/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 4/27/04 5:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? (Dr. John Sumner)

: Thanks Mark. I just have a couple of clarifying comments/questions: The
: recharger in the control room will be initially active also? And we have
: decided not to have another recharger on this level in addition to the one
: in the control room?

I thought we had decided on 2 health chargers: One that already exists in RED 1.0 in the reactor control room which is not available until late in the level, and one to replace the infinitely respawning health canister in the first room of the level. I was going to make the pre-existing recharger available earlier in the level, but after this thread I think we can leave it as it is (available later), since you'll be returning to that room with the chip and there will be a second source of health.

: Ok, I still do not see how the player can be trapped. Once I raise the first
: half of the elevator shaft with the first switch, that allows me access to
: the upper floor. Once I ascend to the upper floor, even if I fall back
: down into the first half of the level, I still have access to every part
: of the level I have visited so far. Where am I going to be trapped? I
: guess there is something I am not seeing.

There are 2 switches on the level that each control one half of the "shaft". The first switch is near the start of the level and controls the southern half; the second switch is in the northwest end of the map and controls the north half. It's this *second* switch I'm concerned about; if you hit it and then return to the beginning of the level, you can no longer reach the end of the level because the raised north half of the shaft blocks the only available path. I just tried this in Forge and I'm sure you get stuck, unless you know of a way to get back on track that I don't.

: One final question. Will you be removing the Fist invulnerability from all
: enemies on every level?

Yes. The only place I would hesitate to do this is with the brothers themselves, but we can discuss that when we get to levels where you have to fight them.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 7:17 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 9:48 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:56 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 10:18 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:45 a.m.
                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 12:20 p.m.
                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 3:08 p.m.
                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 3:22 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 3:50 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 4:44 p.m.
                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 5:17 p.m.
                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 5:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 9:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 10:47 a.m.
                                                                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 3:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 5:12 p.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/27/04 5:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 2:50 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 4:37 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 6:37 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Mark Levin 4/28/04 6:56 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 9:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 5:55 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:06 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:17 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.