/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!
Posted By: Traxis-SpawnDate: 9/8/04 10:45 a.m.

In Response To: Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?! (goran)

: First, Trax, I'm from Sweden, and I'll use whatever swedish unproper english
: I want. This is my second language, lets see you come here and argue on
: french or german. Would you type flawless with no grammar or spelling
: errors? Think again.

So noted, allowances made, please pardon the editor in me for taking over.

: ...What if I don't want to :P

Well, ya did anyway. :P

: See the average pc users doesn't care at all about mac users, we NEVER get
: the tools for any of the games out there, NEVER. Now this is a rare thing,
: marathon is a mac game, and the roles are exchanged. You are the ones who
: don't have any editors, and see how you come here whining about it.

I officially discount myself as a PC user, siting the fact that the only reason I dont have a mac right now is that mine is currently pushing up dasies and I don't have the grand (minimum) to spend on a new one. I am not a PC user, I am not a Mac user, I am a COMPUTER user.
Beyond that, isn't half of the heart of open source the ideal that anyone can use the software, reguardless of what OS they are using?

: try asking. It just happens to be that forge works best in classic, os x
: users simulate it through some program , but there's still lots of mappers
: creating maps on os9.

Ok, so several people need to update their software for compatability reasons.

: Besides, if you'd been a fan of a game since you was 10 yrs old, and you've
: always been able to play it. Then all of a sudden, it requires you to buy
: a brand new mac or switch to pc, just because they don't update the
: orinigal system that thon was released for anymore.

This you say to the person who has never ben able to get his hands on MI. *sniffsniff* Newer software requires newer hardware to run. It shouldnt, but it does. You're talking to someone who writes code that will run on a p166 because he absolutely detests the trend, but the fact of the matter is that it is the trend, and nither one of us are going to have much success changing it.

: I don't actually understand what you mean with this point. It was just my
: opinion that sdl shouldn't slow down mac. Did I "bitch" about
: how they gonna work, did I say that? I said what I thought, you know, my
: opinion, that's my right, at least in my country.

Saying what someone should be doing when you are not doing any of the work yourself or stated an offer to help constitutes bitching in the Trax-ionary. That being said, so was I.

: No you don't. See, you don't try hard enough. Do you think forge is like a
: dance on roses to learn when it first came out, well I have to dissapoint
: you, it's not. So there is a editor and you wanna make maps, pay the guy
: and start learning the program.

Forge has been updated since then, has it not? Obed, not so much. If there were even so much as "This _blah_ does _that_" for documentation, I would quite probably be willing to scrape together the money to pay for it. But if an author is not willing to document his own work, then why should I pay him for the privilage of writing the Docs for him.

: ...and yeah, you pc users deserve some "fucking credit", I forgot
: that.

Goran, on a completely different personal note, you have officially earned my respect, for defending your opinions, and having a sense of humor about it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

E0...Me_43 9/4/04 3:08 p.m.
     Re: E0...Simon of team Sigma 9/4/04 6:22 p.m.
           Would Aleph "integration" be possible? *NM*Mista_B 9/4/04 7:25 p.m.
                 It's Engine/Zero. And yes, but not yet *NM*Me_43 9/4/04 9:26 p.m.
     Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/5/04 2:14 a.m.
           Re: E0...Me_43 9/5/04 11:39 a.m.
                 Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/5/04 3:21 p.m.
                       Re: E0...Me_43 9/5/04 5:48 p.m.
           Re: E0...Little Kago 9/5/04 12:11 p.m.
                 Re: E0...Steve Levinson 9/5/04 1:47 p.m.
                       Re: E0...Little Kago 9/5/04 5:37 p.m.
                             Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/6/04 3:15 a.m.
                                   Re: E0...Simon of team Sigma 9/6/04 4:06 a.m.
                                         jeez guys...Anaphiel 9/6/04 5:00 a.m.
                                               Re: jeez guys...Adam Ashwell 9/6/04 5:08 a.m.
                                                     the best part...Anaphiel 9/6/04 6:57 a.m.
                                                           Re: the best part...a disreputable source 9/6/04 7:09 a.m.
                                                                 Re: the best part...Johannes Gunnar 9/6/04 2:04 p.m.
                                                                       Re: the best part...Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 7:35 p.m.
                                                                             Re: the best part...a disreputable source 9/6/04 8:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: jeez guys...Me_43 9/6/04 2:42 p.m.
                                   Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/6/04 7:10 a.m.
                                         Re: E0...Anaphiel 9/6/04 7:28 a.m.
                                               Re: E0...Simon of team Sigma 9/6/04 7:39 a.m.
                                         Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/6/04 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: E0...D-M.A. 9/6/04 11:13 a.m.
                                               Re: E0...Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 7:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/7/04 6:24 a.m.
                                                           Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/7/04 6:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: E0...D-M.A. 9/7/04 6:55 a.m.
                                                                       Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/7/04 9:49 a.m.
                                                     Re: E0...Steve Levinson 9/7/04 7:07 a.m.
                                                           Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/7/04 1:20 p.m.
                 Re: E0...Lt Devon 9/5/04 2:40 p.m.
     Re: E0...Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 7:42 p.m.
           What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Steve Levinson 9/6/04 8:09 p.m.
                 Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 8:47 p.m.
                       Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/7/04 1:08 p.m.
                             Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Steve Levinson 9/7/04 1:51 p.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!blake37 9/7/04 3:20 p.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 2:18 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!D-M.A. 9/7/04 9:25 p.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/8/04 12:42 a.m.
                             Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 12:22 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 1:00 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/8/04 1:17 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?! *NM*Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 1:28 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!D-M.A. 9/8/04 3:12 a.m.
                                               LOL! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 3:55 a.m.
                                         It’s not often I use this word, but...deathmonger 9/8/04 6:33 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 10:45 a.m.
                                               Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/8/04 1:02 p.m.
                                                     Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 10:11 p.m.
                                   Icelandic for beginners.Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 2:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Icelandic for beginners.D-M.A. 9/8/04 3:07 a.m.
                                               Re: Icelandic for beginners.Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 3:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: Icelandic for beginners.D-M.A. 9/8/04 6:43 a.m.
                                                           My hijacked thread has been hijacked! *NM*Steve Levinson 9/8/04 7:16 a.m.
                                                                 Thats what ya get...Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 10:47 a.m.
                                                           Re: Icelandic for beginners.Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 11:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Icelandic for beginners.Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 11:47 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Dutch for beginners•M 9/8/04 12:14 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Dutch for beginnersAdam Ashwell 9/8/04 12:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Dutch for beginnersForrest of B.org 9/8/04 4:01 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Dutch for beginnersAdam Ashwell 9/8/04 4:10 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dutch for beginnersSteve Levinson 9/8/04 6:44 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dutch for beginnersForrest of B.org 9/8/04 6:54 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Dutch for beginnersYossarian 9/8/04 1:03 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Dutch for beginnersD-M.A. 9/8/04 7:17 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Dutch for beginnersJohannes Gunnar 9/9/04 3:46 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Dutch for beginnersD-M.A. 9/9/04 5:59 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dutch for beginnersJohannes Gunnar 9/9/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Dutch for beginnersD-M.A. 9/10/04 3:26 a.m.
                                                                                         How about Japanese/ChineseSteve Levinson 9/9/04 7:11 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: How about Japanese/ChineseJacke 9/9/04 2:44 p.m.
                                                                                   Finnish for beginnersVid Boi 9/10/04 4:35 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Finnish for beginnersD-M.A. 9/10/04 4:47 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Finnish for beginnersForrest of B.org 9/10/04 7:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     oMgZoRz! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 9/10/04 9:27 a.m.
                                                           Re: Icelandic for beginners.•M 9/8/04 11:57 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Icelandic for beginners.Steve Levinson 9/8/04 12:18 p.m.
                                                                       you should visit iceland sometime. :-) *NM*Johannes Gunnar 9/9/04 4:28 a.m.
                                                                             It's on the list (for more than a 2AM stopover) *NM*Steve Levinson 9/9/04 7:00 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Simon of team Sigma 9/8/04 7:00 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 9:57 a.m.
                                               Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Simon of team Sigma 9/8/04 10:47 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Yossarian 9/8/04 8:11 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.