/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: W'rkncacnter and timelines
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 11/29/06 10:39 p.m.

In Response To: Re: W'rkncacnter and timelines (Forrest of B.org)

: And technically, a
: freed W'rk could jump around to any point in space in any point in time in
: any timeline, so if any W'rk was *ever* free at any time in any possible
: history, then there is possible a branch of this timeline we're in right
: now where a free W'rkncacnter shows up here in my bedroom. But, there are
: infinitely many more timelines where that doesn't happen, and this seems
: to be one of themOH GOD MAKE IT STOP[no carrier]

I have returned from an alternate future and contained the W'rkncacnter to bring you this further message:

I'm not sure I explicitly mention it anywhere, but this ability of the W'rk to go anywhere anywhen is my explanation for the huge W'rk-battle at the dawn of time. All these W'rk (there are many such all-powerful beings with less than rational motivations, ascended from different civilizations across space, time, and alt-time) want absolute control over history, so of course, they all try to go back to the beginning of time to take charge before anyone else is around to stop them. But, since there's a ton of them, maybe even infinitely many copies of themselves, pouring in from a zillion alternate futures, all struggling for control over this initial moment... there's a major war between them. And after the war peters out, the mostly-dead survivors drift unconscious through space until they knock into unsuspecting planets or, more likely (and fortunately for us), fall into stars or black holes or such.

"In primordial space, timeless creatures made wave. The waves were battles, and the battles were waves..."

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

W'rkncacnter and timelinesFrungi 11/28/06 10:01 p.m.
     Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesForrest of B.org 11/29/06 7:12 a.m.
           Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesFrungi 11/29/06 8:45 a.m.
                 Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesForrest of B.org 11/29/06 12:09 p.m.
                       Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesFrungi 11/29/06 4:55 p.m.
                             Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesFrungi 11/29/06 5:06 p.m.
                                   Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesForrest of B.org 11/29/06 10:33 p.m.
                                         Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesForrest of B.org 11/29/06 10:39 p.m.
                                               Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesFrungi 11/30/06 7:23 a.m.
                                                     Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesIcarus 11/30/06 11:23 a.m.
                                                           Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesForrest of B.org 11/30/06 1:48 p.m.
                                                                 Inane timelines questionFrungi 11/30/06 4:28 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Inane timelines questionForrest of B.org 12/1/06 7:49 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Inane timelines questionFrungi 12/1/06 8:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesFrungi 11/30/06 4:32 p.m.
                                                                 Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesIcarus 12/5/06 12:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesIcarus 12/5/06 12:04 p.m.
                                                                       Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesIcarus 12/5/06 12:06 p.m.
                                                                             I thought that was your job. ;) *NM*MrHen 12/5/06 12:09 p.m.
                                                                       Re: W'rkncacnter and timelinesFrungi 12/5/06 4:05 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.