Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 1/28/11 8:58 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes" (uberfoop)

I remember more about it now actually.
That wasn't entirely the case. The Covenant did have recon pickets and Seraphs in place. They knew the PoA was there quite a bit ahead of time, so it wasn't really a case of the PoA having an element of surprise.

I recall in The Flood a Prophet ordering the Covenant forces instead to show restraint and try boarding the PoA instead of blasting it out of space, for the reason you mentioned.
They only fully engaged as it closed on the ring, which is when it really fell apart rather quickly.

Makes more sense from that perspective. Bad orders from a civilian in power drastically hampering military forces and needlessly costing lives and equipment.
I recall the Shipmaster in The Flood was extremely angry and frustrated with said Prophet.

I'm one of those people that actually enjoyed The Flood. I'd rather re-read that over FoR or FS any day, but I like more character driven stories. Contact Harvest, Cryptum and The Flood stand out as my top 3, in that order.

Bry's on Tumblr, with Halo screenshots and more

Message Index

Replies:

Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"The Loot 1/28/11 2:20 a.m.
     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Narcogen 1/28/11 3:22 a.m.
     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/28/11 3:52 a.m.
           Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Leisandir 1/28/11 8:07 a.m.
                 Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/28/11 8:10 a.m.
                       Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"JonnyOThan 1/28/11 2:24 p.m.
                             Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"JonnyOThan 1/28/11 2:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"General Vagueness 1/28/11 5:55 p.m.
     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/28/11 6:51 a.m.
           Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"General Vagueness 1/28/11 12:27 p.m.
                 Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/28/11 12:59 p.m.
     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Simpsons Rule 1/28/11 2:03 p.m.
           Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/28/11 2:57 p.m.
                 Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/28/11 4:21 p.m.
                       Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/28/11 4:35 p.m.
                             Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/28/11 5:43 p.m.
                 Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Simpsons Rule 1/28/11 7:06 p.m.
                       Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/28/11 7:26 p.m.
                             Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Cthulhu117 1/28/11 7:41 p.m.
                                   Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Cthulhu117 1/28/11 8:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/28/11 8:15 p.m.
                                               Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"uberfoop 1/28/11 8:35 p.m.
                                                     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/28/11 8:58 p.m.
                                               Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"aloyisus 1/29/11 5:00 a.m.
                                                     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Leisandir 1/29/11 10:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"The Loot 1/29/11 1:42 p.m.
                                                           Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Bry 1/29/11 1:44 p.m.
                                                     Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Narcogen 1/31/11 2:26 a.m.
                       Re: Reconciling the T&R and the cruiser in "Keyes"Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/28/11 10:02 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.