/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 4/28/04 6:37 a.m.

In Response To: Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH! (Steve Levinson)

: Unfortunately, I think you're the
: one eating humble pie this time. You never raised the elevator platform in
: the first place, whereas Mark and I did. I think that Ian clearly had
: intended for the platform to be raised. I would also point out that
: although you might not be troubled by making that jump across and then
: having limited manouverability to deal with the monsters awaiting you,
: most players would. Maybe the rest of us are idots but, clearly, if
: someone can be trapped, they will and we need to fix it.

Ok, let me see if I can bring some closure to this unfortunate thread. First of all, let me apologize if I offended Steve and anyone else. My only reason for losing my cool for a moment was over my frustration at not seeing why it was possible to become trapped. Despite my repeated inquiries on this matter, up until Mark's last post I was not getting a straight enough answer from anyone. And then your post last night Steve had a tone of "arrogance" to it, as though any "idiot" should be able to see how one can get trapped. I honestly and frankly assumed that Ian expected the player to hop over to that hallway leading to the exit room. I did not even know about the NW switch until Mark mentioned it. There is no ammo up that way, and since the hop over to that hallway is simple, I saw no need to visit that part of the map.

Anyway, however everyone wants to fix the problem is fine with me. On another matter, I still say it's a bit of inconsistency when we plan to have two recharge stations on the previous level and none on this one, when the previous level is nowhere near as hard as this one. IMO

Again I apologize to everyone reading this post for my earlier lack of tact.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 7:17 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 9:48 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:56 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 10:18 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:45 a.m.
                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 12:20 p.m.
                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 3:08 p.m.
                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 3:22 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 3:50 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 4:44 p.m.
                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 5:17 p.m.
                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 5:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 9:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 10:47 a.m.
                                                                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 3:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 5:12 p.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/27/04 5:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 2:50 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 4:37 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 6:37 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Mark Levin 4/28/04 6:56 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 9:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 5:55 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:06 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:17 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.