/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Relationship woes of Ernie
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 6/15/02 6:21 p.m.

In Response To: Relationship woes of Ernie (Ernie)

: I dont want to RISK anything. Its like this: If you have money (self esteem),
: and had the change to go for a double or nothing gambling wager (ask
: attractive girl out, + win her over, or lose alot of selfesteem), what
: would you pick?

: Personally, I always wait until I know the girl is attracted to me. Then
: Its easy as hell from there.

That's what the point of the nonverbal flirting is. Make eye contact, see if you can get her to smile back at you, and if she's not rolling her eyes and turning her back to you, there's a good chance that she's at least open to getting to know you. Then you can feel safe in verbally asking her if she'd like to dance/have dinner/see a movie/whatever the situation is.

: May I point everyone to my 'deadjournal' @
: http://www.deadjournal.com/users/durandal/
: It covers the turmoil I went through with dating a girl I met in my store. It
: was a great relationship, then.. well take a read. Let me know if this
: kind of behavior has ever happened with someone else.

Yep, definitely. First girl I ever dated regularly (I don't count her as my first girlfriend, because she apparently never considered us a couple) never really seemed all that interested in me, but she always wanted to go out whenever I invited her. I finally confronted her about it, and apparently she 'wasn't actually interested in a relationship right now'. ('Well then! I guess you're just interested in free dinner/movies/etc, right?' Would explain why she never wanted to go on any quiet romantic picnics at the beach or anything). So I just stopped calling her.

My first (and more recent) actual girlfriend, Laura, broke up as I have mentioned because she wanted more time to herself. I offered to just leave her alone more often, that doesn't mean we have to break up entirely, but apparently she thought it did, and wouldn't listen to any reasoning otherwise. Girls are just like that sometimes... [sigh]

: I seem to be able to talk with and get into that dating mode with girls
: younger than me (grades 9-10). I find alot of girls around own age (give
: or take 1 year) are all alreddy dating. My my case, many of them are
: dating men who are 20-25. :(
: Its a sad, lame excuse why I'm not dating girls my own age, but I get that
: feeling that I'm 'out of place'.

I had that a lot too... most of my life I feel like I've been waiting for everybody else to grow up. Probably explains why I've only ever dated older women. And even THEY always turn out too immature for me in the end. It probably sounds really weird coming from a guy (though judging by the other guys here, maybe not), but how come none of the girls out there want to commit to a long-term relationship? (That is, besides the ones that are ALREADY in a long-term relationship. Or rather, besides those already in a long-term relationship that you can't steal them away from. Trust me, if you ever get a chance to steal a girl from someone else, don't. Besides being mean to the other guy, girls like that usually aren't worth it in the end).

: -In regards to a previous post, I wouldn't have issues going to bars to me
: women, but other than the fact I hate that kind of music (I'd be in my
: own personal hell listening to Hiphop/gangsta rap for hours on end) and
: the smokey atmosphere (I'll drink, no issues there)that is in bars...
: That kind of socalizations is ruled out for me.

Which is why you have to find hobbiests interested in the same kinds of things that you are. I'm finding a good crossover clique with geekdom are renfaire chicks, who are often very hot and almost always very sexual, and are usually up-front enough to let you know they're interested in you and not play any silly games about it. Both Laura, my ex, and Lauren, the girl I'm currently waiting on, are into renfaire stuff.

: I find I have to really really like the girl before asking them out.

You have to like them, sure, but so long as there's not something glaringly wrong that you know you'll never tolerate - like if she's a smoker and you can't stand smoke, etc - then it's usually worth it to at least give it a shot, if there's any chemistry there at all.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Ok...what's up with that?Dorfie 6/11/02 4:59 p.m.
     Re: Ok...what's up with that?Mazilurik 6/11/02 5:41 p.m.
           Re: Ok...what's up with that?Vid Boi 6/12/02 4:38 a.m.
           Heh...oops...Dorfie 6/12/02 6:30 a.m.
                 Re: Heh...oops...Jacke 6/12/02 10:59 a.m.
                       Re: Heh...oops...Vid Boi 6/12/02 12:03 p.m.
                             Re: Heh...oops...Boomer 6/12/02 2:24 p.m.
                                   I smell idiot magnet:) *NM*Tru7h 6/12/02 2:43 p.m.
                                         U must have your nose to close to ur mom ;) *NM*Boomer 6/12/02 2:45 p.m.
                                         Or maybe...Vid Boi 6/12/02 3:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Or maybe...Boomer 6/12/02 3:11 p.m.
                                   I'm sorry about this post, it's late:Vid Boi 6/12/02 3:30 p.m.
                                         Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/12/02 3:43 p.m.
                                               Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/12/02 3:45 p.m.
                                                     Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTForrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:33 p.m.
                                                           Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/15/02 1:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Heh...oops...Mazilurik 6/12/02 3:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/12/02 4:22 p.m.
                                               Re: Heh...oops...Boomer 6/12/02 5:39 p.m.
                                                     Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/12/02 9:03 p.m.
                                                           Heh.Djof 6/13/02 8:28 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Heh.REB 6/14/02 8:50 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Heh.Djof 6/15/02 8:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Heh.REB 6/16/02 8:05 a.m.
                                                           Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/13/02 9:55 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/14/02 8:52 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/14/02 11:14 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Heh...oops...Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 2:41 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/14/02 4:21 p.m.
                                                           Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/13/02 11:24 p.m.
                                                                 Ummmmm ...Jester 6/13/02 11:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Ummmmm ...Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 2:21 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Ummmmm ...Jester 6/14/02 5:38 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/14/02 3:25 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Sex Tips for GeeksTru7h 6/14/02 5:54 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:26 p.m.
                                                                             Relationship woes of ErnieErnie 6/15/02 11:36 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 1:15 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Relationship woes of Ernieernie 6/15/02 3:03 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 4:44 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 7:58 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieForrest of B.org 6/15/02 6:21 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/15/02 11:46 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/15/02 6:30 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/16/02 8:48 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/19/02 4:28 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/17/02 2:08 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for GeeksErnie 7/2/02 5:04 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for GeeksJacke 7/3/02 6:27 a.m.
                                                                                         Whoops. Thanks for the correction. :) NMErnie 7/4/02 5:31 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/14/02 9:06 a.m.
                                                                 The REAL Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/15/02 12:59 a.m.
                                                           STFG, Part IIForrest of B.org 6/13/02 11:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: Heh...oops...Vid Boi 6/14/02 7:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Heh...oops...Tru7h 6/12/02 6:59 p.m.
                 I have the best one.Djof 6/12/02 6:14 p.m.
                       ...Djof 6/12/02 6:16 p.m.
                             Re: ...Vid Boi 6/12/02 11:11 p.m.
                       Re: I have the best one.Dorfie 6/13/02 8:58 a.m.
                             Re: I have the best one.Boomer 6/13/02 10:04 a.m.
                       Re: I have the best one.Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:35 p.m.
     I think it's time /dev/null this thread *NM*Vid Boi 6/15/02 12:12 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.