/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...
Posted By: GodotDate: 6/10/12 10:54 a.m.

In Response To: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova... (PerseusSpartacus)

: The End Screen of M2 talks about Robert Blake: Robert Blake and his men
: escaped the destruction of Lh'owon in the captured Pfhor refueling ship
: Hfarl, and returned to Earth. None of them ever questioned who had killed
: the crew before they boarded the vessel.

: They were the only human survivors of the original Tau Ceti colony.

: People have interpreted the last line ("They were the only human
: survivors of the original Tau Ceti colony.") to mean that we're not
: human - in other words, that we're a cyborg. However, I'd like to propose
: my own really weird interpretation of that line.

: Suppose we are human. Then, that means that we must not count as a
: survivor. Wait, how does that work? Surely we can't be dead. Or maybe we
: could be? Suppose this: we complete 'All Roads Lead To Sol'. Lh'owon's sun
: is going nova. We teleport to a S'pht ship preparing to leave Lh'owon (not
: the captured Khfiva , which Durandal is in). However, the ship doesn't
: leave quite soon enough, and is destroyed in the nova. We are dead.

This raises another interesting point. It is generally believed that the Infinity Prologue follows on from events at the end of M2. The trih xeem is deployed and the W'rkncacnter is released. Durandal (and presumably the player) die. This kicks off our time traveling exploits.

Yet the End Screen of M2 presents us with a different timeline. Durandal lives and returns to Sol in a Jjaro dreadnought called Manus Celer Dei.

Of course this can all be explained by the fact that End Screen of M2 was written without any prior knowledge of Infinity and Double Aught couldn't retro fit the Infinity story into the events in End Screen.

So at the end of M2 does the W'rkncacnter ever appear? And if it doesn't then the events in Infinity must be happening in another universe... or something.

My head is hurting again... ;)

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/10/12 10:09 a.m.
     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Godot 6/10/12 10:54 a.m.
           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/10/12 2:04 p.m.
                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/13/12 9:27 a.m.
                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/13/12 11:27 a.m.
                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Blayne 6/15/12 9:29 p.m.
     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/13/12 2:59 p.m.
           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/13/12 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/13/12 8:07 p.m.
                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/13/12 9:51 p.m.
                             Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/14/12 7:22 a.m.
                                   Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/14/12 8:54 a.m.
                                         Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/14/12 9:36 a.m.
                                               Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/14/12 5:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/17/12 6:59 a.m.
                                                           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/17/12 1:13 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/17/12 2:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/17/12 2:56 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/17/12 3:55 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...listener 6/18/12 9:21 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/17/12 5:48 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/18/12 6:30 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Godot 6/18/12 9:51 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/18/12 12:37 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Godot 6/19/12 9:58 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/20/12 1:47 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/20/12 3:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...Philtron 6/21/12 3:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...PerseusSpartacus 6/21/12 3:19 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I Don't Think We Survived That Nova...treellama 6/18/12 7:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.