (as well as many Halo fanatics) bought an XBox and a copy of Halo... which does make some money back on games for Microsoft since they sold over a million copies... but not really what they had in mind if everyone buys the XBox and just one game with it.

As I stated before... I have other games, but people in my family got them for me as gifts... they collect dust and look pretty if they have a good design as they sit on my shelves... heh.

I'm just being honest... and didn't want to blast anyone personally... nor get blasted back myself.

It is, after all, a matter of opinion... and I am entirely entitled to have one.

PCD

PS- I've known ya since Myth Rex... and really didn't mean to step on you personally... just the "idea" that someone on the inside can't really change the minds of those who think the company/group yer inside is being evil or is the problem... remember... not you personally, but the company as a whole.
Ya know.... I have a feeling this is still going to be taken the wrong way, but in all honesty it is an apology without reversing my original opinion/position. If that makes any sense at all... sorry...

Message Index

Replies:

Big News!! - DirectX for Macintosh!Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 11:19 a.m.
     Yeah... KindaMr. Zarquon 4/17/02 11:56 a.m.
           Geez... why the negative spin?ferrex 4/17/02 1:03 p.m.
                 Because, I am.Mr. Zarquon 4/17/02 1:10 p.m.
                 Re: Geez... why the negative spin?Kanen Faud'r 4/17/02 1:26 p.m.
                 Re: Geez... why the negative spin?PCDestroyer 4/17/02 2:32 p.m.
                       Re: Geez... why the negative spin?Mark Levin 4/17/02 3:07 p.m.
                             Carmack...Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 3:22 p.m.
                                   Re: Carmack...ferrex 4/17/02 7:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Carmack...Mr. Zarquon 4/17/02 9:31 p.m.
                             Re: Geez... why the negative spin?PCDestroyer 4/17/02 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: Geez... why the negative spin?ferrex 4/17/02 7:02 p.m.
                             Re: Geez... why the negative spin?PCDestroyer 4/18/02 9:57 a.m.
                       Why PCDestroyer is a mental midget LONGGGGGGprotexts 4/18/02 4:46 a.m.
                             Re: Why PCDestroyer is a mental midget LONGGGGGGPCDestroyer 4/18/02 10:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Why PCDestroyer is offprotexts 4/18/02 2:11 p.m.
                                         Make a 1AC!123456789 4/19/02 11:47 a.m.
                             Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetkiro69 4/18/02 11:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Speak for yourself there, parnter...Lophan 4/18/02 12:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetprotexts 4/18/02 2:30 p.m.
                                         Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetPCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:37 p.m.
                                               The place where your whole argument falls down...Louis Wu 4/18/02 4:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: The place where your whole argument falls downPCDestroyer 4/18/02 5:04 p.m.
                                                           Ack.Louis Wu 4/18/02 5:16 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Ack.PCDestroyer 4/18/02 5:45 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Ack.protexts 4/18/02 9:34 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Ack.kiro69 4/19/02 10:36 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Ack.Louis Wu 4/19/02 10:54 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Ack.protexts 4/19/02 10:01 p.m.
                                                           As I said before, I agree.123456789 4/19/02 5:36 p.m.
                                               Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetprotexts 4/19/02 5:38 a.m.
                                   Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetPCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:26 p.m.
                       awesome reply, pcd *NM*kiro69 4/18/02 10:43 a.m.
                       Re: Quick note...Lophan 4/18/02 12:38 p.m.
                             Re: Quick note...PCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:40 p.m.
                                   Re: Quick note...Warbow 4/18/02 4:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Quick note...PCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:57 p.m.
                                               Re: Let's look at this a little closer...Lophan 4/19/02 12:24 a.m.
                                                     Re: Let's look at this a little closer...PCDestroyer 4/19/02 10:24 a.m.
                                                           Re: Let's look at this a little closer...vector40 4/19/02 9:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Then again, theoretically...Lophan 4/20/02 12:13 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Then again, theoretically...vector40 4/20/02 1:12 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Then again, theoretically...PCDestroyer 4/21/02 6:27 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Then again, theoretically...protexts 4/20/02 5:15 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Then again, theoretically...vector40 4/20/02 4:09 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Then again, theoretically...PCDestroyer 4/21/02 6:24 p.m.
                                                                             Implementation and Stealingprotexts 4/22/02 3:24 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implementation and StealingAida-kun 4/22/02 5:15 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implementation and StealingPCDestroyer 4/22/02 9:56 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implementation and Stealingprotexts 4/22/02 2:45 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implementation and StealingPCDestroyer 4/22/02 9:49 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implementation and Stealingprotexts 4/22/02 3:05 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Implementation and StealingPCDestroyer 4/22/02 8:34 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implementation and Stealingkiro69 4/23/02 10:35 a.m.
           I agree123456789 4/17/02 3:19 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.