Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: MS's contol of Bungie?
Posted By: vector40 <vector40@aol.com>Date: 7/26/01 4:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: MS's contol of Bungie? (Zaknafein)

: look 'friend', u insulted me in ure earlier post, so i just replied in kind,
: so it should be YOU who should be watching his mouth.

When making unsubstantiated accusations, it's generally considered polite to provide a link, or at least the vaguest reference as to what the hell you're talking about.
In any case, I'm only nasty to those who need it. Therefore, you either needed it, or I was just needling you.

: yes, *you* did say that, but it only helps to show that u didnt fully
: understand what i was saying in my posts. u see, MS has an almost
: unlimited amount of money to put into its console, WHY would it care for a
: few bucks from a game going to PC/MAC? i want u to take a good, hard guess
: as to why MS bought bungie in the first place..yes, because of halo. they
: saw how much talk the game generated and needed a killer app to jump start
: their console in the market. u see, the benifit of an exclusive game is
: that, if u want to play it, u have to have the platform to support it,
: just look at GT3, even iv been tempted to get a PS2 for the game. halo's
: xbox selling power does the only thing that MS wants from it, sells
: xbox's. k, if u read my previous posts clearly, then u could prolly guess
: what im gunna say. MS WANTS TO DOMINATE THE CONSOLE MARKET. they dont
: really care about money, its just a means to get what they want. profit
: comes after their xbox has taken the industry. k, *if* halo isnt selling
: well because alot of ppl are waiting to get the PC/MAC version (cuzz itll
: be better =b), then MS (*if* they had major influence over bungie) *might*
: decide to make it an xbox exclusive.

I'm sorry. Obviously, I'm misunderstanding something. So, what you're saying is that Microsoft doesn't care about anything, especially money- the only thing they care about it is being powerful and controlling everybody? I understand.
Perhaps, though, if you'd looked a bit deeper into all of those MS flame wars on your precious Tech For Trolls forums, you'd have noticed that when everybody said "Microsoft wants to rule the world!" or "they're squeezing the life out of innovation", most of the posters were either 1) kidding, or 2) referring to Microsoft wanting POWER on order to make MONEY. POWER is utterly useless, unless you're a megalomaniac who gets off on that sort of thing. And while it's certainly possible that a few of MS's members are, do you really think they built an entire multinational corporation off people who want nothing but to rule the world?

: u made a point about how " there will always be people who will refuse
: to buy the XBox". but, tell me, how many of these ppl are there? the
: ppl who wont buy an xbox even if they wont get a chance at halo are
: usually die hard console haters or are interested in the competition.

Actually, it's the very large population who despises, or merely dislikes Microsoft and its products. The people who will not buy the XBox because it is made by Microsoft, either because they believe MS to be incompetent and incapable of a good product, or because they just don't like them. And while it's true that Halo for PC is being published by MS as well, it's not so obvious- you can run it on any computer, and people see it as Bungie making it, not Microsoft.

: if u'll notice from what i have said above (all the astricks and stuff), u
: will see that this is a very hypothetical discussion, therefore its not
: really going anywhere, sigh.

I see. So you're just hypothetically insulting me, and the unprovoked attack was just for sport?
: to all the other people who replied to my question, i was being as polite as
: possible (i take it u didnt even bother reading what they wrote), but u,
: as i stated above, insulted me first and i merely replied in kind.

Kind is hardly how I would describe it.

Message Index

Replies:

MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/25/01 2:18 p.m.
     Stupid rumors, don't believe him *NM*Yosr 7/25/01 2:37 p.m.
     Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/25/01 3:41 p.m.
     Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Theocracity 7/25/01 3:48 p.m.
           Re: Bundle Halo?Yosr 7/25/01 4:21 p.m.
           Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/25/01 4:47 p.m.
                 Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/25/01 5:05 p.m.
                       Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/25/01 6:04 p.m.
                             Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/25/01 8:41 p.m.
                                   Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/26/01 2:43 p.m.
                                         Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/26/01 4:41 p.m.
                                               Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/26/01 5:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Colin Berry 7/26/01 7:01 p.m.
                                                           Re: MS's contol of Bungie?MacAddict 7/27/01 8:48 p.m.
                                                                 Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Colin Berry 7/28/01 2:36 a.m.
                                                                       Re:READ ME COLIN BERRYMacAddict 7/29/01 10:51 p.m.
                                                                             Re:READ ME COLIN BERRYColin Berry 7/30/01 12:43 p.m.
                                                                                   Re:READ ME COLIN BERRY (again)MacAddict 7/31/01 12:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/26/01 7:30 p.m.
                                                           Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/26/01 7:33 p.m.
                                                                 Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Colin Berry 7/26/01 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/26/01 10:50 p.m.
                                                                 Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/26/01 11:09 p.m.
                                                                       Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Colin Berry 7/27/01 5:12 a.m.
                                                                             Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Louis Wu 7/27/01 9:49 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Longshot 7/27/01 10:35 a.m.
                                                                                   Free associationColin Berry 7/27/01 12:09 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/27/01 3:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: MS's contol of Bungie?MacAddict 7/27/01 8:54 p.m.
                       Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Cunbelin@Work 7/25/01 6:27 p.m.
                             Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/25/01 8:18 p.m.
                             Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/25/01 8:36 p.m.
                                   Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Cunbelin The Evil Slave Driver 7/26/01 12:05 a.m.
                             Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Matt 7/26/01 4:53 p.m.
                                   Matt Hath Spoken (NM)Theocracity 7/26/01 8:40 p.m.
                                         Re: Matt Hath Spoken (NM)vector40 7/26/01 10:01 p.m.
                                   Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Deathwhore 7/27/01 9:45 a.m.
                                         Re: MS's contol of Bungie?vector40 7/27/01 3:12 p.m.
                                   Okay, put this one to bed. What about con trails?Noctavis =PN= 7/27/01 4:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Okay, put this one to bed. What about con traiColin Berry 7/27/01 5:35 p.m.
                                               Re: Okay, put this one to bed. What about con traivector40 7/27/01 10:38 p.m.
                                                     PTA is an acronym for...Sound of Onion 7/28/01 12:00 a.m.
                                                           Presumably...vector40 7/28/01 1:00 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Presumably...Colin Berry 7/28/01 2:40 a.m.
                                                                       PETA and the PTANoctavis =PN= 7/31/01 8:29 p.m.
                                                                             Re: PETA and the PTAvector40 7/31/01 9:50 p.m.
                                         You learn somthing new every day...Yosr 7/27/01 6:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Okay, put this one to bed. What about con traiMatt 7/27/01 7:26 p.m.
                                         Re: Okay, put this one to bed. What about con traiMark Levin 7/27/01 7:58 p.m.
                                         Re: Okay, put this one to bed. What about con traivector40 7/27/01 10:43 p.m.
                 Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Theocracity 7/25/01 5:17 p.m.
                       Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/25/01 6:10 p.m.
     Re: John Hurt or the Alien [nt]•M 7/26/01 12:16 a.m.
           Bishop *NM*vector40 7/26/01 2:03 a.m.
                 Rook *NM*Captain Rimmer 7/27/01 9:38 p.m.
     Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Colin Berry 7/26/01 1:14 a.m.
           Re: MS's contol of Bungie?Zaknafein 7/26/01 2:46 p.m.
     He's lying!Speaker-To-Animals 7/26/01 10:18 a.m.
           Re: He's lying!Zaknafein 7/26/01 2:48 p.m.
           Re: He's lying!Matt Colville 7/27/01 2:11 a.m.
                 ::: s i g h :::mehve 7/27/01 3:05 a.m.
                 Re: He's lying!DeAdLy_cOoKiE 7/27/01 3:05 a.m.
                 Re: He's lying!vector40 7/27/01 3:17 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.