Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Room
Posted By: uberfoop <atkinso2@seattleu.edu>Date: 5/8/11 10:17 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Room (SonGoharotto)

: Incidentally, I always wondered why none of the Marines were using the
: perfectly good Scorpion that's just sitting right there? What, none of
: them are trained in operating a tank?

Quite possibly, actually. Maybe Covenant ghost controls are more intuitive; that is, the marines thought they were more intuitive until they run you over ;)

: Quite the opposite. Cortana mentions the inclement weather at the start of
: the level. The Banshees never struck me as being particularly sturdy
: vehicles. If I made a mistake here, it's not specifying in the transcript
: that the snow storm above the canyons is too fierce for a Banshee to
: navigate.

: You could easily interpret the soft barrier as turbulence.

The incliment weather comment was probably about the incredibly harsh cold, since there sure as heck isn't much storminess in AotCR. You want it to be plausible, you're going to have to change what the upper atmosphere is like, since right now, if you fly into AotCR/TB's skies, you see calmly-moving fog (Except on a 360, where you see a hilariously ugly flat-fade effect. I sure ain't getting rid of my oXbox anytime soon.).

If you really want to explain it away with stormy weather, you're going to have to make it so that, as you go higher and higher, you run into stormy weather. Maybe some strong air swirlings extremely high up in the canyon. Kick the banshee about a little. Bonus points if it's so bad that, if the player ascends all the way to the barrier (which may need to be higher than the current one to make this work), they barely even notice it because their control over their aircraft sucks at that point anyway.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 9:31 a.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomJaydee 5/8/11 11:55 a.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 1:38 p.m.
           No, it wasn't.uberfoop 5/8/11 4:22 p.m.
                 Re: No, it wasn't.SonGoharotto 5/8/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: No, it wasn't.Louis Wu 5/8/11 4:55 p.m.
                       Re: No, it wasn't.uberfoop 5/8/11 5:12 p.m.
                             Besides...TDSpiral 5/8/11 6:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Besides...DHalo 5/8/11 7:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Besides...CaptainRaspberry 5/9/11 11:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Besides...SonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:33 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomthereIwasn't 5/8/11 2:54 p.m.
           Edit: Missed the Gauss on the SC post. My bad *NM* *NM*thereIwasn't 5/8/11 3:02 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 4:56 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 5:07 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 8:47 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomCaptainRaspberry 5/8/11 10:16 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 10:23 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:34 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 10:17 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:42 p.m.
                             Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/9/11 5:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.