/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: hunter walky
Posted By: •MDate: 2/20/05 5:14 a.m.

In Response To: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!) (Me_43)

: Err, I tried emailing but no response, so I'll have to resort to
: forum-messaging :( anyway...
You got then filtered as spam <:/

: Umm, you said you'd try animating the models with an E0-friendly setup or
: something, no? How's that going?
Besides standard whiney excuses (RL, flu, searching new job, yada yada) uhm...

Heh, you just added balconies (and possible bridges?) into the map (e0r5mac) and no-one goes ape-faeces :)
Awesome implications there. Also, I LOVE the particle-effects (hunter-blast).
What's up with the fluids? Are there TWO levels in the same room? (I see 2 different transparant levels besides the floor/ceiling?)
And the monsters have a real height of which you can bounce! awesome! And they can be pushed! Great stuff, maybe add a weight-factor too? Pushing a pfhor of a cliff is a no-brainer, but a hunter or a hulk could be more... challenging :)

I'm NOT a code-guy, I can do fancy stuff with fancy editors and there is already one bad culprit.
Editors are imho the life and breath of 3rd-party generated weirdo's.
The file-naming scheme structure of e0r5mac is a bit un-intuitive. Graphic1.bmp to xxx or modelx.mesh is getting complicated after a 20 or so monsters/weapons etc.
Model6.mesh is the hunter, but gets named m5 in the physics file? I would very much like a more conventional naming scheme, like hunter-2.mesh or so if possible, perhaps even structered in a folder-heirarchy? foler hunter has files hunter-walk.mesh, hunter-idle.mesh, etc)

The modeling and animating
lifted from older post:
: So, uh, 3d-stuff can be animated in E0? On a mac? How?

: Only on a mac actually... all you need to do is export the frame (in it's stance) to some crazy format,
: then re-import, then copy everything from "MATERIAL" or "UVS" (whichever comes first, i forget) from
: the original file (first frame of animation) to every other frame in their place.

Uhm again.
Build model in Meshwork (texture it, add bones and create different stances with the pose-window)
Export all stances as seperate models (name.mesh)
Open files in a raw-edit tool (BBEdit or so)
Copy something (??) and paste into...??

As I understand it, say a walk from a Hunter in 4 steps to complete the cycle, will be extrapolated in E0.
So a 4-step walky is 4 different files? (hunter_walk_1.mesh, hunter_walk_2.mesh, hunter_walk_3.mesh, hunter_walk_4.mesh) or is the animation-sequence just one file? (walky hunter is model5.mesh, hitting hunter is model6.mesh, dying hunter is model7.mesh etc (name-assigning becomes quite puzzling with your current set-up :))

How do I assign the walk-files to the engine in the physics1.txt?

m 5
mname Hunter
msequence 5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

msequence has a fixed row of actions? idle, walk, hit, being hit etc? -1 equals none?
What do the other parameters mean?

DO keep up the good works (and please be patient with the non-coding peeps like me)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!)Me_43 2/18/05 1:50 p.m.
     Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!sd 2/19/05 12:07 a.m.
           Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!Me_43 2/19/05 12:34 a.m.
                 Will it work with existing maps? *NM*Steve Levinson 2/19/05 5:11 a.m.
                       No, no and no. Converting, though... *NM*Me_43 2/19/05 11:07 p.m.
                             Re: No, no and no. Converting, though...Steve Levinson 2/20/05 3:23 p.m.
                                   Re: No, no and no. Converting, though...Me_43 2/20/05 11:57 p.m.
                 Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!sd 2/19/05 12:12 p.m.
     Re: To •M... (Also! Announcement on subject of E0!Ori 2/19/05 9:14 a.m.
           Thanks! *NM*Me_43 2/19/05 10:58 p.m.
     Re: hunter walky•M 2/20/05 5:14 a.m.
           Re: hunter walkyMe_43 2/21/05 12:26 a.m.
                 Re: hunter walky _-[tr4nsl4tor 4ctive!]-_•M 2/21/05 7:25 a.m.
                       Re: hunter walky•M 2/21/05 12:35 p.m.
                             Re: hunter walkyMe_43 2/21/05 11:31 p.m.
                                   Re: hunter walky•M 2/22/05 11:46 a.m.
                                         Re: hunter walkyMe_43 2/22/05 7:12 p.m.
                                               Re: hunter walky (and a musicquiz)•M 2/26/05 12:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: hunter walky (and a musicquiz)Me_43 2/26/05 9:46 p.m.
                                                           Re: hunter walky (and a musicquiz) *NM*reni 1/26/06 5:43 p.m.
                 Re: hunter walkyD-M.A. 2/24/05 12:50 a.m.
                       Re: hunter walkyForrest of B.org 2/24/05 5:02 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.