/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Heh...oops...
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 6/14/02 2:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Heh...oops... (Yossarian)

: Heh heh...believe me, its not that I CAN'T...it's that I (gasp!) WON'T...it's
: a matter of principle to me...has to do with personal freedom, integrity,
: etc.

That's actually very similar to me, and why I spent so many years thinking about girls but never doing anything about them. I live in a town with a population of 8,202, most of whom are middle-aged people with families, old retired people in old-retired-people's homes, or really young kids. We have one jr. high and one high school in the entire district, and virtually no 20-somethings live here because they all move to where more 20-somethings are as soon as they're old enough to do so.

This means that almost anybody in dating age in Ojai has a pathetically small pool of people to choose from, most of whom are either skinheads or potheads, and the few who aren't are simply "normal", average people who aren't exceptional in any particular way and who's favorite hobbies are either playing team sports, or watching TV. There are no intellectuals here, nobody with any actual hobbies, nobody who would share any sort of common interest in me (at least in my age group). So until I started getting out of town, there were hardly any girls that I really WANTED to try for. Plenty of hot girls, a couple of whom I got to know and whose lives I started to work my way into, but none of them ever really clicked with me well enough to be more than friends.

But there's another side to it... I was never looking for any sort of casual relationship. I looked at girls as future-mother-of-my-children kind of material, someone I could spend my entire life with, and if they didn't seem absolutely PERFECT right off the bat I wouldn't pay any attention to them. But a year or two ago I realized that if you're always aiming for the end you're never gonna make it. Love is a windy mountain road: you can't just drive in a straight line to your destination, and if you try you'll just wind up crashing off a cliff over and over again. You just coast along, turning wherever there's somewhere to turn to, and hopefully you'll wind up where you want to go in the end.

So basically, the attitude I've taken is that I still want that perfect long-term relationship with The One, but I'll take whatever I can get while waiting for it, because that's the only way I'll ever have a chance of meeting The One. I try to keep as large a group as possible of girls who are just aquaintances or friends or whatever relationship they want to have with me, just to have more paths to turn down should the one I'm on hit a dead end. I'm currently waiting for the light to turn green down a particularly attractive road...

: Like anything, there's personal preferences. I don't want anyone else in my
: life and I can't see that realistically changing...some people say that
: I'm young and don't know what I want...whatever...so I'm not whining or
: complaining...if I actually TRIED then I would have some right to complain
: and ehine.

Well if you don't want and don't care then why are you even bothering with this thread? :-)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Ok...what's up with that?Dorfie 6/11/02 4:59 p.m.
     Re: Ok...what's up with that?Mazilurik 6/11/02 5:41 p.m.
           Re: Ok...what's up with that?Vid Boi 6/12/02 4:38 a.m.
           Heh...oops...Dorfie 6/12/02 6:30 a.m.
                 Re: Heh...oops...Jacke 6/12/02 10:59 a.m.
                       Re: Heh...oops...Vid Boi 6/12/02 12:03 p.m.
                             Re: Heh...oops...Boomer 6/12/02 2:24 p.m.
                                   I smell idiot magnet:) *NM*Tru7h 6/12/02 2:43 p.m.
                                         U must have your nose to close to ur mom ;) *NM*Boomer 6/12/02 2:45 p.m.
                                         Or maybe...Vid Boi 6/12/02 3:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Or maybe...Boomer 6/12/02 3:11 p.m.
                                   I'm sorry about this post, it's late:Vid Boi 6/12/02 3:30 p.m.
                                         Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/12/02 3:43 p.m.
                                               Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/12/02 3:45 p.m.
                                                     Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTForrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:33 p.m.
                                                           Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/15/02 1:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Heh...oops...Mazilurik 6/12/02 3:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/12/02 4:22 p.m.
                                               Re: Heh...oops...Boomer 6/12/02 5:39 p.m.
                                                     Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/12/02 9:03 p.m.
                                                           Heh.Djof 6/13/02 8:28 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Heh.REB 6/14/02 8:50 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Heh.Djof 6/15/02 8:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Heh.REB 6/16/02 8:05 a.m.
                                                           Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/13/02 9:55 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/14/02 8:52 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/14/02 11:14 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Heh...oops...Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 2:41 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/14/02 4:21 p.m.
                                                           Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/13/02 11:24 p.m.
                                                                 Ummmmm ...Jester 6/13/02 11:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Ummmmm ...Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 2:21 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Ummmmm ...Jester 6/14/02 5:38 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/14/02 3:25 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Sex Tips for GeeksTru7h 6/14/02 5:54 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:26 p.m.
                                                                             Relationship woes of ErnieErnie 6/15/02 11:36 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 1:15 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Relationship woes of Ernieernie 6/15/02 3:03 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 4:44 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 7:58 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieForrest of B.org 6/15/02 6:21 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/15/02 11:46 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/15/02 6:30 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/16/02 8:48 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/19/02 4:28 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/17/02 2:08 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for GeeksErnie 7/2/02 5:04 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for GeeksJacke 7/3/02 6:27 a.m.
                                                                                         Whoops. Thanks for the correction. :) NMErnie 7/4/02 5:31 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/14/02 9:06 a.m.
                                                                 The REAL Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/15/02 12:59 a.m.
                                                           STFG, Part IIForrest of B.org 6/13/02 11:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: Heh...oops...Vid Boi 6/14/02 7:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Heh...oops...Tru7h 6/12/02 6:59 p.m.
                 I have the best one.Djof 6/12/02 6:14 p.m.
                       ...Djof 6/12/02 6:16 p.m.
                             Re: ...Vid Boi 6/12/02 11:11 p.m.
                       Re: I have the best one.Dorfie 6/13/02 8:58 a.m.
                             Re: I have the best one.Boomer 6/13/02 10:04 a.m.
                       Re: I have the best one.Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:35 p.m.
     I think it's time /dev/null this thread *NM*Vid Boi 6/15/02 12:12 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.