Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Yeah, he was definitely right on...
Posted By: DHalo <dhalo117@yahoo.com>Date: 3/7/10 12:35 p.m.

In Response To: Yeah, he was definitely right on... (stan)

: It was pretty lame.

My biggest immersion relation beef with the Arbiter is the fact that his past is generally unknown. How can I feel any sympathy toward redemption when I'm oblivious to what acts are being redeemed?

The Chief is a warrior fighting for a species I'm well associated with; humanity is the defending species, the Arbiter is from the aggressor side of the conflict. From a sympathetic standpoint the Arbiter is not as strong a playable character because what has happened to bring him to Halo 2's point in time is important to our understand of his character, or at least or sympathy towards his character. And even had we known his path we'd likely NOT be sympathetic, seeing as his past is probably quite littered with the slaughter of many, as has been said elsewhere in this thread numerous times. Likely the reason his past is unknown (generally speaking).

The Arbiter was bamboozled like the rest of the Covenant, but that does not forgive his actions. He chose to subscribe to the belief like everyone else, and any time you subscribe to a belief, you reap the rewards if you are right, but you must face the consequences if you are wrong. The Arbiter got off easy mainly because he was outcast from the very religion he subscribed to. His consequences turned reward.

I understand it was neccessary to the plot, but getting me to feel for a character that was likely responsible for the death of very many is difficult, especially when there were no reprucussions for it. So he got ousted from the Covenant. That might be bad for him, but he realized eventually, just as we already knew, that leaving was a GOOD THING, because the Covenant were a bunch of tards. So where's the real atonement here? At least Mendicant Bias led everyone to the Ark, to allow for that final stand. I mean, the only reason the Elites joined the humans is because they were attacked first. They did not make the decision to leave, the were forced to leave. Not as noble, IMO.

Message Index

Replies:

Only 7 YearsXmoosev3 3/3/10 9:24 a.m.
     *rofl*Shishka 3/3/10 12:07 p.m.
           HBO: Shishka was Right (in 2003) *NM*Louis Wu 3/3/10 12:54 p.m.
                 HBO: Its a Roland Map. *NM*Hyokin 3/3/10 1:50 p.m.
                 Re: HBO: Shishka is Left the rest of the time. *NM*Blackstar 3/4/10 1:34 p.m.
           Re: *rofl*Xmoosev3 3/7/10 8:22 a.m.
     Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-yearDruff 3/3/10 2:25 p.m.
           Wow!bluerunner 3/3/10 2:31 p.m.
           Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-yICDedPpl 3/3/10 2:32 p.m.
           Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-yAngelicLionheart 3/3/10 2:42 p.m.
                 Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-ysharpsniper99 3/3/10 2:53 p.m.
                       Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-yJillybean 3/3/10 3:17 p.m.
                             Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-ysharpsniper99 3/3/10 3:24 p.m.
                                   Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-yJillybean 3/3/10 3:26 p.m.
                                         Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-yHyokin 3/3/10 3:48 p.m.
                       Yeah, he was definitely right on...stan 3/3/10 4:24 p.m.
                             i liked the arbiter :(hunt3r 3/3/10 5:54 p.m.
                                   Re: i liked the arbiter :(Metalingus627 3/3/10 7:05 p.m.
                                         Re: i liked the arbiter :(Arithmomaniac 3/3/10 8:36 p.m.
                                               Re: i liked the arbiter :(scarab 3/4/10 2:53 p.m.
                                                     Re: i liked the arbiter :(RC Master 3/4/10 3:27 p.m.
                                                           Is that your best response?scarab 3/4/10 3:47 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Is that your best response?RC Master 3/6/10 8:55 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Is that your best response?scarab 3/6/10 10:39 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Is that your best response?Metalingus627 3/6/10 3:48 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Is that your best response?Louis Wu 3/6/10 3:53 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Is that your best response?Metalingus627 3/6/10 4:02 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Is that your best response?GryphonOsiris 3/7/10 4:08 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Is that your best response?Harmanimus 3/7/10 7:45 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Is that your best response?Louis Wu 3/7/10 9:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Is that your best response?Harmanimus 3/7/10 10:40 a.m.
                                                                                                           Non-secular Covenantscarab 3/7/10 3:29 p.m.
                                                                                                     Space abattoirsscarab 3/7/10 3:08 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Is that your best response?scarab 3/6/10 5:59 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Is that your best response?Silent Knight 3/7/10 12:05 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Is that your best response?Metalingus627 3/7/10 5:06 a.m.
                                                                                               AlsoMetalingus627 3/7/10 5:22 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AlsoSilent Knight 3/7/10 5:32 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Is that your best response?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/7/10 10:44 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Is that your best response?scarab 3/7/10 3:57 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Is that your best response?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/7/10 9:04 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Is that your best response?scarab 3/8/10 3:20 p.m.
                                               Re: i liked the arbiter :(General Vagueness 3/7/10 9:44 p.m.
                                                     Re: i liked the arbiter :(Fil Storamee 3/8/10 2:47 a.m.
                                                           Elites need to be FerociousDEEP NNN 3/8/10 6:19 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Elites need to be FerociousGilver 3/8/10 11:28 a.m.
                                         Re: why people hated the arbiterZe Moose 3/6/10 7:01 p.m.
                                               Re: why people hated the arbiterscarab 3/6/10 7:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: why people hated the arbiterscarab 3/6/10 7:13 p.m.
                             BOOO!!!!RC Master 3/3/10 7:44 p.m.
                                   Yeah, but...stan 3/3/10 8:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Yeah, but...RC Master 3/3/10 8:58 p.m.
                                         Re: Yeah, but...Hedgemony 3/3/10 9:10 p.m.
                                               I've always found this to be a pretty good metricEiii 3/3/10 9:36 p.m.
                                                     Here's my take...stan 3/3/10 10:39 p.m.
                                                           Re: Here's my take...Hedgemony 3/3/10 10:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: Here's my take...Eiii 3/4/10 12:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: I've always found this to be a pretty good metsharpsniper99 3/4/10 3:23 a.m.
                                                           Hey look!Eiii 3/5/10 11:51 a.m.
                                                                 Wait, you're serious?Bones153 3/6/10 4:37 p.m.
                                                           Re: I've always found this to be a pretty good metCody Miller 3/6/10 4:42 p.m.
                                                           I'm right there with you.Silent Knight 3/6/10 5:22 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I'm right there with you.Hedgemony 3/6/10 5:57 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I'm right there with you.Hikaru-119 3/6/10 6:13 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I'm right there with you.scarab 3/6/10 6:34 p.m.
                             Re: Yeah, he was definitely right on...DEEP NNN 3/3/10 8:58 p.m.
                             Re: Yeah, he was definitely right on...Archilen 3/4/10 12:53 a.m.
                             Re: Yeah, he was definitely right on...DHalo 3/7/10 12:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Yeah, he was definitely right on...RC Master 3/7/10 2:06 p.m.
                                         Re: Yeah, he was definitely right on...DHalo 3/7/10 2:48 p.m.
                 Pretty sure he was kidding. *NM*iMonkey777 3/3/10 3:43 p.m.
                       Yeah. Right. *NM* *NM*Druff 3/3/10 3:52 p.m.
                 He really did 180 on that :-) *NM*scarab 3/3/10 7:17 p.m.
           Re: Another classic Shishka chestnut from yester-yThe Se7enth Prophet 3/3/10 3:17 p.m.
           That's a burn. *NM*BlueNinja 3/3/10 4:06 p.m.
           Doesn't Count.Shishka 3/3/10 4:18 p.m.
                 Re: Doesn't Count.Druff 3/3/10 4:24 p.m.
                       Re: Doesn't Count.sharpsniper99 3/3/10 4:31 p.m.
                             Re: Doesn't Count.Druff 3/3/10 5:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Doesn't Count.sharpsniper99 3/3/10 6:15 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.