Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype
Posted By: CaneCutter <can3cutt3r@gmail.com>Date: 4/19/12 5:34 p.m.

In Response To: Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype (Leviathan)

: I'm actually surprised about how much stuff we do know. Some folks are
: complaining about not being told enough, while I'm already debating
: quitting the internet until Nov. 6th.

: It's kind of weird how all video games release so much information
: pre-release these days (or maybe they always have...). At least, compared
: to say, most films, where the official material released before hand are a
: few promotional stills and a couple of trailers.

: Maybe I'm just behind the times and every medium is expected to continually
: give out information years out from its release... It's just sort of
: weird, the way people now crave for every little detail of upcoming
: entertainment releases. Don't people like surprises? Or want to give an
: artist a chance to perform his whole bit before throwing tomatoes at him?

: I remember when shots of Catwoman from Dark Knight Rises came out a while
: back and some folks had a hissy fit. It's entitlement issues, yes, but
: it's also just mind boggling - why do people logically jump the gun on
: things they haven't experienced yet?

: It's like people writing lab reports when they haven't even finished the
: experiment...

I think a lot of it has to do with the culture shift we've seen over the last 20 years or so. Fast food, iPods, gameboys, The Internet!!!, etc. have made us crave/expect everything instantly or dang close to it. We're constantly plugged in whether it be tv, music or whatever. And people love to have that new, shiny info that nobody else has. I know I do. Plus, you can be closely connected to developers in forums and whatnot and I think that makes people feel, albeit in a weird way, partly responsible for how stuff gets made. Which then leads to entitlement, methinks.

-CC. When was the last time you had a whole day unplugged from technology? Maybe it would do us all some good once and a while.

Message Index

Replies:

A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 3:35 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/18/12 4:10 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 11:05 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/19/12 8:43 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 9:22 a.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLeviathan 4/19/12 4:58 p.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/19/12 5:34 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:39 p.m.
                                               Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/22/12 10:22 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/19/12 10:39 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/20/12 9:22 a.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:38 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:02 p.m.
                                               Confirmed: Louis Wu to shovel cow manure in Halo 4General Vagueness 4/22/12 10:57 p.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:25 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:01 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/18/12 9:23 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 10:54 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 1:59 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/19/12 4:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.