/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: hunter walky (and a musicquiz)
Posted By: •MDate: 2/26/05 12:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: hunter walky (Me_43)

And.... a hunterwalky
hunterwalky.mov quicktime 652 kb
(Bonuspoints for the name of the music, DMA excluded :) Backgroundtextures from AlephOne HighRes project.

There is a tricky animation-situation which is logical but unavoidable with interpolated stances instead of bones.
If the movement (say your arm giving a real swing) is turning to fast = has too few frames/extremes the arm will not rotate around your body like with bones, but it will shrink its size to halfway and grows again to reach the end of movement.
Solution is for complicated moves (say Pfhorfighter attacks with staff) to add more inbetween frames, divide the traject in smaller frames.
This adding of frames 'must' be editable/controlable for the wannabe-animator. So where can I add/delete frames? I also don't know how to set the animationspeed, this is doable for each frame? And the modelsize?
I'm very charmed that AOEngine takes the absolute position from meshworks.

On the plusside of (non-bone) interpolated animation is that explosions/blow-up clouds/shatter-fx are a real breeze to create. Meshwork has a funny but usual overlooked command which is Tense/Relax. These will blow each meshpoint from the center or smooth eachother towards it.
Another interesting one is to flip the model, it gets a bit like fighting the liquid shapeshifter from Terminator, heh.

: ...you could add a line to the prefs file (Under
: /scenario... or if that version doesn't have prefs files yet, add the line
: to the map, yes it will work)

: "PrefsFullscreen 0"
Huh? Tried some places to put that line, but as long as my trusty camera can take 'screenshots' there's no hurry.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!)Me_43 2/18/05 1:50 p.m.
     Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!sd 2/19/05 12:07 a.m.
           Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!Me_43 2/19/05 12:34 a.m.
                 Will it work with existing maps? *NM*Steve Levinson 2/19/05 5:11 a.m.
                       No, no and no. Converting, though... *NM*Me_43 2/19/05 11:07 p.m.
                             Re: No, no and no. Converting, though...Steve Levinson 2/20/05 3:23 p.m.
                                   Re: No, no and no. Converting, though...Me_43 2/20/05 11:57 p.m.
                 Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!sd 2/19/05 12:12 p.m.
     Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!Ori 2/19/05 9:14 a.m.
           Thanks! *NM*Me_43 2/19/05 10:58 p.m.
     Re: hunter walky•M 2/20/05 5:14 a.m.
           Re: hunter walkyMe_43 2/21/05 12:26 a.m.
                 Re: hunter walky _-[tr4nsl4tor 4ctive!]-_•M 2/21/05 7:25 a.m.
                       Re: hunter walky•M 2/21/05 12:35 p.m.
                             Re: hunter walkyMe_43 2/21/05 11:31 p.m.
                                   Re: hunter walky•M 2/22/05 11:46 a.m.
                                         Re: hunter walkyMe_43 2/22/05 7:12 p.m.
                                               Re: hunter walky (and a musicquiz)•M 2/26/05 12:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: hunter walky (and a musicquiz)Me_43 2/26/05 9:46 p.m.
                                                           Re: hunter walky (and a musicquiz) *NM*reni 1/26/06 5:43 p.m.
                 Re: hunter walkyD-M.A. 2/24/05 12:50 a.m.
                       Re: hunter walkyForrest of B.org 2/24/05 5:02 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.