Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype
Posted By: DrDoctor <bwwardiii@gmail.com>Date: 4/19/12 9:22 a.m.

In Response To: Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype (Louis Wu)

: I find, more and more, that I'm grumpy about the attitude of entitlement I'm
: seeing here. And I'm sad, because it's TOTALLY not about how people are
: trying to dive into speculation of things we know little about. That's how
: this site started - if you read the first couple of years of posts on this
: board, you'll find some pretty far-out guesses. ("Pass the
: crack-pipe" was a common way of saying "I'm about to go out on a
: limb here.")

: I guess the difference is the attitude of the speculators. 12 years ago, we'd
: take what we knew, and we'd breathlessly extrapolate (often in insane
: ways) to what that might mean in the actual game. It was FUN.

: Now, we take what we know, we extrapolate, and WE GET MAD AT THE DEVELOPER
: THAT WE DON'T KNOW MORE.

I have to agree that sometimes people sound entitled. I, for one, have always just assumed that people's words were not as strong as the way they actually felt. But one shouldn't have to assume that. When people come off as entitled about something, even if we think they might not actually feel that way, then it makes a more hostile environment for discussion.

In any case, if it's any consolation, I understand the way they have to break info to people can sometimes seem messed up from our end at first brush. I understand that if they give us too much information that it will all be taken as a promise and people will rage like crazy when it doesn't ship the way it was described months before the game went gold. So I just enjoy the speculating and try to ignore the posts of people getting all angsty about it.

Come to think of it. That did burn me once. With the whole custom games browser thing.

Worst case scenario, I buy Halo 4 day 1 and trade it in a week later because I don't like it. That won't happen though.

Message Index

Replies:

A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 3:35 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/18/12 4:10 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 11:05 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/19/12 8:43 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 9:22 a.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLeviathan 4/19/12 4:58 p.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/19/12 5:34 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:39 p.m.
                                               Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/22/12 10:22 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/19/12 10:39 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/20/12 9:22 a.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:38 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:02 p.m.
                                               Confirmed: Louis Wu to shovel cow manure in Halo 4General Vagueness 4/22/12 10:57 p.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:25 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:01 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/18/12 9:23 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 10:54 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 1:59 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/19/12 4:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.