/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 4/28/04 3:06 a.m.

In Response To: Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? (Mark Levin)

: There are 2 switches on the level that each control one half of the
: "shaft". The first switch is near the start of the level and
: controls the southern half; the second switch is in the northwest end of
: the map and controls the north half. It's this *second* switch I'm
: concerned about; if you hit it and then return to the beginning of the
: level, you can no longer reach the end of the level because the raised
: north half of the shaft blocks the only available path. I just tried this
: in Forge and I'm sure you get stuck, unless you know of a way to get back
: on track that I don't.

Ok, now I understand what the problem is. There are actually three switches that control the shaft. Why is everyone visiting that second switch in the far northwest in the first place? Why is it even there is a better question? I have never bothered to visit that switch. It is not necessary to completing the level. As far as I can see, it should simply be removed.

Also, I just checked in Forge. The second half of the shaft is not initially extended. Once you hit the switch that is visible after dropping down below (the underground passage), the shaft area of the level is completely open. At that point, why visit that NW switch? There is no reason to.

: Yes. The only place I would hesitate to do this is with the brothers
: themselves, but we can discuss that when we get to levels where you have
: to fight them.

Ok, yes good point. We'll discuss that when we get to it. I was really concerned more with the turtle and beasts from the first half of the level.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 7:17 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 9:48 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:56 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 10:18 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:45 a.m.
                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 12:20 p.m.
                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 3:08 p.m.
                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 3:22 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 3:50 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 4:44 p.m.
                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 5:17 p.m.
                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 5:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 9:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 10:47 a.m.
                                                                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 3:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 5:12 p.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/27/04 5:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 2:50 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 4:37 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 6:37 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Mark Levin 4/28/04 6:56 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 9:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 5:55 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:06 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:17 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.