/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...
Posted By: PhiltronDate: 6/14/12 5:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova... (listener)

@Perseus, true, saying "everything" refutes your argument was hyperbole on my part. Still, what I meant by it was that pretty much every action you perform in the game refutes the possibility of being dead.

: This topic hurt my brain, so all I have to say is that all I know is that the
: SO is dead at the end of infinity.

@listener, I'm not sure if you're joking or if you actually know. The SO isn't dead. The final screen implies that not only did both new-Durandal and the SO survive to the end of the universe, it also implies that the SO escapes the closing of the universe. And then there's this tidbit from the "You" section on m.b.org:

">>me: Well, since my school has been closed for the past 3 days (snow days,
>>about 10" of snow) and me having the flu. I have had lots of time to play
>>M°. Well, I finished it about 30 minutes ago and well...why was the
>>ending...well...such a let down? Had Bungie made a story too complex to
>>explain?

>ydnar: bungie wasn't responsible for the story. we were. greg kirkpatrick, the
>president, wrote the bulk of the stories for marathon 1 and 2 as well.
>it had to do the interesting trick of actually ending the marathon story.
>we thought that my making you a god it would be sufficently "ended." ;-)"

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/10/12 10:09 a.m.
     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Godot 6/10/12 10:54 a.m.
           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/10/12 2:04 p.m.
                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/13/12 9:27 a.m.
                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/13/12 11:27 a.m.
                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Blayne 6/15/12 9:29 p.m.
     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/13/12 2:59 p.m.
           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/13/12 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/13/12 8:07 p.m.
                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/13/12 9:51 p.m.
                             Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/14/12 7:22 a.m.
                                   Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/14/12 8:54 a.m.
                                         Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/14/12 9:36 a.m.
                                               Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/14/12 5:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/17/12 6:59 a.m.
                                                           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/17/12 1:13 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/17/12 2:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/17/12 2:56 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/17/12 3:55 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/18/12 9:21 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/17/12 5:48 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/18/12 6:30 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Godot 6/18/12 9:51 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/18/12 12:37 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Godot 6/19/12 9:58 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/20/12 1:47 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/20/12 3:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/21/12 3:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/21/12 3:19 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...treellama 6/18/12 7:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.