Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Room
Posted By: CaptainRaspberry <jptaber@gmail.com>Date: 5/8/11 10:16 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Room (SonGoharotto)

: Incidentally, I always wondered why none of the Marines were using the
: perfectly good Scorpion that's just sitting right there? What, none of
: them are trained in operating a tank?

Actually, that's a perfectly good explanation. Tanks are very complicated machines and take a lot of extra training to qualify for operating one. That's why there are dedicated tank crews in the military: it's not a position that can be rotated in and out. In fact, I think the old Prima guide to Halo:CE points out that, without a Spartan behind the wheel, it takes at least two people to operate a Scorpion. (I might be misremembering; I know that's not the case in ODST, but maybe Mickey has special training.)

In the original game, the AI couldn't drive human vehicles (only Ghosts... which was really weird). Granted, with the AI boost from the Reach engine it wouldn't be unthinkable, but except for the aforementioned incident in ODST, I don't think I've ever seen an AI Marine get in a tank and drive it, even in Reach. If you leave the Scorpion alone on "The Package," I don't think the ODSTs start driving it.

However, it's an easy fix, even without the flipped tank. Just put a couple of dead pilot models next to the tank. Thus we have an explanation: the only crew certified to operate the tank is dead. In a modern battlefield situation, that's enough to consider an armor like a tank out of action for an operation.

Fan Fiction Archive

Message Index

Replies:

Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 9:31 a.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomJaydee 5/8/11 11:55 a.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 1:38 p.m.
           No, it wasn't.uberfoop 5/8/11 4:22 p.m.
                 Re: No, it wasn't.SonGoharotto 5/8/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: No, it wasn't.Louis Wu 5/8/11 4:55 p.m.
                       Re: No, it wasn't.uberfoop 5/8/11 5:12 p.m.
                             Besides...TDSpiral 5/8/11 6:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Besides...DHalo 5/8/11 7:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Besides...CaptainRaspberry 5/9/11 11:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Besides...SonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:33 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomthereIwasn't 5/8/11 2:54 p.m.
           Edit: Missed the Gauss on the SC post. My bad *NM* *NM*thereIwasn't 5/8/11 3:02 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 4:56 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 5:07 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 8:47 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomCaptainRaspberry 5/8/11 10:16 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 10:23 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:34 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 10:17 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:42 p.m.
                             Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/9/11 5:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.