Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..
Posted By: uberfoopDate: 5/26/12 4:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives.. (DEEP NNN)

: Joking and sarcasm aside, how can a person be considered a fan(atical) of a
: game if they don't intend to have the game on release day or as soon as
: reasonably available thereafter?

: I believe I would have stopped being a fan(atic) of a game if I bought it on
: second thought. I could still like it, but the fires of fanaticism must
: have gone out.

Not fully sure I agree. I probably could have had a playthrough or two of ODST prior to the summer of 2010, but between a mild lack of accessability and being in a bit of a Warcraft III period at the time, I didn't buy it until then. But I'm not sure I could be regarded as "not a Halo fan" during that time period, even if I wasn't very active in the community or gameplay at the time. Unless fandom can reasonably be considered sinusoidal at times. But that question leads to others. Like, are we talking about being fans of games, or fans of series, or of franchises? If I somehow dislike Halo 4 so much that I stop buying 343i's games, do I cease to be a Halo fan because I'm no longer current?

Message Index

Replies:

The trend of pre-order exclusives..pete_the_duck 5/26/12 9:37 a.m.
     Hey!Seraph XXVII 5/26/12 10:57 a.m.
           Hipstersayswhat?SonGoharotto 5/26/12 12:50 p.m.
     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Pkmnrulz240 5/26/12 2:54 p.m.
           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..SonofMacPhisto 5/26/12 3:03 p.m.
     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/26/12 4:07 p.m.
           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 4:23 p.m.
                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/26/12 4:46 p.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 5:14 p.m.
                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..SonofMacPhisto 5/26/12 8:22 p.m.
                                   Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/26/12 8:49 p.m.
                                         Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Metalingus627 5/26/12 11:53 p.m.
                                               Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 7:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 11:22 a.m.
                                                           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 1:07 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 1:16 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 1:46 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:23 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Cody Miller 5/27/12 10:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/28/12 7:21 a.m.
                                                           Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..DEEP NNN 5/27/12 2:14 p.m.
                                               Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/27/12 12:56 p.m.
                                         Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Avateur 5/27/12 1:44 a.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/26/12 5:22 p.m.
                 Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..uberfoop 5/26/12 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..Pkmnrulz240 5/26/12 10:12 p.m.
                             Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..uberfoop 5/26/12 10:34 p.m.
                                   Re: The trend of pre-order exclusives..General Vagueness 5/26/12 10:47 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.