Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IAC
Posted By: mrbananas <dgreenwood@lacademy.edu>Date: 2/24/05 5:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IAC (Peptuck)

: I wouldn't argue if those were in survival packs, but those are inside
: transport crates, the kind you see in the Cairo. Last time I checked, most
: Marines didn't pack extra helmets in their backpacks. That room was saved
: for medical gear and for ammunition and MREs. I seriosuly doubt that a
: Marine would waste valuable space for extra boots. Maybe body armor, but
: boots? Nah. Most of the time a Marine goes into combat with only the gear
: he needs, and leaves the rest of his extra gear back at base or on his
: ship with his seabag.

are you kidding. boots are the most essental. can you image a marine having to trek through rock, forest swamp and more with out boots. the extra pair of boots are the smartest thing. having boots is just as important as have a weapon.

: Also, if the Marines were going in with food, they would pack MREs, not bring
: along a big huge massive crate filled with a portable heating unit, not to
: mention numerous ones. And again, this is a short-term assault mission,
: not a long-term stay. Portable heating units like that are for
: semi-permenant base camps, not for a short assault mission like this one.
: Again, I never saw any of those during the course of Delta Halo/Regret. In
: addition, the equipment supply crates can be found inside the Sentinel
: Wall, at the beginning of the Flood infested area that mimicks the first
: halls in Sacred Icon. I doubt a Pelican dropped that stuff there.

heater can also be used to boil water or melt snow to make it safe for drinking. warm water would also be needed to treat and clean some wounds. portable stoves are ment to be carryed with you. you may have never been a boyscott but we can carry every thing we need to surive for a week on our back and then trek a 5 miles uphill.

: I looked like it had landed normally, not crashed. If it had crashed there
: would have been damages. But it looks relatively unscatched, and the snow
: around it is fairly even, indicating that it built up around the ship as
: opposed to the ship slamming into it.

the flood don't have the neatest landings.

: This is, of course, based entirely of speculation that the Marines already
: dropped the shield before the fleet arrived. I can't really refute this,
: as there is no evidence it didn't happen, but then again, there is no
: evidence it did.

no no no. the marines enter when the arbitor first turns it off. think of these marines as waiting right nice to the edge of the shield down below the arbitor and they go in the moment he turns it off and some fools get them selves immedatliy kill. (remember after he turns it off he rides in the plateform a little bit. across a long drop. thats when everyone else is coming in,.

notice how most of the marine flood you fit look pretty fleshy still. probilby cause they are still fresh.

Message Index

Replies:

The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 1:15 p.m.
     Oops. ^ *Long* *NM*Peptuck 2/24/05 1:16 p.m.
           Re: Oops. ^ *Long*Spar7an119 2/24/05 1:19 p.m.
                 Thanks for the expert commentary. *NM*Peptuck 2/24/05 1:22 p.m.
                 Awesome theory, I believe you completely.Series III (MetalSilver) 2/24/05 1:23 p.m.
                       Re: Awesome theory, I believe you completely.Peptuck 2/24/05 1:25 p.m.
                             Looks like today is another day \/\/ *NM*Series III (MetalSilver) 2/24/05 5:21 p.m.
     good argument...Shinblam 2/24/05 1:27 p.m.
     Re: Col. Ackerson's pet project?GryphonOsiris 2/24/05 1:36 p.m.
           Re: Col. Ackerson's pet project?replay 2/24/05 1:53 p.m.
     Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/24/05 2:03 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACgspawn 2/24/05 2:44 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 3:05 p.m.
                 Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/24/05 5:05 p.m.
                       Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 10:24 p.m.
                             Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/24/05 11:59 p.m.
                                   Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/25/05 12:21 a.m.
                                         Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/25/05 11:13 a.m.
     Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACHikaru-119 2/24/05 3:02 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 3:20 p.m.
     Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACRagashingo 2/24/05 10:51 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACSep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 9:13 a.m.
                 Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 10:12 a.m.
                       Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACGryphonOsiris 2/25/05 10:34 a.m.
     Oops: One more thing:Ragashingo 2/24/05 10:54 p.m.
           Re: Oops: One more thing:mrbananas 2/25/05 12:02 a.m.
                 Re: Oops: One more thing:Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 8:09 a.m.
                       Re: It's not a question of where it grips it!Sep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 9:18 a.m.
                             You haven't played the game, have you?Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 10:24 a.m.
                                   You haven't caught the point, have you?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 10:36 a.m.
                                         Re: You haven't caught the point, have you?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 10:46 a.m.
                                         Neither have you,Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 10:47 a.m.
                                               Re: Neither have you,Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 11:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Neither have you,Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 11:11 a.m.
                                                           Re: Neither have you,Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 2:35 p.m.
                                                     Re: Neither have you,Sep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 11:12 a.m.
                                                           Re: Neither have you,mrbananas 2/25/05 11:19 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Neither have you,Count Zero 2/25/05 11:36 a.m.
                                                                       Crates, and other stuffscarab 2/25/05 3:47 p.m.
     PopJillybean 2/25/05 7:05 a.m.
           -tacular! *NM*BOLL 2/25/05 7:55 a.m.
           Re: PopPeptuck 2/25/05 8:39 a.m.
                 Oops! Didn't mean to sound rude....Peptuck 2/25/05 12:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.