Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?
Posted By: Satan <porter_s@hotmail.com>Date: 5/10/03 1:34 a.m.

In Response To: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s? (Simpsons Rule)

I came to the same question playing through T&R(the level) only 2 days ago, where you enter the bridge and a yellow sword elite is up n the platform. Now as I have not read HtF, as it was back-ordered at Chapters, hopefully I'll have it tommorow, forgive me if I am a little lacking in knowledge. Now lets begin my hypothesis:

Reading this site, posts, and just speculation during Halo, covies stole forerunner technology, and from TFoR even humans don't understand the A.I. technology exactly. The only (known) way to create a AI is to, well just read the followong: "An AI's matrix was created by sending electric bursts through the neural pathways of a human brain. Those pathways were then replicated in a superconducting nano-assemblage"(TFoR P.235). It goes on to say how it destroys the brain, and so on dead brains were used. Cortana, though is a clone of Dr. Hasely's brain, but that is really not that important in this theroy.

With all that said, were comes the reasons covies have no AIs in no paticular order:

1. You must use dead brains, so in a sense you are either desecrating a body, or resurecting it, to make legions of the dead, a possible reason we, humans, are seen as the devil or evil like necromancers.

2. The structure of Forerunner brains is different, and so this process was never developed. If that is the case and Covenant stole their technology, then they would not know how to create AIs. That then brings to question where did 343 come from, and is he a "dumb"(single purpose) AI, like Deja, just to "monitor" Halo, and the Flood.

3. The structure of Forerunner brains is the same or close to Human brains, perhaps because we are possible desendants as many believe. But Covenant brains (most likely the floaty scientist things) are different, so even if the Covenant stole this technology, they couldn't manufacture their own AIs as they would have no source of compatible brains.

4. The Covenant detest any being more intelligent then them selves, as they mimic, they are not innovative like humans(we are smarter), Forerunner(no brainer, no pun intended) and "smart" AIs so they are out to kill.

5. They have not come accross enough samples to have sufficent data to copy the technology. I mean to say, you try to catch 343, not only is he fast, can hover to quite possibly any height, is indestructable, can hide in any of his little tunnels, can turn matter in to nothing or energy(as in the index on the library), but he can teleport to anywhere on Halo, but now imagine how hard it would be to catch a similar AI on a planet sized scale, impossible!

Now I know some of these are far fetched, but I figured I'd list all the things I came up with the other day and some just now in case they help anybody else come to a solution.

Later

Message Index

Replies:

Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Simpsons Rule 5/8/03 9:17 p.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Geary 5/8/03 9:51 p.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Brannon Boren 5/8/03 11:38 p.m.
           Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?telemachus 5/9/03 5:14 a.m.
                 Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Ryan Omark 5/11/03 7:00 p.m.
                       Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Geary 5/11/03 7:03 p.m.
           Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?AOClaus 5/9/03 11:19 p.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Wado SG 5/9/03 5:42 p.m.
           Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s? *NM*Hair 5/9/03 8:17 p.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?myrad_dragon 5/9/03 9:16 p.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Onyx Talons 5/9/03 10:17 p.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?g4v 5/9/03 10:35 p.m.
           Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Reiginko 5/10/03 1:02 a.m.
                 Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Reiginko 5/10/03 8:02 a.m.
                       Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?EmeraldElite 5/10/03 8:51 p.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Satan 5/10/03 1:34 a.m.
     Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Samurai Pizza Cat 5/10/03 6:10 p.m.
           Re: Where are the Covenant A.I.'s?Simpsons Rule 5/10/03 8:15 p.m.
           is there pilot in covy shipsvshields ash 5/11/03 2:27 a.m.
                 Re: is there pilot in covy shipsmanic 5/11/03 5:55 a.m.
                       Re: is there pilot in covy shipsvshields ash 5/11/03 6:23 a.m.
                             Bad experiencesArthur Wellesly 5/11/03 4:25 p.m.
                             Re: is there pilot in covy shipsmanic 5/11/03 7:07 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.