Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Once upon a time...
Posted By: Wado SGDate: 5/18/04 2:32 p.m.

In Response To: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to Death (Anton P. Nym (aka Steve))

Just before E3, as the people waited for news of Halo 2, an innocent idea came about. This idea was a meme to the Bungie community. A great crusade of intellect and talent sought to find the truth. To arms, to arms, they did march on forum in mass. What started as an act of great love for just one, now was sought by the hearts of men and women alike.

It was like a diamond in the sky, just out of reach but never out of sight. Some that strayed from the path were driven by lust, to equate the prize to a beautiful woman. The want and desire of fame and the hunt was on.

Many who found the truth of the prize in the end claimed damages, yelled fraud, and complained the prize was not what it was made out to be. They were bitter. However, many more found the whole experience to be enlightening, to have brought the community together, and they were thankful, and they rejoiced.

But what was this prize? It was what it always had been, simply a wonderful act of love and tribute to a special person in the heart of one Bungie developer.

What, did I fool you, did you think I was talking about Enkidu? Did I mislead you in any way? Possibly yes, but whose fault is that?

No, I do not speak of Enkidu, I speak of the MEGG.

Many things can lead to frustration and bitterness, but life is often too short to live in regret. Enjoy those simple pleasures of life while you can. A hunt for the MEGG, the story of Enkidu in the Halo universe... the sunny day at the beach with children laughing in the background.

In the end, don't look at the prize, judge by the path you took to get there. That is where the truth is, not at the end, but in the path. Be grateful for happy and challenging experiences, and appreciate the simple things.

I have no regrets for the great MEGG hunt, nor do I have regrets for the great speculation surrounding Enkidu.

A wonderful job to you, Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) and Louis, for a great time I had with Enkidu and a big thanks too.

Life is just too short to live in internal conflict. If you can't laugh at yourself for foolish things done and strive to do better next time, if you can't smile and accept life as it is dished to you at times, what is the point of it all?

Thanks to all for reading this.

Message Index

Replies:

Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/17/04 9:05 p.m.
     Quoth the angelColopatiron 5/17/04 9:15 p.m.
     I am kicking myself for one small thing...Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/17/04 11:23 p.m.
     I'll sum up what I sawMiguel Chavez 5/18/04 12:11 a.m.
           :pTraize 5/18/04 12:43 p.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathCarlo 5/18/04 1:31 p.m.
           Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/18/04 8:42 p.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathAnonymous Coward 5/18/04 1:33 p.m.
     I still don't get it...BloodBlade 5/18/04 1:49 p.m.
           Re: I still don't get it...Tarrsk 5/18/04 2:19 p.m.
     (Mis)informed opinion, a letter to Anton.gspawn 5/18/04 2:21 p.m.
           Re: (Mis)informed opinion, a letter to Anton.mnemesis 5/18/04 3:01 p.m.
                 Re: (Mis)informed opinion, a letter to Anton.Count Zero 5/18/04 5:49 p.m.
                       Living in DenialNarcogen 5/20/04 12:28 a.m.
                             Re: Living in DenialWado SG 5/20/04 3:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Living in DenialNarcogen 5/21/04 5:58 a.m.
                                         Re: Living in Denialmnemesis 5/21/04 1:29 p.m.
                                               Re: Living in DenialWado SG 5/21/04 2:41 p.m.
                 Re: (Mis)informed opinion, a letter to Anton.Zaknafein 5/18/04 6:17 p.m.
           Re: (Mis)informed opinion, a letter to Anton.Louis Wu 5/18/04 3:17 p.m.
     Once upon a time...Wado SG 5/18/04 2:32 p.m.
           Re: Once upon a time...Dark Bastion 5/18/04 7:06 p.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to Deathdoesitmatter?no 5/18/04 3:34 p.m.
           Extraordinary claims / exraordinary evidenceCENOBITE 5/18/04 4:20 p.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathAeroJonesy 5/18/04 4:00 p.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathrAgn4rokK 5/18/04 4:52 p.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathDark Bastion 5/18/04 6:41 p.m.
           Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/18/04 8:57 p.m.
                 Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathDark Bastion 5/19/04 12:01 a.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathNamaste 5/18/04 10:00 p.m.
     Re: Suspension of Disbelief.. But Not to DeathHaesslich 5/19/04 2:16 a.m.
     Ok, but...Narcogen 5/20/04 7:14 a.m.
           Re: Ok, but...Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/20/04 7:36 a.m.
                 Re: Ok, but...Narcogen 5/20/04 11:50 p.m.
           Blaspheme Quarantined?[BGH]Viper 5/20/04 10:19 p.m.
     Fantastic, Marathon-like jobKen 5/20/04 11:02 p.m.
           Re: Fantastic, Marathon-like jobAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/21/04 6:13 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.