Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..
Posted By: uberfoopDate: 5/26/12 10:34 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives.. (Pkmnrulz240)

: I think it would be appropriate to distance the term "fan" from
: "fanatic." In your situation, you would very clearly be a fan,
: not a fanatic. I too would be a fan. I didn't get to play Reach for a day
: or two because my 360 RRoD'd. My roommate definitely would have let me
: borrow his rarely-used Xbox to play on launch day, but I didn't bother
: asking. The lack of action on my part would classify me as a
: "fan," and not a "fanatic." That's not to say I
: haven't had some fanatical tendencies over the years (as has anyone who
: attended a midnight launch), but I think for fanaticism, it's one strike
: and you're out.

Yeah. That's one bit of criticism I'd level at DEEP NNN's post; his argument works pretty well if you agree to his choice of matching meaning between "fan" and "fanatic," but most people don't. Language is fluid, and it seems silly to stand up and argue that someone's argument is wrong because the way they connotated their argument does not agree with the connotation of a root of one of the words they used.

Message Index

Replies:

The trend of pre-order exclusives..pete_the_duck 5/26/12 9:37 a.m.
     Hey!Seraph XXVII 5/26/12 10:57 a.m.
           Hipstersayswhat?SonGoharotto 5/26/12 12:50 p.m.
     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Pkmnrulz240 5/26/12 2:54 p.m.
           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..SonofMacPhisto 5/26/12 3:03 p.m.
     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/26/12 4:07 p.m.
           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 4:23 p.m.
                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/26/12 4:46 p.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 5:14 p.m.
                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..SonofMacPhisto 5/26/12 8:22 p.m.
                                   Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 8:49 p.m.
                                         Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Metalingus627 5/26/12 11:53 p.m.
                                               Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 7:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 11:22 a.m.
                                                           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 1:07 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 1:16 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 1:46 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:23 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 10:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/28/12 7:21 a.m.
                                                           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:14 p.m.
                                               Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 12:56 p.m.
                                         Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Avateur 5/27/12 1:44 a.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/26/12 5:22 p.m.
                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..uberfoop 5/26/12 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Pkmnrulz240 5/26/12 10:12 p.m.
                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..uberfoop 5/26/12 10:34 p.m.
                                   Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/26/12 10:47 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.