Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Chiron
Posted By: Wado SGDate: 9/4/04 10:10 a.m.

In Response To: Re: One Major Problem (Metatron)

: A correction I need to point out is my translation of Chiron. In Greek, it
: actaully means a wise and kindly centaur; teacher of many Greek heros. A
: Centaur is a moster that has the head, arms, and chest of a man, and the
: body and legs of a horse.

: I sure you know who that sounds like... starts with CPO;)

: -Metatron

A secret training facility near Mars (UNSC space) or on Halo going by the name of Chiron. Well if you look at the "way" in which things are done, if you know of a place that you want to assault, you just might make a place to train that simulates the target.

For instance, the Spartan's trained to assault a Covenant ship and capture a Prophet. So they train in a place that emulates a ship and conditions as close to what the real thing would be like.

Perhaps that level of Chiron is set to emulate a Forerunner facility, perhaps even Halo. Say that you have some of the best trained and physically capable troops in all of the UNSC. Do you risk them on a long shot? Do you take them off of the front lines to train them months or years for a mission that may never happen? Do you risk losing them?

Cloning does exist in the Halo Universe. What is to say that more clones of the existing Spartans weren't made and then trained to fight rather than just live as a replacement for the "stolen" babies. Think like in the movie "Bladerunner" how the clones only lived a few years but that made them ideal as combat troops because not only were they stronger and faster (due to genetic manipulations) but they also were somewhat more expendible because they were going to die in a few years anyway.

So perhaps humans got a hold of some Forerunner technology and some idea of the layout of a Forerunner installation, and they created a simulation of those conditions. The difference is that instead of the actual Spartans doing the mission, clones of the Spartans were trained. Perhaps clones of ONE or just a FEW of the Spartans. Imagine an army of cloned Kellys, Johns, etc. on a mission to assault the control room of a Forerunner installation.

This is all done in secret and the existance of the Forerunner technology also kept secret (perhaps the UNSC has limited knowledge of how to build a teleportation grid from researching discovered Forerunner facilities).

-------

Now as to the name Chiron, there are many possible tie ins, of which this is just speculation but...

1) Centaurs were not human but half human. But according to Greek mythology, they were prone to get drunk and mate with human woman. The Centaurs were also much stronger and better at combat than humans.

2) The Greek gods were not the first and they were not the ones that created humans. Before the Greek gods, there were the Titans.

3) The connections between humans and Titans comes with Prometheus.

For when Zeus attempted to destroy the men of the Bronze Age through The Flood, Prometheus gave instructions to his son Deucalion 1, so that he could survive and mankind could start anew.

4) The connection between Centaurs and Prometheus is the Centaur Chiron. Not only was Chiron a wise Centaur and teacher to many human heroes, but Chiron gave up his immortality and died so that Prometheus could live.

"You also, dear father, who are now immortal and destined by the law of birth to last through all the ages, shall some day long for power to die, when you will be in agony with all your limbs burning with the fatal Hydra's blood. But at last, from immortal the gods shall make you capable of death, and the three goddesses shall loose your thread." [Ocyrrhoe 2 to Chiron. Ovid, Metamorphoses 2.649]

-------

Perhaps, now that little statement made by Cortana somewhere about the makers of Halo being giants and being imprisoned may come to light. Prometheus was imprisoned.

So just maybe long ago, humans are the offspring/creation of the Forerunner (Prometheus). The Forerunner were imprisioned by the "gods." These gods just may have something to do with the Covenant and like Zeus, attempted to kill off man kind with the Flood, but somehow the Forerunner saved the humans (like Prometheus did).

Now the Centaurs remind me a lot of Spartans, but perhaps they are also to include the "clones" of Spartans. Perhaps the clones are prone to violence and all sorts of problems due to the augmentations and cloning process. Great warriors, but not so great at living within the virtues of human compassion. One "Centaur" (John 117) is particularly wise (perhaps with the aid of Cortana to give him his wisdom).

Just maybe Chiron training facility is foreshadowing a mission where as the Spartans (or clones of Spartans) were going to attempt to free or rescue the Forerunner. The Forerunner is the only one that can save humanity, or at least the one that saved us before.

Just maybe then the Master Chief (John 117) with the aid of Cortana is our Halo Universe Chiron. But if Greek tragedy follows its sad story lines, this would mean that the Master Chief must die to save the Forerunner.

Even with time travel, it was stated that certain events cannot be avoided, they must happen. So the three ladies will lose the Master Chief's "thread" and how the heck to you make a Halo 3 without him?

Many questions left unanswered.

Message Index

Replies:

Clones and Lies: A Theory Worth ReadingMetatron 9/1/04 10:27 p.m.
     another long post worth reading... *NM*zeldincht 9/1/04 10:43 p.m.
     Re: Clones and Lies: A Theory Worth Readingzeldincht 9/1/04 10:50 p.m.
           Re: Clones and Lies: A Theory Worth ReadingMetatron 9/1/04 10:58 p.m.
     THEORY THIEF!Hextall27 9/1/04 11:00 p.m.
           Of course...Hextall27 9/1/04 11:08 p.m.
           Re: THEORY THIEF!Metatron 9/1/04 11:42 p.m.
                 Re: THEORY THIEF!Hextall27 9/2/04 10:47 a.m.
     Re: One Major ProblemAin Soph Aur 9/1/04 11:09 p.m.
           ONI knew of HaloMC vince 9/1/04 11:34 p.m.
                 Re: ONI knew of HaloPsycoJoe 9/2/04 12:19 a.m.
                       Re: ONI knew of HaloMetatron 9/2/04 12:37 a.m.
                             My reply (ot)PsycoJoe 9/2/04 9:58 a.m.
                                   Re: My reply (ot)Metatron 9/2/04 3:00 p.m.
                                         Re: My reply (ot)PsycoJoe 9/2/04 10:33 p.m.
           Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/1/04 11:38 p.m.
                 I remember somewhere...Saint 9/1/04 11:40 p.m.
                 Re: One Major ProblemAin Soph Aur 9/1/04 11:46 p.m.
                       Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/2/04 12:01 a.m.
                             I think you mean TL 34.Saint 9/2/04 12:03 a.m.
                             Re: One Major ProblemAin Soph Aur 9/2/04 12:12 a.m.
                                   Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/2/04 12:29 a.m.
                                         Re: One Major ProblemAin Soph Aur 9/2/04 12:40 a.m.
                                               Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/2/04 1:13 a.m.
                                                     Re: One Major ProblemAin Soph Aur 9/2/04 1:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/2/04 2:04 a.m.
                                                                 Re: One Major ProblemAin Soph Aur 9/2/04 2:18 a.m.
                                                                 Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/2/04 3:41 a.m.
                                                                       Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/2/04 4:05 a.m.
                                                                             Re: ChironWado SG 9/4/04 10:10 a.m.
                                                                                   Halo: Indeed a tragedy...Alex Cross 9/4/04 1:11 p.m.
                                               Search.Saint 9/2/04 7:38 a.m.
                                         Re: One Major ProblemtLove 9/2/04 3:07 p.m.
                                               Re: One Major ProblemMetatron 9/2/04 3:18 p.m.
           Chiron TL34K-man 9/2/04 4:46 a.m.
     Canon Fodder. *semi-long*Saint 9/1/04 11:37 p.m.
           Re: Canon Fodder. *semi-long*Metatron 9/2/04 3:54 a.m.
                 I wonder...Saint 9/2/04 7:33 a.m.
                       Edit.Saint 9/2/04 7:57 a.m.
                       Re: I wonder...Metatron 9/2/04 1:13 p.m.
                             Well...Saint 9/2/04 6:45 p.m.
     Lots of puzzles...Alex Cross 9/2/04 1:00 a.m.
           Re: Lots of puzzles...Metatron 9/2/04 1:43 a.m.
     Re: Clones and Lies: A Theory Worth ReadingKiGlow 9/2/04 1:42 a.m.
           Evil Masterchief = Spartan 117 clone?Steve_Oll 9/2/04 8:03 a.m.
                 If there's one thing I hate...Saint 9/2/04 8:06 a.m.
                       Re: I agree...Steve_Oll 9/2/04 8:13 a.m.
     Re: Clones and Lies: A Theory Worth Readingmonctezuma 9/2/04 10:45 a.m.
     Another problemgspawn 9/2/04 12:09 p.m.
           Re: Another problemMetatron 9/2/04 1:20 p.m.
                 But as I said...gspawn 9/2/04 4:47 p.m.
                       Re: But as I said...Metatron 9/2/04 6:22 p.m.
                       Re: But as I said...Ain Soph Aur 9/2/04 9:17 p.m.
           Re: Another problem *FS spoilers in this post*Beasty 9/3/04 12:05 p.m.
     Hey Metatron...Alex Cross 9/2/04 6:30 p.m.
           *Chrion is on MARS* *NM*zeldincht 9/2/04 10:48 p.m.
           Re: Hey Metatron...Metatron 9/3/04 5:23 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.