Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Room
Posted By: SonGoharotto <SonGoharotto@gmail.com>Date: 5/8/11 4:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Room (thereIwasn't)

: You're setting yourself up for some dirty jokes there--might want to
: reconsider those lines.

Ha, true. But then, there's a proud traditional of sly innuendo in the Halo series, like the Hugging Elite, IWHBYD, and Johnson knowing "what the ladies like."

: Out of curiosity, I noticed the mention of the Spectre in there. It made me
: curious, you haven't brought up the Gauss Hog or the Revenant, yet I
: always picture AotCR as being the big vehicle level that you might use
: those vehicles on (I'd also say Two Betrayals, but while that would work
: with the Revenant, you wouldn't have anyone to man the Gauss). Do you
: picture later levels having to be changed to allow for more vehicle
: combat, or do you picture some vehicles getting cut?

Well, there's already a grand total of one Warthog in AotCR, which 9-times-out-of-10 will soon get passed up for the Scorpion.

Reasons for including the Spectre again are multi-fold. The player may not have bothered checking it out during The Silent Cartographer. Also, this area is supposed to have a minimal Marine presence, so you can't expect Foehammer to drop off fresh Hogs for you. Meanwhile, the Covenant have assumed a defensive posture in this area, so a troop carrier for light patrols is preferrable.

As for the Revenant, I don't think I'll be incorporating it into [R]Evolved. The way I see it, the Revenant is for moving in fast and delivering a hard blow to enemy lines. It's for taking territory, which is why it was effective on Reach.

The Spectre, however, is comparatively lightly armed and carries more troops. It's better suited for holding territory.

Halo Reach Service Record

Message Index

Replies:

Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 9:31 a.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomJaydee 5/8/11 11:55 a.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 1:38 p.m.
           No, it wasn't.uberfoop 5/8/11 4:22 p.m.
                 Re: No, it wasn't.SonGoharotto 5/8/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: No, it wasn't.Louis Wu 5/8/11 4:55 p.m.
                       Re: No, it wasn't.uberfoop 5/8/11 5:12 p.m.
                             Besides...TDSpiral 5/8/11 6:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Besides...DHalo 5/8/11 7:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Besides...CaptainRaspberry 5/9/11 11:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Besides...SonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:33 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomthereIwasn't 5/8/11 2:54 p.m.
           Edit: Missed the Gauss on the SC post. My bad *NM* *NM*thereIwasn't 5/8/11 3:02 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 4:56 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 5:07 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/8/11 8:47 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomCaptainRaspberry 5/8/11 10:16 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 10:23 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:34 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/8/11 10:17 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control RoomSonGoharotto 5/9/11 5:42 p.m.
                             Re: Halo [R]Evolved - Assault on the Control Roomuberfoop 5/9/11 5:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.