Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IAC
Posted By: mrbananas <dgreenwood@lacademy.edu>Date: 2/24/05 2:03 p.m.

In Response To: The Library, Combat Forms, and IAC (Peptuck)

: First off, the argument I've held for a long, long time, is that there is no
: possible way those Flood forms could have been from In Amber Clad's crew,
: mainly because they were blocked by the same barrier that was blocking the
: Covenant's access. My entire theory is pretty much based off this, and the
: fact that the Covenant never mentioned that the shield was broken or
: compromised in any way, which, as the Arbiter has shown, would be about
: the only way (that we know of) to get inside the barrier.

the covenant may not have known. there are always possiblitys.

: Remember, Miranda says that they cannot get through the barrier while the
: Master chief is on the second gondola leading to Regret's temple.

: "Keyes: Roger that. I'm as close to the Library as I can get. There's
: some
: sort of barrier. We're trying to find a way around it. I'll keep you
: posted."

: Now, additional evidence I'd like to point out: -Throughout the course of
: Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone, you'll encounter supply crates. Human
: supply crates, to be specific. Now, if the humans were moving through the
: Sentinel Wall at high speed, fighting the Flood in their path, do you
: think they'd bother carrying such crates with them?
: -Continuing on that, look at what some of the crates contain: helmets, spare
: body armor, boots. Okay, somewhat understandable, but still, why bother
: carrying extra boots or helmets inside a confined space when getting to
: the Index is all that matters?
: -Now the kicker relating to these boxes. Look at the big crates you encounter
: later on, both in Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone. They contain spare food
: preperation units, essentially stoves. why the heck would the Marines
: bring that along on what is essentially an assault mission? Last time I
: checked, portable food heaters did not make effective weapons against the
: Covenant or the Flood, unless youw anted to deep fry them. I certainly
: didn't see any Marines lugging those around during Truth and
: Reconciliation or during Delta Halo/Regret.

: So, we've got spare boots, helmets, body armor, and portable heating units.
: Sounds like the type of stuff an occupying force would have on hand for a
: reasonably long-term stay, don't you think?

now i have to disagree with you there. all the equipment you mentioned. thats all standard surival gear. marines always carry that such in there backpack in case they get lost during battle. also the pelcian would always carry that such in case it ever crashed. when marines go to battle being able to fight the enemy isn't going to keep you alive from the elements. what are they going to eat bullets, floodlings? and how are they going to cook it or boil water. last i recall, med paks don't make very good weapons either but they still bring them.

now as for why the helljumpers didn't have any of that stuff or the marines at truth and reconcillion, i have an explaination.
-helljumpers: they probiliy did have all that stuff. it would probibly be stored inside the pod. boots helmets and heating units don't take uo much space, they were probiliy stored behind the coushin or in a compart ment on the other side.
-Truth and Rec: 1)steath mission, you usually don't bring that kind of stuff on a steath mission. 2)the marines had very littled supplies on the ring cause they were cut off from the POA. they probibly didn't have enough to spare.

: Next, look outside the doorway leading to the gondola that runs to the
: Library. outside of that little sheltered area with the Flood and the
: machineguns and the big crates full of the brutal Covenant and Flood
: annihilating war weapons called stoves, nestled up against one of the
: cliff walls, is a Pelican. However, this Pelican is rather odd, as its
: halfway covered with snow. That thing obviously didn't just land there. It
: had to have been there for some time, and since IAC's troops couldn't have
: gotten inside before the shield was lowered, it means that the Pelican was
: inside the shield for a while before the new human visitors arrived.
: Which, in other words, means that it was already there when the shield was
: dropped. Hmmm.....

well now the pelican can be halfway into the snow cause it crashed, that will bury it some and then it depends on how hard it is snowing. an that pelican is near the end of the level (unless i am think if a different pelican)

: Next up, we have the presence of In Amber Clad, directly outside the Library.
: I don't know, but I think this alone is proof enough that the stuff we've
: seen before is not theirs, if they simply could have moved their entire
: frigate straight to the Library off the bat. But, why don't the humans
: start sooner? Likely because they've already run into the Flood on the
: ground and need to fight through them to get onto the platform. However,
: there is another possibility. Recall the Marine transmissions.

if i recall, at one point didn't the miranda say that the covenant were getting nosy and she had to hid. this could of been when she was waiting out side the shield wall before the first wave of covies arrive. when the covies got there she had to fly the ship off in away while leaving behind some marines. before she comes back the shield is lowered and the marines head in alone to make sure the covenant get there first since they just opened the shield. as soon as the unexpirenced marines rush in, a couple plattoons get ambushed. they get abushed by flood (remember known of them have seen flood before and i don't think miranda had time to brief every one.) these marines become the very first flood we see. as soon as the shield was down the covenant probibly dropped troops in too who were quickly over come. in amber clad probibly begins heading back now while marines are still advancing, they only get as far as the near end of the level. now that in amber clad is here, it sends out pelican to retrive the missing marines and they probiliby hot drop some equipment for the marines. unfortunatly some of the pelicans get shot down and crash.

i am not trying to say you are wrong, just that not all of your evidences are definate yes. a single piece of evidence can always have opposite possibiltys.

Message Index

Replies:

The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 1:15 p.m.
     Oops. ^ *Long* *NM*Peptuck 2/24/05 1:16 p.m.
           Re: Oops. ^ *Long*Spar7an119 2/24/05 1:19 p.m.
                 Thanks for the expert commentary. *NM*Peptuck 2/24/05 1:22 p.m.
                 Awesome theory, I believe you completely.Series III (MetalSilver) 2/24/05 1:23 p.m.
                       Re: Awesome theory, I believe you completely.Peptuck 2/24/05 1:25 p.m.
                             Looks like today is another day \/\/ *NM*Series III (MetalSilver) 2/24/05 5:21 p.m.
     good argument...Shinblam 2/24/05 1:27 p.m.
     Re: Col. Ackerson's pet project?GryphonOsiris 2/24/05 1:36 p.m.
           Re: Col. Ackerson's pet project?replay 2/24/05 1:53 p.m.
     Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/24/05 2:03 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACgspawn 2/24/05 2:44 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 3:05 p.m.
                 Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/24/05 5:05 p.m.
                       Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 10:24 p.m.
                             Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/24/05 11:59 p.m.
                                   Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/25/05 12:21 a.m.
                                         Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACmrbananas 2/25/05 11:13 a.m.
     Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACHikaru-119 2/24/05 3:02 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACPeptuck 2/24/05 3:20 p.m.
     Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACRagashingo 2/24/05 10:51 p.m.
           Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACSep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 9:13 a.m.
                 Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 10:12 a.m.
                       Re: The Library, Combat Forms, and IACGryphonOsiris 2/25/05 10:34 a.m.
     Oops: One more thing:Ragashingo 2/24/05 10:54 p.m.
           Re: Oops: One more thing:mrbananas 2/25/05 12:02 a.m.
                 Re: Oops: One more thing:Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 8:09 a.m.
                       Re: It's not a question of where it grips it!Sep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 9:18 a.m.
                             You haven't played the game, have you?Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 10:24 a.m.
                                   You haven't caught the point, have you?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 10:36 a.m.
                                         Re: You haven't caught the point, have you?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 10:46 a.m.
                                         Neither have you,Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 10:47 a.m.
                                               Re: Neither have you,Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 11:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Neither have you,Series III (MetalSilver) 2/25/05 11:11 a.m.
                                                           Re: Neither have you,Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/25/05 2:35 p.m.
                                                     Re: Neither have you,Sep7imus [subnova] 2/25/05 11:12 a.m.
                                                           Re: Neither have you,mrbananas 2/25/05 11:19 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Neither have you,Count Zero 2/25/05 11:36 a.m.
                                                                       Crates, and other stuffscarab 2/25/05 3:47 p.m.
     PopJillybean 2/25/05 7:05 a.m.
           -tacular! *NM*BOLL 2/25/05 7:55 a.m.
           Re: PopPeptuck 2/25/05 8:39 a.m.
                 Oops! Didn't mean to sound rude....Peptuck 2/25/05 12:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.