/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Now your're talking!
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 3/19/04 2:12 p.m.

In Response To: Now your're talking! (Steve Levinson)

Okay, let's see the list of scenarios in progress now (this is off the top of my head, so sorry if I exclude some):
WMaiD
Aftermath
Empires of Earth (of course I wouldn't forget THAT scenario)
Giotto Island
.....I can't think of any big ones in progress. Oh, Sigma, but that's almost done. Then again, so is WMaiD.

If we do actually make this big super scenario, we could build it upon Aftermath, as Aftermath is all art, with no story or maps. My idea is that we have everyone do what they're best at. Myself, I'm a mapper. Folks like Yossarian could be story development people. We would pretty much divide it into branches, those being: Maps, Art, and Story.

Overall, I'd just like to know, is this going to happen? Because if it is, then that Scenario News is going to have one hell of an update!

: Sorry if I offended anyone, but Adam got the point. The hardest thing to do
: in any scenario is to compromise. You all have your own ideas about what
: you thing would make a really cool scenario. Now if only you had the
: skills, time and drive to make it happen. If companies such as Bungie took
: years to release a game, they'd be left in the dust by the competition.
: Every game that Bungie produces is a collaborative effort, with a strategy
: team and several design teams. I'm sure that the relationships among team
: members was often contentious, and I'm sure that a lot of people were less
: than happy with the final result. I can hear it now - if only they'd used
: my idea, the game would have been so cool that everyone would have gone
: out and bought Macs and Bill Gates would be shining Steve Jobs' shoes
: today. Well, you get the idea.

: The best way to bring all of your great ideas to fruition is for you to pool
: your efforts, make use of the best of the work that has been done so far
: and come up with a strategy to integrate these into a greater whole. The
: story forum is probably not the best place to do this, but there is no
: reason that you can't form virtual teams with some of you working on a
: unifying story, orthers working on texture development, still others on
: new weapons and monster sprites and many of you working on map design. A
: lot of the work has probably already been done, the hard part now is
: fitting it all together. But I have every confidence that the readers of
: this forum can produce a Marathon TC that will blow the community away.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Check this outStarship Security Officer 3/17/04 5:11 p.m.
     Re: Check this outSiphonopho 3/17/04 5:47 p.m.
           Re: Check this outStarship Security Officer 3/17/04 5:50 p.m.
                 Re: Check this outSiphonopho 3/17/04 5:51 p.m.
     Re: Check this outBob-B-Q 3/18/04 4:33 a.m.
           Re: Check this outSteve Levinson 3/18/04 4:46 a.m.
           Re: Check this outJacke 3/18/04 9:08 a.m.
     OMG actual constructive criticism!!Yossarian 3/18/04 9:24 a.m.
           Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!Adam Ashwell 3/18/04 1:10 p.m.
           Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!Starship Security Officer 3/18/04 6:33 p.m.
                 Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!Steve Levinson 3/18/04 7:07 p.m.
                       Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!Elliott 3/18/04 7:40 p.m.
                       Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!D-M.A. 3/19/04 12:53 a.m.
                             Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!Adam Ashwell 3/19/04 11:48 a.m.
                                   Now your're talking!Steve Levinson 3/19/04 1:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/19/04 2:12 p.m.
                                               Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/19/04 4:38 p.m.
                                                     Let's Rip It Up!Adam Ashwell 3/19/04 5:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/19/04 5:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: Now your're talking!Elliott 3/19/04 6:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/19/04 6:19 p.m.
                                                                 Hold the happiness people.Yossarian 3/19/04 7:35 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Hold the happiness people.D-M.A. 3/19/04 10:02 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Hold the happiness people.Jacke 3/20/04 1:23 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Hold the happiness people.Adam Ashwell 3/20/04 3:15 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Hold the happiness people.the Battle Cat 3/20/04 8:11 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Hold the happiness people.Adam Ashwell 3/20/04 9:24 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Hold the happiness people.Andrew Nagy 3/20/04 2:52 p.m.
                                                           Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/19/04 10:14 p.m.
                                                     Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/20/04 12:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/20/04 1:21 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Now your're talking!Kirk 3/20/04 1:49 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/21/04 1:24 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/20/04 3:01 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/20/04 4:16 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/21/04 12:48 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/21/04 2:10 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Now your're talking!Kirk 3/21/04 8:14 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Now your're talking!Yossarian 3/21/04 4:31 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/21/04 5:21 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/22/04 1:53 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Now your're talking!Elliott 3/22/04 9:29 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/22/04 6:46 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/22/04 6:53 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/23/04 12:24 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/23/04 4:14 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/23/04 4:38 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/23/04 8:10 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/23/04 8:38 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/23/04 11:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/23/04 6:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/23/04 6:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Now your're talking!goran 3/24/04 1:50 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/24/04 2:55 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/24/04 11:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Now your're talking!Steve Levinson 3/24/04 11:52 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Now your're talking!Andrew Nagy 3/24/04 12:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Argh...I said "I guess" twice. [no message] *NM*Andrew Nagy 3/24/04 12:40 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Now your're talking!Adam Ashwell 3/24/04 12:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/24/04 12:56 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Now your're talking!D-M.A. 3/24/04 12:57 p.m.
                                   :ponders:Yossarian 3/19/04 1:46 p.m.
                                         Re: :ponders:Jacke 3/19/04 4:06 p.m.
                                   Sounds good to medeathmonger 3/19/04 6:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Sounds good to meAdam Ashwell 3/19/04 6:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Sounds good to meKirk 3/20/04 11:16 a.m.
                       Now, ALL YOU PEOPLE LISTEN HERE!!!Starship Security Officer 3/19/04 8:13 p.m.
                             PARTY PEOPLE RAISE YOUR HANDS IN THE AIRYossarian 3/19/04 8:29 p.m.
                                   You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Starship Security Officer 3/20/04 4:37 a.m.
                                         Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Steve Levinson 3/20/04 5:44 a.m.
                                               Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Adam Ashwell 3/20/04 5:49 a.m.
                                                     Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.deathmonger 3/20/04 6:23 a.m.
                                                           Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Adam Ashwell 3/20/04 6:24 a.m.
                                                                 Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Jacke 3/20/04 7:45 a.m.
                                                                       Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Adam Ashwell 3/20/04 9:45 a.m.
                                                                       Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.D-M.A. 3/20/04 1:35 p.m.
                                               Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Ernie 3/20/04 3:02 p.m.
                                                     Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Andrew Nagy 3/21/04 4:42 p.m.
                                         Re: You guys are just trying to get me to give up.Little Kago 3/22/04 8:26 p.m.
                                               Except Rubicon. *NM*Andrew Nagy 3/23/04 4:15 a.m.
                 Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!deathmonger 3/18/04 7:47 p.m.
                 Re: OMG actual constructive criticism!!Yossarian 3/18/04 7:57 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.