Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..
Posted By: Avateur <avateur@gmail.com>Date: 5/27/12 1:44 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives.. (DEEP NNN)

: But this is a series of games. A soon to be released game, in that series, is
: the centre of this discussion. How can a person truly be a fan of this
: series of games if we don't intend acquire and play it within a timely
: window of opportunity?

: As a fan of Halo games I intend to acquire Halo 4 normally, pay a normal
: retail price and play it.

: I do agree fandom can have an arbitrary bar set. In this case, I am of the
: opinion a true fan would pay the price required to support the continued
: creation of similar games.

: Again, appropriate limitations excepted.

I'm a true fan of Halo and I think that the marketing 343 Industries has done has been total and utter trash and I have very small hopes for multiplayer in Halo 4 (and am hardly impressed with many of their multiplayer decisions with Reach). This in no way, shape, or form makes me less of a Halo fan, less excited for Halo 4's launch, or even less excited to play Reach (preferably non-TU). At the same time, it doesn't mean I might be able to get Halo 4 on launch day depending on what's going on (there is an election and I may also have other obligations, and staying up all night to play might not be an option either by that point, but we'll see what happens by November).

Basically, as has seemed to have been the case lately with some games (Mass Effect 3 in particular), even though I have managed to have them in my possession on launch day, I've been unable to play them until practically a week later. I'm sure the ultra true hardcore fanatic would request such a day off from work, or midnight launch, or stay up all night to play, or all of the above! Does that mean I'm not a true hardcore diehard pwnagely fan? Hell no. It depends on how busy things are or what's going on, but that sure as hell doesn't make me any less of a fan because I didn't stay up all night playing it or was unable to actually even take it out of its plastic wrapping until well after others were able to play it

I think you're using way too narrow of a definition of what makes someone a "fanatic" or a "true fan" in this case, especially since you seem to be tying it to when something is actually purchased or used (and even then whether it was purchased new or purchased "used" regardless of economic circumstance).

And to be honest, if I felt like buying Halo 4 two months after launch, I would still be providing 343 Industries the same amount of brand new purchase money regardless, and my fandom would still be quite intact.

Message Index

Replies:

The trend of pre-order exclusives..pete_the_duck 5/26/12 9:37 a.m.
     Hey!Seraph XXVII 5/26/12 10:57 a.m.
           Hipstersayswhat?SonGoharotto 5/26/12 12:50 p.m.
     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Pkmnrulz240 5/26/12 2:54 p.m.
           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..SonofMacPhisto 5/26/12 3:03 p.m.
     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/26/12 4:07 p.m.
           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 4:23 p.m.
                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/26/12 4:46 p.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 5:14 p.m.
                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..SonofMacPhisto 5/26/12 8:22 p.m.
                                   Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 8:49 p.m.
                                         Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Metalingus627 5/26/12 11:53 p.m.
                                               Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 7:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 11:22 a.m.
                                                           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 1:07 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 1:16 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 1:46 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:23 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 10:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/28/12 7:21 a.m.
                                                           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:14 p.m.
                                               Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 12:56 p.m.
                                         Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Avateur 5/27/12 1:44 a.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/26/12 5:22 p.m.
                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..uberfoop 5/26/12 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Pkmnrulz240 5/26/12 10:12 p.m.
                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..uberfoop 5/26/12 10:34 p.m.
                                   Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/26/12 10:47 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.