glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!
Posted By: BINARYGOD <jameshulsmann@gmail.com>Date: 5/29/07 4:44 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners! (mrbananas)

: Come to think of it, this reminds me alot of that hint that was given a long
: time ago "who or what would wear a halo?"

: In a way, the prophets could be seeing the forerunners as something like
: angels and seeing humanity as the fallen angels/demons. just linking the
: fact that angels wear halos and the forerunner built halos.

: However i don't think that the prophet of truth knows the entire story. He
: may know that halo kills all life and that humans are descended from the
: forerunners. But he might not know what the forerunners plans were, and
: may be under the belief that halo causes a judgment day that leads the
: worthy to salvation and that humans must be the fallen unworthy
: forerunners. : according to my theory, if thats what your going by, The humans are in truth
: the forerunners salvation and reclaimers. They are the only survivors of
: the galaxtic massacure of defeating the flood.

: In the end this would still allow the prophets to be under the influence of a
: religious belief (somewhat different from the rest of the covenant) and
: not just so evil villian doing evil for the sack of evil.

I dont beleive I implied or said that its evil for the sake of evil - as I dont think it is. The prophets know more then the rest of the covenant, possibly because they dont trust the rest of the covenenat to still follow the path to salvation if they know the truth. How likely would it be that the entire covenant enjoy wiping out humanity if they knew that humanity was or was related to the forerunners? Even if the prophets said "the fact that they were left behind proves they are not worthy" - it might cause much upheaval that the prophets dont want to risk. I bet a fair share of the Elites would not have enjoyed human genocide if they knew human were in some way forefunner or related to.

But Truth, on the other hand, is a shady jirk. He isnt evil for the sake of evil, he is evil in terms of selfishness. He wants the great jounry to start, and he is willing to lie and betray in order to make sure he gets to it.

I bet you not even the other prophets are away that it was Truth that orderd the murder of the Arbiter and the rest of the Elite councel.

I dont think he does it out of pure evil, I think he just has very selfish motives - as long as HE get to go on the great jounrey, it probably doesnt matter who else comes. To him, everyone else, including perhaps other prophets, are merely tools to him. Means to an end. I think how easy he lets Mercy die is proof of that.

Truth just comes off as overly calm and cool, even when the other prophets are showing outrage over something - like the destruction of the first Halo.

He reminds me of Emperor/Senator Palpatine from Star Wars - only instead of being inspired by pure evil and power lust - its a far less sinister, yet just as selfish, desire to go on the great journey at all costs - even if it means everyone but him.

I just don't quite understand why he, and perhaps the other Prophets, instigate civil war by having the Brutes take out the Elites:

TARTARUS: A bloody fate awaits you and the rest of your incompetent race... and I, Tartarus!, Chieftain of the Brutes, will send you to it.

ARBITER: When the Prophets learn of this, they will take your head!

Tartarus: Learn of it? (laughs) Fool, the ordered me to do it.

I especially love how Truth is talking about unity and how the great journey is upon everyone while he knows full well that there is a civil war and that the FLood are ravaging all of High Charity.

BUT - who knows, I am eager to see how H3 proves or disproves any of our speculation... Thos grpahics novels that arent out yet that cover the event between Halo 2 and the Beginning of Halo 3 will be most interesting to read - especially as it seem H3 does not pick up RIGHT after the enents of Halo2. That actaully seems rather odd to me given H2's ending.

Message Index

Replies:

Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!BINARYGOD 5/28/07 6:08 p.m.
     Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!Captain Jack 5/28/07 6:40 p.m.
           Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!BINARYGOD 5/28/07 6:51 p.m.
                 Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!Captain Jack 5/28/07 7:03 p.m.
     Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!Arturs Pocapinskis 5/28/07 6:50 p.m.
     Also - It's obvious what the Ark is, thenBINARYGOD 5/28/07 6:56 p.m.
           NoIzzinatah 5/29/07 1:19 a.m.
                 Re: NoBINARYGOD 5/29/07 4:06 p.m.
                       Re: NoAOClaus 5/30/07 4:55 p.m.
                             Re: NoBINARYGOD 5/30/07 5:11 p.m.
                                   Re: NoAOClaus 5/30/07 9:52 p.m.
     Interesting...Coweh 5/28/07 7:56 p.m.
     Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!mrbananas 5/28/07 11:19 p.m.
           Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!BINARYGOD 5/28/07 11:56 p.m.
                 Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!mrbananas 5/29/07 4:17 p.m.
                       Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!BINARYGOD 5/29/07 4:44 p.m.
     Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!Omega 5/29/07 1:41 a.m.
           Re: Prophets know that Humans are Forerunners!BINARYGOD 5/29/07 4:18 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.