/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!
Posted By: goranDate: 9/8/04 1:17 a.m.

In Response To: Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?! (Traxis-Spawn)

: On a personal note, if you are going to trash a population segment at large,
: please do have the respect and decency to USE PROPER ENGLISH

: ~~Trax

First, Trax, I'm from Sweden, and I'll use whatever swedish unproper english I want. This is my second language, lets see you come here and argue on french or german. Would you type flawless with no grammar or spelling errors? Think again.

: Typical "The world must revolve around me and what I want"
: thinking. Ya know what, you're wrong, on a few counts. Lets go there,
: shall we?

...What if I don't want to :P

this is the typical I'm smarter than you, let me lecture you. haha. Levinson can lecture me, he's very grownup and smart, I admire his way of arguing without being agressive. You on the other hand, is like me, getting upset about opinions.

: 1) Marathon 2 WAS released for the pc. Guess what, there are those of us who
: actually bought it. It didn't 'suddenly' get important. If Bungie cared
: about us PC users, what does that say about you?

See the average pc users doesn't care at all about mac users, we NEVER get the tools for any of the games out there, NEVER. Now this is a rare thing, marathon is a mac game, and the roles are exchanged. You are the ones who don't have any editors, and see how you come here whining about it.

: 2) You specifically define a double standard by stating that PCs arent
: important, but pre-osX macs are. How many people are there using windows
: version BLAH compared to os9?

try asking. It just happens to be that forge works best in classic, os x users simulate it through some program , but there's still lots of mappers creating maps on os9.

Besides, if you'd been a fan of a game since you was 10 yrs old, and you've always been able to play it. Then all of a sudden, it requires you to buy a brand new mac or switch to pc, just because they don't update the orinigal system that thon was released for anymore.

: 3) SDL is an emerging standard. MULTIPLE OSs use it. Unless I'm mistaken, OSx
: has an SDL toolkit (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one please).
: Seems kinda farkedup to me that there are seperate versions, assuming that
: is the case. But, ya know what, I'm not gonna bitch because the people who
: are taking the time to wade through all that damm sourcecode are doing it
: that way. If you arent going to do the work, you have no right to bitch
: about how its getting done. These people are doing this ON THEIR OWN TIME
: WITH NO COMPENSATION.

I don't actually understand what you mean with this point. It was just my opinion that sdl shouldn't slow down mac. Did I "bitch" about how they gonna work, did I say that? I said what I thought, you know, my opinion, that's my right, at least in my country.

: 4) Yeah, most if not all the people making maps are on Macs. Ya know why?
: cause noone has given us decent tools to work with on the PC side. Yeah,
: their's obed, but A) its shareware, and B) there is virtually NO
: documentation on how to build with it. Give me a decent tool to work with,
: and I'll start cranking out the maps that I've got bouncing around inside
: my skull. Us PC users deserve some fucking credit.

No you don't. See, you don't try hard enough. Do you think forge is like a dance on roses to learn when it first came out, well I have to dissapoint you, it's not. So there is a editor and you wanna make maps, pay the guy and start learning the program.

...and yeah, you pc users deserve some "fucking credit", I forgot that.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

E0...Me_43 9/4/04 3:08 p.m.
     Re: E0...Simon of team Sigma 9/4/04 6:22 p.m.
           Would Aleph "integration" be possible? *NM*Mista_B 9/4/04 7:25 p.m.
                 It's Engine/Zero. And yes, but not yet *NM*Me_43 9/4/04 9:26 p.m.
     Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/5/04 2:14 a.m.
           Re: E0...Me_43 9/5/04 11:39 a.m.
                 Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/5/04 3:21 p.m.
                       Re: E0...Me_43 9/5/04 5:48 p.m.
           Re: E0...Little Kago 9/5/04 12:11 p.m.
                 Re: E0...Steve Levinson 9/5/04 1:47 p.m.
                       Re: E0...Little Kago 9/5/04 5:37 p.m.
                             Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/6/04 3:15 a.m.
                                   Re: E0...Simon of team Sigma 9/6/04 4:06 a.m.
                                         jeez guys...Anaphiel 9/6/04 5:00 a.m.
                                               Re: jeez guys...Adam Ashwell 9/6/04 5:08 a.m.
                                                     the best part...Anaphiel 9/6/04 6:57 a.m.
                                                           Re: the best part...a disreputable source 9/6/04 7:09 a.m.
                                                                 Re: the best part...Johannes Gunnar 9/6/04 2:04 p.m.
                                                                       Re: the best part...Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 7:35 p.m.
                                                                             Re: the best part...a disreputable source 9/6/04 8:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: jeez guys...Me_43 9/6/04 2:42 p.m.
                                   Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/6/04 7:10 a.m.
                                         Re: E0...Anaphiel 9/6/04 7:28 a.m.
                                               Re: E0...Simon of team Sigma 9/6/04 7:39 a.m.
                                         Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/6/04 7:42 a.m.
                                               Re: E0...D-M.A. 9/6/04 11:13 a.m.
                                               Re: E0...Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 7:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/7/04 6:24 a.m.
                                                           Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/7/04 6:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: E0...D-M.A. 9/7/04 6:55 a.m.
                                                                       Re: E0...Adam Ashwell 9/7/04 9:49 a.m.
                                                     Re: E0...Steve Levinson 9/7/04 7:07 a.m.
                                                           Re: E0...a disreputable source 9/7/04 1:20 p.m.
                 Re: E0...Lt Devon 9/5/04 2:40 p.m.
     Re: E0...Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 7:42 p.m.
           What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Steve Levinson 9/6/04 8:09 p.m.
                 Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Speaker-To-Animals 9/6/04 8:47 p.m.
                       Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/7/04 1:08 p.m.
                             Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Steve Levinson 9/7/04 1:51 p.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!blake37 9/7/04 3:20 p.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 2:18 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!D-M.A. 9/7/04 9:25 p.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/8/04 12:42 a.m.
                             Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 12:22 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 1:00 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/8/04 1:17 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?! *NM*Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 1:28 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!D-M.A. 9/8/04 3:12 a.m.
                                               LOL! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 3:55 a.m.
                                         It’s not often I use this word, but...deathmonger 9/8/04 6:33 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 10:45 a.m.
                                               Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!goran 9/8/04 1:02 p.m.
                                                     Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 10:11 p.m.
                                   Icelandic for beginners.Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 2:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Icelandic for beginners.D-M.A. 9/8/04 3:07 a.m.
                                               Re: Icelandic for beginners.Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 3:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: Icelandic for beginners.D-M.A. 9/8/04 6:43 a.m.
                                                           My hijacked thread has been hijacked! *NM*Steve Levinson 9/8/04 7:16 a.m.
                                                                 Thats what ya get...Traxis-Spawn 9/8/04 10:47 a.m.
                                                           Re: Icelandic for beginners.Johannes Gunnar 9/8/04 11:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Icelandic for beginners.Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 11:47 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Dutch for beginners•M 9/8/04 12:14 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Dutch for beginnersAdam Ashwell 9/8/04 12:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Dutch for beginnersForrest of B.org 9/8/04 4:01 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Dutch for beginnersAdam Ashwell 9/8/04 4:10 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dutch for beginnersSteve Levinson 9/8/04 6:44 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dutch for beginnersForrest of B.org 9/8/04 6:54 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Dutch for beginnersYossarian 9/8/04 1:03 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Dutch for beginnersD-M.A. 9/8/04 7:17 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Dutch for beginnersJohannes Gunnar 9/9/04 3:46 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Dutch for beginnersD-M.A. 9/9/04 5:59 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dutch for beginnersJohannes Gunnar 9/9/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Dutch for beginnersD-M.A. 9/10/04 3:26 a.m.
                                                                                         How about Japanese/ChineseSteve Levinson 9/9/04 7:11 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: How about Japanese/ChineseJacke 9/9/04 2:44 p.m.
                                                                                   Finnish for beginnersVid Boi 9/10/04 4:35 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Finnish for beginnersD-M.A. 9/10/04 4:47 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Finnish for beginnersForrest of B.org 9/10/04 7:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     oMgZoRz! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 9/10/04 9:27 a.m.
                                                           Re: Icelandic for beginners.•M 9/8/04 11:57 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Icelandic for beginners.Steve Levinson 9/8/04 12:18 p.m.
                                                                       you should visit iceland sometime. :-) *NM*Johannes Gunnar 9/9/04 4:28 a.m.
                                                                             It's on the list (for more than a 2AM stopover) *NM*Steve Levinson 9/9/04 7:00 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Simon of team Sigma 9/8/04 7:00 a.m.
                                         Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Adam Ashwell 9/8/04 9:57 a.m.
                                               Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Simon of team Sigma 9/8/04 10:47 a.m.
                                   Re: What do you mean no one is working on AO?!Yossarian 9/8/04 8:11 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.