/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Relationship woes of Ernie
Posted By: ErnieDate: 6/15/02 11:36 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Sex Tips for Geeks (Forrest of B.org)

Thanks Forrest and everyone for contributing to this really interesting, although quasi-offtopic conversation. : )

My own dating experience (I'm 17, 18 in August, and Live in Ontario, Canada) is pretty limited.

I mean, according to the girls in my highschool i talk with (mostly girls younger than myself) I'm something of a hot commody(!?). Thing is, I feel the EXACT same way that some one in an above thread felt.

"This is my problem with the whole dating thing. I'm the type of person that won't play if I can't win...I mean, I've got too much to lose."

I dont want to RISK anything. Its like this:
If you have money (self esteem), and had the change to go for a double or nothing gambling wager (ask attractive girl out, + win her over, or lose alot of selfesteem), what would you pick?

Personally, I always wait until I know the girl is attracted to me. Then Its easy as hell from there.

May I point everyone to my 'deadjournal' @ http://www.deadjournal.com/users/durandal/
It covers the turmoil I went through with dating a girl I met in my store. It was a great relationship, then.. well take a read. Let me know if this kind of behavior has ever happened with someone else.

I seem to be able to talk with and get into that dating mode with girls younger than me (grades 9-10). I find alot of girls around own age (give or take 1 year) are all alreddy dating. My my case, many of them are dating men who are 20-25. :(
Its a sad, lame excuse why I'm not dating girls my own age, but I get that feeling that I'm 'out of place'.

-In regards to a previous post, I wouldn't have issues going to bars to me women, but other than the fact I hate that kind of music (I'd be in my own personal hell listening to Hiphop/gangsta rap for hours on end) and the smokey atmosphere (I'll drink, no issues there)that is in bars...
That kind of socalizations is ruled out for me.

-"I was never looking for any sort of casual relationship. I looked at girls as future-mother-of-my-children kind of material, someone I could spend my entire life with, and if they didn't seem absolutely PERFECT right off the bat I wouldn't pay any attention to them. But a year or two ago I realized that if you're always aiming for the end you're never gonna make it."

This was said by Forrest, and I find it rings true.
There has been... hrm, probably 4 different girls I've become | and still am | friends with who arn't really that attractive (or have had some really weird issues with drugs that freaks me out) that I could have asked out. I was at the point where they really liked me, but... its that warning bell that goes off in my head. Its similar to the kind when you walk into a room with 5 Juggernauts and a legon of Enforcers... ; D
I find I have to really really like the girl before asking them out.

"I know this girl from my art class ... Getting to know her better, I found out that she is indeed a very sexual person. (she's the one I'm currently waiting for the "green light" with, as mentioned in another post in this thread. She knows I like her, and she's confessed [and shown] that she likes me, but her current boyfriend doesn't approve so we're not doing anything unless something happens between them)."

Again, a quote from Forrest. This is almost the same as my case.(And looking @ that file name its totally untrue. :D) Only, I've known her for the past 4 years of highschool. Same scenerio (even the class where I came to the same conclusion Forrest did) with me.

Dating isn't everything, but it sure is SOMETHING. Since I'm not in any relationships right now, I really wish I had a more diverse social group. I got to partys (this girl Jenns brithday, woo!)

Reading through these posts I found very interesting. Im glad to see, in some instances, I'm not alone, and in others, im better off. :)

Im wrapping up this post quick, cause Im at work, and its raining Hail outside. Power might go off.

Such is living in Canada.
Please, post responses away.

Regards all,
Ernie

My deadjournal

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Ok...what's up with that?Dorfie 6/11/02 4:59 p.m.
     Re: Ok...what's up with that?Mazilurik 6/11/02 5:41 p.m.
           Re: Ok...what's up with that?Vid Boi 6/12/02 4:38 a.m.
           Heh...oops...Dorfie 6/12/02 6:30 a.m.
                 Re: Heh...oops...Jacke 6/12/02 10:59 a.m.
                       Re: Heh...oops...Vid Boi 6/12/02 12:03 p.m.
                             Re: Heh...oops...Boomer 6/12/02 2:24 p.m.
                                   I smell idiot magnet:) *NM*Tru7h 6/12/02 2:43 p.m.
                                         U must have your nose to close to ur mom ;) *NM*Boomer 6/12/02 2:45 p.m.
                                         Or maybe...Vid Boi 6/12/02 3:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Or maybe...Boomer 6/12/02 3:11 p.m.
                                   I'm sorry about this post, it's late:Vid Boi 6/12/02 3:30 p.m.
                                         Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/12/02 3:43 p.m.
                                               Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/12/02 3:45 p.m.
                                                     Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTForrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:33 p.m.
                                                           Re: Oh you are still young grasshopper NTD-M.A. 6/15/02 1:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Heh...oops...Mazilurik 6/12/02 3:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/12/02 4:22 p.m.
                                               Re: Heh...oops...Boomer 6/12/02 5:39 p.m.
                                                     Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/12/02 9:03 p.m.
                                                           Heh.Djof 6/13/02 8:28 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Heh.REB 6/14/02 8:50 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Heh.Djof 6/15/02 8:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Heh.REB 6/16/02 8:05 a.m.
                                                           Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/13/02 9:55 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Heh...oops...REB 6/14/02 8:52 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/14/02 11:14 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Heh...oops...Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 2:41 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Heh...oops...Yossarian 6/14/02 4:21 p.m.
                                                           Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/13/02 11:24 p.m.
                                                                 Ummmmm ...Jester 6/13/02 11:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Ummmmm ...Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 2:21 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Ummmmm ...Jester 6/14/02 5:38 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/14/02 3:25 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Sex Tips for GeeksTru7h 6/14/02 5:54 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:26 p.m.
                                                                             Relationship woes of ErnieErnie 6/15/02 11:36 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 1:15 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Relationship woes of Ernieernie 6/15/02 3:03 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 4:44 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Relationship woes of ErnieYossarian 6/15/02 7:58 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Relationship woes of ErnieForrest of B.org 6/15/02 6:21 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/15/02 11:46 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/15/02 6:30 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/16/02 8:48 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/19/02 4:28 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for Geeks:: Beer Can :: 6/17/02 2:08 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Sex Tips for GeeksErnie 7/2/02 5:04 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sex Tips for GeeksJacke 7/3/02 6:27 a.m.
                                                                                         Whoops. Thanks for the correction. :) NMErnie 7/4/02 5:31 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Sex Tips for GeeksREB 6/14/02 9:06 a.m.
                                                                 The REAL Sex Tips for GeeksForrest of B.org 6/15/02 12:59 a.m.
                                                           STFG, Part IIForrest of B.org 6/13/02 11:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: Heh...oops...Vid Boi 6/14/02 7:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Heh...oops...Tru7h 6/12/02 6:59 p.m.
                 I have the best one.Djof 6/12/02 6:14 p.m.
                       ...Djof 6/12/02 6:16 p.m.
                             Re: ...Vid Boi 6/12/02 11:11 p.m.
                       Re: I have the best one.Dorfie 6/13/02 8:58 a.m.
                             Re: I have the best one.Boomer 6/13/02 10:04 a.m.
                       Re: I have the best one.Forrest of B.org 6/14/02 10:35 p.m.
     I think it's time /dev/null this thread *NM*Vid Boi 6/15/02 12:12 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.