Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Geez... why the negative spin?
Posted By: PCDestroyerDate: 4/17/02 2:32 p.m.

In Response To: Geez... why the negative spin? (ferrex)

Nuttin against ya Rex... but I think it's not really gonna carry much weight... your post that is.

I mean, when you hear something like that from people that work for the company you are speaking out against... it just makes you feel more and more like that company has altered the views of said people...
Especially people that used to be Mac fanatics and are now working for the company that most Mac fanatics see as "The Man." And no... not "hey, yer the man!" but instead... "the MAN is keepin me down..."

I'm not saying some of your views aren't correct... but it would be better received (by some) if it were said by someone non-affiliated.

I would say the same if this post had come from a diehard PC gamer... or someone who works for a PC Gaming Magazine (online or newsstand)...

I tend to believe that Microsoft is a company that is only out to make a buck, and only responds to customer feedback and supports those customers... when it means they will make a buck.

Bungie has supported it's community of gamers for many many many years without a thought towards a financial goal really... I mean, it is and it isn't... because in doing so you built a loyal fanbase... so much so that you could shite in a box and people would buy it... (but the real question is would Matt's shite be worth more than say a Marty shite..? lol)
But Microsoft does things like intentionally hold back things that are ready... or development to get something ready... if it means releasing it into a market primed to buy it at a later date.

This is the position I hold on Mac/PC Halo... because the Mac/PC version will NOT come out until Microsoft is satisfied with the sales of Halo on the XBox in Europe and the rest of the world. It doesn't even come out in Japan until May... so it will be at least August or September before they approach the MILLION mark for those markets (EUR and JPN). Halo sells XBoxes... because people that can't wait for it on Mac/PC have bought an XBox just to get to play it. If it were out for Mac/PC... it would not have reached the Million mark on the XBox as quickly... and not as many XBoxes would have been sold... guaranteed.
The proof for this? Name the other Million-copy sellers from Microsoft or any 3rd Party game developer... for the XBox. There aren't any... and which one is closest? Oddworld? I mean... come on.

It is a marketing strategy.

And if Bungie people say "That's not true, because we don't have Halo for Mac/PC ready... we haven't done this... and we haven't done that..." Well, maybe that is because you are busy working on getting the XBox side of things done and the Crimp was put on the Mac/PC side of things... so it won't hit until the right moment on the market.

I would not have bought an XBox if Halo were out for the Mac/PC. I own other XBox games only because they were given as gifts... and it sits in my House with Halo loaded in the tray... but most recently the XBox stays packed up for week and weekend battles of 16 players or more. I have beaten it on legendary and multi is all that is really left for me... and it is damn fun.

However, with a Mac/PC version... I'd be online playing it all the time... and wouldn't have to go anywhere to do so.

That's just the way it is... and it will always be so until Gates dies or something and someone takes over that has half a heart.

They don't throw creampies at rich people with morals...

PCD

PS-
All of the above is a matter of opinion... and when the Mac/PC version is finally released, we'll have to see how close I was to being correct on the date and circumstances.

Message Index

Replies:

Big News!! - DirectX for Macintosh!Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 11:19 a.m.
     Yeah... KindaMr. Zarquon 4/17/02 11:56 a.m.
           Geez... why the negative spin?ferrex 4/17/02 1:03 p.m.
                 Because, I am.Mr. Zarquon 4/17/02 1:10 p.m.
                 Re: Geez... why the negative spin?Kanen Faud'r 4/17/02 1:26 p.m.
                 Re: Geez... why the negative spin?PCDestroyer 4/17/02 2:32 p.m.
                       Re: Geez... why the negative spin?Mark Levin 4/17/02 3:07 p.m.
                             Carmack...Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 3:22 p.m.
                                   Re: Carmack...ferrex 4/17/02 7:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Carmack...Mr. Zarquon 4/17/02 9:31 p.m.
                             Re: Geez... why the negative spin?PCDestroyer 4/17/02 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: Geez... why the negative spin?ferrex 4/17/02 7:02 p.m.
                             Re: Geez... why the negative spin?PCDestroyer 4/18/02 9:57 a.m.
                       Why PCDestroyer is a mental midget LONGGGGGGprotexts 4/18/02 4:46 a.m.
                             Re: Why PCDestroyer is a mental midget LONGGGGGGPCDestroyer 4/18/02 10:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Why PCDestroyer is offprotexts 4/18/02 2:11 p.m.
                                         Make a 1AC!123456789 4/19/02 11:47 a.m.
                             Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetkiro69 4/18/02 11:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Speak for yourself there, parnter...Lophan 4/18/02 12:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetprotexts 4/18/02 2:30 p.m.
                                         Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetPCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:37 p.m.
                                               The place where your whole argument falls down...Louis Wu 4/18/02 4:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: The place where your whole argument falls downPCDestroyer 4/18/02 5:04 p.m.
                                                           Ack.Louis Wu 4/18/02 5:16 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Ack.PCDestroyer 4/18/02 5:45 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Ack.protexts 4/18/02 9:34 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Ack.kiro69 4/19/02 10:36 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Ack.Louis Wu 4/19/02 10:54 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Ack.protexts 4/19/02 10:01 p.m.
                                                           As I said before, I agree.123456789 4/19/02 5:36 p.m.
                                               Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetprotexts 4/19/02 5:38 a.m.
                                   Re: Why PCDestroyer is NOT a mental midgetPCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:26 p.m.
                       awesome reply, pcd *NM*kiro69 4/18/02 10:43 a.m.
                       Re: Quick note...Lophan 4/18/02 12:38 p.m.
                             Re: Quick note...PCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:40 p.m.
                                   Re: Quick note...Warbow 4/18/02 4:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Quick note...PCDestroyer 4/18/02 4:57 p.m.
                                               Re: Let's look at this a little closer...Lophan 4/19/02 12:24 a.m.
                                                     Re: Let's look at this a little closer...PCDestroyer 4/19/02 10:24 a.m.
                                                           Re: Let's look at this a little closer...vector40 4/19/02 9:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Then again, theoretically...Lophan 4/20/02 12:13 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Then again, theoretically...vector40 4/20/02 1:12 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Then again, theoretically...PCDestroyer 4/21/02 6:27 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Then again, theoretically...protexts 4/20/02 5:15 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Then again, theoretically...vector40 4/20/02 4:09 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Then again, theoretically...PCDestroyer 4/21/02 6:24 p.m.
                                                                             Implementation and Stealingprotexts 4/22/02 3:24 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implementation and StealingAida-kun 4/22/02 5:15 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implementation and StealingPCDestroyer 4/22/02 9:56 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implementation and Stealingprotexts 4/22/02 2:45 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implementation and StealingPCDestroyer 4/22/02 9:49 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Implementation and Stealingprotexts 4/22/02 3:05 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Implementation and StealingPCDestroyer 4/22/02 8:34 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Implementation and Stealingkiro69 4/23/02 10:35 a.m.
           I agree123456789 4/17/02 3:19 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.