Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype
Posted By: RC MasterDate: 4/18/12 10:54 p.m.

In Response To: Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype (DrDoctor)

: I am wondering... Are you only marked as the king when you're the point
: leader AND on a spree?

I don't think so. Wouldn't that defeat the stated purpose of providing direction? Since when the king has zero or 1 kills there would be no waypoint? I mean they haven't gone into great detail so I had to assume a lot and you may very well be right still.

: That would make a "King"'s life pretty
: short but it wouldn't necessarily require any incentives to BE king. The
: gametype you're describing is ALMOST juggernaut meets Headhunter.

I got quite a few Headhunter vibes when thinking about it too :)

: I'd be willing to see how it plays without the tweaks before making a judgement.

Theres a lot you can still surmise with enough experience with similar modes even without playing. Unfortunately, really trying it is still 7 months away!

: Also, the incentive to being the king might just but that you could easily
: pick off the people that will come out of the woodwork just to knock you
: down.

Easily? You're at a distinct disadvantage since everyone knows your position, but you just have normal eyesight and motion tracker to rely on. Plus there is the risk with giving away lots of points with your death.

Message Index

Replies:

A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 3:35 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/18/12 4:10 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 11:05 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/19/12 8:43 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 9:22 a.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLeviathan 4/19/12 4:58 p.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/19/12 5:34 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:39 p.m.
                                               Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/22/12 10:22 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/19/12 10:39 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/20/12 9:22 a.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:38 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:02 p.m.
                                               Confirmed: Louis Wu to shovel cow manure in Halo 4General Vagueness 4/22/12 10:57 p.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:25 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:01 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/18/12 9:23 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 10:54 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 1:59 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/19/12 4:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.