Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: A Lesson for the Misguided and Ignorant
Posted By: Diss3nt <n3rdx0r@gmail.com>Date: 6/25/05 1:25 p.m.

In Response To: A Lesson for the Misguided and Ignorant (An anonymous game developer)

Like I said, this is my opinion. You didn't need to take it personally, as you obviously have. I'm deeply sorry if I've offended you in any way, I just find it to be a bit odd that you find the need to come on here and berate me in the way you did.

- "I'm glad you've prefaced this with a quick summary of your vacuous experience in game marketing, design, and development. Even without the warning, it's abundantly clear that you've has never read a decent book, or left your parents' basement for that matter, let alone worked on a project in the software or entertainment industry. That's forgivable - you're thirteen, this is your first blog, and you may as well make the first post an inflammatory one."

Way to go buddy. You we're right about one thing. I haven't left my parents house because I am just 15. Wooo, way to feel mature.
I never once stated that I had any experience in marketing, design, or development. Nor do I pretend that I have experience in any of those departments. I was simply stating that I have been a long time Bungie fan, and continute to be a huge fan of their games.
And our opinion of "decent books" obviously differs, because I don't find romance novels or Wiggles picture books to be that "decent."

-"What the hell are you trying to convey with all of these emphatic 'allegedly's everywhere? Yes, the game is in development, and yes, it'll come out the day before the PS3 does. Why are your panties in a bunch?"

I say 'allegedly' because nothing has been confirmed, and I wouldn't want to get yelled at by someone saying "What the hell are you saying? The game hasn't even been confirmed yet!" Although now it is very clear that I will get yelled no matter what I type. I'm simply anxious for an announcement that's all.
And no, my panties aren't in a bunch, though it seems yours were when you wrote this.

-"I don't know if you've been living under a rock (although your other observations seem to suggest this)"

Thanks so much for insulting me, it really makes me want to take back what I said.

-"Speaking of last minute, did you know that Bungie rewrote and re-recorded much of Cortana's in game dialogue in the few months between E3 and release?"

No I didn't know that. Thank you for enlightening me. At least I can take something out of this barrage of insults.

-"It's happening already - when was the last time someone successfully used standby or duping on you?"

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I applaud Bungie for fixing the Xbox Live play. I enjoy it very much so, and it's very much improved over what it used to be, and I feel it is the best game on Live.
The point I was trying to make is that people are going to find ways to cheat no matter what anyone does anywhere. Not just Bungie and Halo 2/Halo 3.

-"I play Halo for the story, not the online component."
Many people play halo for the online component, and not the story. Many people play it for both. Game developers try to make the best game possible, one that strikes a perfect balance between development costs and software/hardware sales. I've got news for you dorothy - Live revenues are the cat's pajamas.-

Granted. Which is why I said "I" instead of "everyone."

-"Another thing you seem to have missed is that Halo 2 _does_ push the limits on console physics simulations, using a much lauded engine called Havoc. Half Life 2 has more detailed interactions than were implemented in Halo 2 simply because of hardware disparities in your home gaming rig over the garden variety xbox."

Did I ever criticize Halo 2's physics? No, I don't think I did. I like Halo 2's physics quite a bit. What I was referring to was since the Xbox 360 is going to be so powerful, perhaps we will see something like Half-Life 2's physics in Halo 3. Fancy that.

-"For you, I think Halo 2 should be the last Halo game. If you quit now, we won't have to suffer through more of your ignorance."

I'll be sure to go and burn all my Halo related media now. There go the posters. Now the books. Wow, those discs sure do burn fast!

-"For everyone else, there's so much story left to be told."

I see that I have been given a Halo 3 restraining order. When I go to pre-order the game the EBX Bouncers will ask me to kindly step away from the store lest I anger the HBO Forum poster who flamed me for writing and publishing my thoughts. Be sure to tell me what it's like when it comes out.

As I stated, I am a HUGE Bungie fan, and I DID NOT mean to criticize them or Halo 2. I love Halo 2. I'm not one of those people who go "Bah, Halo 2's ending sucked! BUNGIE IS T3H SUCK!!1" On the contrary, I rather liked the game's ending. Sets up a great intro to Halo 3.

I think that the cause for the flame was the fact that the writer misunderstood that I was simply putting some thoughts down, and meant to offense to anyone. But apparently I'm misguided and ignorant. Forgive me everyone.

The Article

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogDiss3nt 6/24/05 8:34 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogLOTIONMAN 6/24/05 8:58 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogDiss3nt 6/24/05 9:04 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogJ 6/24/05 9:26 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my Blogzink 6/24/05 9:37 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my Blogdeadmonkey 6/24/05 10:38 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogDiss3nt 6/24/05 10:50 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogMilhouse 6/25/05 1:41 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogShaun 6/27/05 2:03 a.m.
           I like it! I commented as well, Rio258k *NM*rio258k 6/25/05 9:57 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my Blogyurahn 6/29/05 8:56 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my Blogyurahn 6/29/05 8:57 a.m.
     I agree.Mr. Mech 6/25/05 7:27 a.m.
           Re: I agree.Diss3nt 6/25/05 7:52 a.m.
     I very rarely post, but needed to say somethingStickFigureNinja 6/25/05 12:04 p.m.
     A Lesson for the Misguided and IgnorantAn anonymous game developer 6/25/05 12:11 p.m.
           Re: A Lesson for the Misguided and IgnorantDiss3nt 6/25/05 1:25 p.m.
                 Re: A Lesson for the Misguided and IgnorantJester VR 6/25/05 1:41 p.m.
                 Re: A Lesson for the Misguided and IgnorantEndbringer 6/25/05 2:19 p.m.
           Re: A Lesson for the Misguided and IgnorantSpartan235 6/25/05 9:54 p.m.
                 Re: A Lesson for the Misguided and Ignorantrio258k 6/26/05 12:25 a.m.
           Your title applied to you as well.Jinno 6/26/05 12:19 a.m.
                 That's probably why he posted as "Anonymous" *NM*GameJunkieJim 6/26/05 12:25 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogMatt 6/25/05 6:09 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogChaos Recon 6/25/05 6:51 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 6/26/05 9:01 a.m.
                       Shakespere was a hack ;-) *NM*GameJunkieJim 6/26/05 9:45 a.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogDan Chosich 6/26/05 9:24 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogJester VR 6/25/05 7:21 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogDiss3nt 6/25/05 7:56 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogFlawed Legacy 6/25/05 9:06 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogDiss3nt 6/25/05 9:14 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogJinno 6/25/05 11:37 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my Blogblaz 6/26/05 12:20 a.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogMatt 6/25/05 11:03 p.m.
                       Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Jinno 6/25/05 11:32 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Count Zero 6/25/05 11:59 p.m.
                                   ^^Good Point^^ Very Well Said *NM*Mintz08 6/26/05 12:44 a.m.
                                   Re: Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Ryan Broxterman 6/26/05 1:38 a.m.
                                         another good point^^ *NM*RC Master 6/26/05 10:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Diss3nt 6/26/05 9:52 a.m.
                             Re: Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Scarab 6/26/05 12:22 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Diss3nt 6/26/05 12:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Scarab 6/26/05 1:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo 3 Advertising... My Musings.Jinno 6/27/05 6:05 a.m.
                       Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogArt Vandelay 6/25/05 11:51 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my Blogpushbak 6/26/05 1:46 a.m.
                             ^^Good question^^ *NM*Coffin Joe 6/26/05 2:00 a.m.
                                   ^Not really.gspawn 6/26/05 10:10 a.m.
           Excellent set of thoughts. I agree. *NM*serpx 6/25/05 11:29 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my Blogda 6/26/05 12:52 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3: My Musings on my BlogMthdDirector 6/26/05 11:50 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.