Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 4/19/12 8:43 a.m.

In Response To: Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametype (RC Master)

: This is why partial details of features are a bad thing...

rofl - it's only 'a bad thing' if you're trying to write an in-depth article on a new game-mode that's been mentioned twice for a game that's still 6 months from release. :)

(In other words, for most of us, partial features made us say "wow, that sounds cool/stupid/awesome/lame" (obviously depending on how it affected you) and move on to the next bit of info. :)

I find, more and more, that I'm grumpy about the attitude of entitlement I'm seeing here. And I'm sad, because it's TOTALLY not about how people are trying to dive into speculation of things we know little about. That's how this site started - if you read the first couple of years of posts on this board, you'll find some pretty far-out guesses. ("Pass the crack-pipe" was a common way of saying "I'm about to go out on a limb here.")

I guess the difference is the attitude of the speculators. 12 years ago, we'd take what we knew, and we'd breathlessly extrapolate (often in insane ways) to what that might mean in the actual game. It was FUN.

Now, we take what we know, we extrapolate, and WE GET MAD AT THE DEVELOPER THAT WE DON'T KNOW MORE.

It's a complete shift in mindset, and it's really starting to grate. :(

Message Index

Replies:

A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 3:35 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/18/12 4:10 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 11:05 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/19/12 8:43 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 9:22 a.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLeviathan 4/19/12 4:58 p.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/19/12 5:34 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:39 p.m.
                                               Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeCaneCutter 4/22/12 10:22 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/19/12 10:39 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/20/12 9:22 a.m.
                                   Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:38 p.m.
                                         Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:02 p.m.
                                               Confirmed: Louis Wu to shovel cow manure in Halo 4General Vagueness 4/22/12 10:57 p.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/12 6:25 p.m.
                             Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeLouis Wu 4/21/12 9:01 p.m.
     Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/18/12 9:23 p.m.
           Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeRC Master 4/18/12 10:54 p.m.
                 Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypeDrDoctor 4/19/12 1:59 a.m.
                       Re: A discussion of Halo 4's "Regicide" gametypemc_leprechaun 4/19/12 4:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.