Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. Concerns
Posted By: Sharpsniper99 <Bobbysingh99@hotmail.com>Date: 7/14/07 6:21 p.m.

In Response To: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. Concerns (Captain Spark)

: I have several concerns about playing alongside the Arbiter, or better yet,
: having the Arbiter playing alongside me.

: Since the Arbiter is an AI player, ( not in co-op mode ), I'm concerned that
: his involvement will diminish my immersion in the game if he is overly
: aggressive and gets in my way like Sergent Johnson does in Outskirts. I
: often times wished I could just kill Johnson in Outskirts because having
: him equipped with the sniper rifle, I found that Johnson dictated the flow
: of the level by killing every enemy in sight. The solution for me was to
: take his sniper rifle and give him a plasma pistol, doing that keeps him
: off of the glass roof.

: What I'm also concerned about is the Arbiter giving away my position to a
: large group of enemies and ruining my strategy by either shooting, tossing
: a grenade or just simply being seen causing the enemies to react to his
: presence. We all have our own unique style and approach to the single
: player Halo campaign. I prefer a more subdued, stealthy approach so I can
: plan my strategy and play out a battle that best suites my playing style.

: There's my fear that the Arbiter will hop in a vehicle, Banshee, Warthog or
: any other vehicle and drive straight into a battle, ruining my strategy
: and destroying the vehicle in the process. Remember the Marines doing that
: in Halo 2?

: Is the Arbiter invincible like Sergent Johnson is in Halo 2?
: Can you swap out weapons with the Arbiter?
: Can you command the Arbiter? Note, I can't think of a single game where this
: actually worked well.
: Can you turn off the Arbiter and play the campaign alone?
: Will the Arbiter get in my way?

: As I was writing this, it struck me that I'm not so sure that I really want
: to share my single player experience with a AI player tagging along beside
: me. For me, part of the charm and fun of playing Halo is facing the
: enemies alone, facing a horde of enemies without worrying about a partner.
: I'm talking about single player and not co-op.

: Any thoughts

hmm i hadnt thaught about this - but i sort of agree after reading your post, im hoping that the arbitor will let the player fire the first shot - like the marines in The Truth and Reconciliation, they wait untill the enemy fires back and only then jump into the action.

i kind of have a feeling that the chief and arbitor will share perhaps only a few levels - the tougher levels - and the levels where you need a bit more help - like the first one which is generally just a easy training mission (although in halo they cant really be regarded that simple)

ive also got another feeling that he will be around whenever cortana isnt - in halo 1 whenever we didnt have cortana directing us - we had guilty spark on the job, i think arbitor might just take the role of guide - albeit a guide that helps us in combat a bit more.

and yeah ive also wondered how gameplay could work if we had a invincible or incredibly tough ai helping us - supposedly considering how tough the arbitor is supposed to be - we could just sit back and let him do all the dirty work if we so wished, gameplay would have to be finly tuned to work.

but hell having an AI with you is always fun - i welcome fighting alongside the arbitor - as long as its not ALL game

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 9:48 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsActiveCamoElite 7/14/07 10:01 a.m.
           oh! and wouldnt it suck if...ActiveCamoElite 7/14/07 10:06 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsSimpsons Rule 7/14/07 10:03 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 10:37 a.m.
                 Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsSimpsons Rule 7/14/07 11:19 a.m.
                       Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 11:35 a.m.
                             Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsSimpsons Rule 7/14/07 12:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 1:45 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsSep7imus [subnova] 7/14/07 1:53 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 2:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsRox 7/14/07 9:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 11:12 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsUNSC Trafalgar 7/14/07 1:25 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsThe Lamonster 7/14/07 10:27 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsThe More Deluded 7/14/07 4:41 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsRed_Breast 7/14/07 10:38 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsSep7imus [subnova] 7/14/07 11:11 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsNarcogen 7/15/07 11:38 p.m.
                 OT GoW Raam Insane.Red_Breast 7/16/07 9:54 a.m.
     That's why the Chief stuffs a pistol in his jawsMr Fiddle 7/14/07 10:49 a.m.
           Re: That's why the Chief stuffs a pistol in his jaCaptain Spark 7/14/07 11:39 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. Concernspete_the_duck 7/14/07 11:06 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsUNSC Trafalgar 7/14/07 11:27 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. Concernseverluck 7/14/07 1:39 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 2:10 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsRed_Breast 7/14/07 3:26 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsMister Froggy 7/14/07 3:12 p.m.
     I really hope he's still playable.Gravemind 7/14/07 3:43 p.m.
           However...Gravemind 7/14/07 3:55 p.m.
           Re: I really hope he's still playable.Sep7imus [subnova] 7/14/07 4:04 p.m.
                 Uh, yeah...Hikaru-119 7/14/07 4:25 p.m.
                       Re: Uh, yeah...Sep7imus [subnova] 7/14/07 4:33 p.m.
                             why use clones, though?Hunt3r 7/14/07 5:53 p.m.
           Re: I really hope he's still playable.Captain Spark 7/14/07 5:30 p.m.
                 Re: I really hope he's still playable.The More Deluded 7/14/07 5:47 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsRockslider 7/14/07 4:31 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsACEfanatic02 7/14/07 4:43 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCaptain Spark 7/14/07 5:58 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsSharpsniper99 7/14/07 6:21 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsThe More Deluded 7/14/07 7:11 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsCthulhu117 7/14/07 7:16 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3 campaign and the Arbiter. ConcernsRox 7/14/07 9:50 p.m.
     but i love playing the arbiterQsExile 7/14/07 9:28 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.